The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer
The Games Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mass Effect 2

+17
Tricky34
Ninja Yaro
stubbymite
Jameseire85
Gabhlan
harry haddack
ArcadeThrowback
Kev Lar 1
KENT HAMMER
djilladel
XkurosakiX
Leigh36295
sophosuni
PhenomenalFox
GrahamOfTheDead
Ba5sett
monders
21 posters

Page 5 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Mass Effect 2 - Page 5 Empty Mass Effect 2

Post  monders Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:47 pm

First topic message reminder :

Seriously can't wait for this bad boy. But here's the thing, I'm not happy with my ME1 character/chocies so I'm going to start from a scratch on ME2. A reboot, if you will.

Anyone else getting it? If so, how will you start?
monders
monders
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

Number of posts : 1460
Registration date : 2009-03-30
TGD Reputation : 46
TGD Elite Member Points : 7132

http://www.flickr.com/photos/thatnicelee/

Back to top Go down

Mass Effect 2 - Page 5 Empty Re: Mass Effect 2

Post  Ba5sett Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:27 pm

Been a long time since I have enjoyed a game so much, can't wait to get home and get back on it

Ba5sett
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

Number of posts : 3288
Registration date : 2009-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:30 pm

Insanity difficult is really testing my patience. 2 hours working out how to take down a Geth Prime with infinite Geth spawning while he is alive, oh and by the way they are all running at you and deploying powers........ Sad

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:09 pm

niteowl1980 wrote:Insanity difficult is really testing my patience. 2 hours working out how to take down a Geth Prime with infinite Geth spawning while he is alive, oh and by the way they are all running at you and deploying powers........ Sad

I started the Insanity run through last night, and from my original play through on standard I can see a few of the "set piece" battles may prove to be taxing... will have to see how it goes, but I think my character is well set for the challenge Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:31 pm

The Mad Ronin wrote:
niteowl1980 wrote:Insanity difficult is really testing my patience. 2 hours working out how to take down a Geth Prime with infinite Geth spawning while he is alive, oh and by the way they are all running at you and deploying powers........ Sad

I started the Insanity run through last night, and from my original play through on standard I can see a few of the "set piece" battles may prove to be taxing... will have to see how it goes, but I think my character is well set for the challenge Smile
Well I hope you have an easier time than me. I have a pretty well set up character and squad but am really struggling to get past the Collossus. Infinite respawns of rushing Geth = not fun anymore Sad

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:45 pm

Well fingers crossed that I wont run into the same problems you do as I can definately see that as being really sucky... what class are you playing with?

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:06 pm

Am a level 30 Engineer. My maxed out Overload and Incendiary blast are the only thing keeping me going with all the shields and armour I am up against. Got Miranda also with maxed out Overload and plenty of other stuff to keep the Geth slowed down ,(good AI hacking, Heavy Pull). Am sure I will get past it, only got three people left to recruit so have got through quite a few tough set pieces / boss fights Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:09 pm

Yeah I can see all those shields and armour are going to cause a lot of problems, especially as they render loads of powers useless until they are gone... well my ace in the hole is the infiltrators "now you see me now you don't power" great for confusing the hell out of the AI at times Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:41 pm

Lol I can imagine. Didnt even use my powers that much on the first run through but god I am a master technician with them now. Finally getting close to the combining biotic abilities achievement Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:45 pm

I started a second playthrough with a sentinal so I could work on that biotics achievement, it's great fun having Jacob use Pull and then casting Throw on the hapless victim... oh happy days Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:06 pm

OMG have just killed the Collossus. That is the most I have ever worked for anything in a game in my life. I need a drink Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:11 pm

niteowl1980 wrote:OMG have just killed the Collossus. That is the most I have ever worked for anything in a game in my life. I need a drink Very Happy

Nice work, perseverance paid off eh Smile

Oh yeah while you're up mines a double vodka on the rocks Razz

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:14 pm

The Mad Ronin wrote:I started a second playthrough with a sentinal so I could work on that biotics achievement, it's great fun having Jacob use Pull and then casting Throw on the hapless victim... oh happy days Smile
I have been using Jack (one of my fave characters and my love interest) for her heavy pull then while they are floating hitting them with heavy incendiary and heavy warp. Instant kill for almost anyone once the armour is gone Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Kev Lar 1 Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:33 am

Finished my first playthrough on Sunday night and oh my god what an ending to a great game. Can't wait untill Mass Effect 3. Will go through game again to get a couple of achievements I missed. The cinematics of the game are absolutely awsome. Don't think anything will beat this game so it's my game of the year.
Kev Lar 1
Kev Lar 1
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : Kev Lar 1
Number of posts : 3259
Registration date : 2009-01-26
TGD Reputation : 70
TGD Elite Member Points : 9466

Back to top Go down

Post  monders Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:40 am

I'm still well and truly loved up with this, and now 12hrs in. Just recruited Thane. There a few graphical niggles, but as I've always said, it's not about graphics. I've not started Shepheard down any love interest paths yet, but I think he might pound Miranda. Saying that, I'm bang in to alt girls, so maybe Jack will be on the recieving end, HMMMMM. ITS A TOUGHIE.

Can't believe some of yous on are playthrough two!
monders
monders
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

Back to top Go down

Post  Ba5sett Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:52 am

Sounds like I'm around the same area as you Monders although I've not been to get Thane yet, keep getting caught up in side quests and mineral scanning missions Smile

I think something really special will have to happen to beat ME2 to game of the year its awesome
Ba5sett
Ba5sett
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : Ba5sett
TGD Reputation : 58
TGD Elite Member Points : 9072

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:53 pm

monders wrote:Can't believe some of yous on are playthrough two!

Well it's that good it would be rude not to play it through again... I'm running two different plays at the moment, one for my insanity achievement and one to mop up the Biotics plus to see how it looks from the renegade side Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  monders Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:40 pm

How long awas your first run through? Was it very thorough?
monders
monders
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:59 pm

monders wrote:How long awas your first run through? Was it very thorough?

Can't remember the exact figure but somewhere between 25-30 hours maybe more, I was pretty damn thorough... did all the loyalty quests, a fair few random planet sweeps etc and a whole load of element hunting too.

Back to top Go down

Post  harry haddack Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:38 pm

i'am loving this game never liked RPG but after boaderlands and now this i'am loving the RPG. i like the fact that i can still run around and shoot stuff.
this has got to be my fav game for quite a while better than modern warfare 2 on story mode.
harry haddack
harry haddack
Mildly Addicted
Mildly Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : harry haddack
Number of posts : 998
Registration date : 2009-01-17
TGD Reputation : 17
TGD Elite Member Points : 6714

Back to top Go down

Post  sophosuni Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:28 am

I'm playing through thison veteran at the moment and am enjoying the challenge and the much improved combat. I just don't understand why Bioware took out the grindingly boring mako bits and replaced it with the grindingly boring planet scanning bits.
sophosuni
sophosuni
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : sophosuni
Number of posts : 1071
Registration date : 2009-09-20
TGD Reputation : 40
TGD Elite Member Points : 6593

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:04 pm

sophosuni wrote:I'm playing through thison veteran at the moment and am enjoying the challenge and the much improved combat. I just don't understand why Bioware took out the grindingly boring mako bits and replaced it with the grindingly boring planet scanning bits.
On Insanity this is quite a nice relaxing activity after the trauma of boss fights Sad

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Feb 07, 2010 2:55 pm

sophosuni wrote:I'm playing through thison veteran at the moment and am enjoying the challenge and the much improved combat. I just don't understand why Bioware took out the grindingly boring mako bits and replaced it with the grindingly boring planet scanning bits.

It did confuse me a little why they put that planet mining thing in it, but then as the game went on slowly but surely I felt the need to compulsively mine planets for no reason other than to accumulate large stockpiles of minerals... it's like some kind of weird cyber-crack that thing...

niteowl1980 wrote:On Insanity this is quite a nice relaxing activity after the trauma of boss fights Sad

I concur with this statement... although I still seem to want to get out the and kill more stuff!

Back to top Go down

Post  Ba5sett Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:54 am

I quite enjoy the planet mining stuff, I've been ready to go to the omega 4 relay for ages but I've just been mining and finishing off loads of random side quests, although it could just be that I've been enjoying the game so much I am finding excuses to put off finishing it!
Ba5sett
Ba5sett
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : Ba5sett
TGD Reputation : 58
TGD Elite Member Points : 9072

Back to top Go down

Post  Gabhlan Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:37 pm

I'll be definitely picking up a copy of this. I may wait for it to drop price a little first, if I can resist.

I've played through the first one about three times with different characters. It really had some good moments in there, though the expansion pack meteor thing wasn’t the best.
Gabhlan
Gabhlan
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : Gabhlan
Number of posts : 2395
Registration date : 2009-03-24
TGD Reputation : 31
TGD Elite Member Points : 8144

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:45 pm

Gabhlan wrote:I'll be definitely picking up a copy of this. I may wait for it to drop price a little first, if I can resist.

I've played through the first one about three times with different characters. It really had some good moments in there, though the expansion pack meteor thing wasn’t the best.

The "Bring Down the Sky" expansion was the best of the two, the story element of it was not too bad and it at least fit well into the main game... Pinacle Station however was just plain out horrible... horrible, horrible, horrible... all it managed to do is highlight all the problems ME1 had... I bet that is why they had the 150G attached to it, so they would at least sell some.

Back to top Go down

Post  KENT HAMMER Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:49 pm

WOW, I am really looking forward to playing this now!

This thread is now 2nd in our all time most popular thread list.

Check the Stats guys, they are addictive
KENT HAMMER
KENT HAMMER
Site Owner & Admin
Site Owner & Admin

XBOX Gamertag : KENT HAMMER
Number of posts : 13825
Registration date : 2009-01-05
TGD Reputation : 578
TGD Elite Member Points : 25627

https://www.youtube.com/TheGamesDenTV

Back to top Go down