The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer
The Games Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

*Official Modern Warfare 2 Thread*

+36
Ivor Coff
sophosuni
Mister Blade
Artois
GrahamOfTheDead
Wild Osprey
kenyanscott
Virus25061984
Armed Kross
Angel
devils phoenix
iFINGER
K05ch3i
monders
wewon5times
Shammy
Lance the pimp
BBK
garymason72
moomin
KENT HAMMER
gamblor74
palindromic BOB
Dangerous Dave
Kev Lar 1
PJ RISING
minkey_monkey
Bluffin Aces
ArcadeThrowback
harry haddack
XkurosakiX
Tricky34
Thommo
Ba5sett
Leigh36295
Mavriick
40 posters

Page 3 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

*Official Modern Warfare 2 Thread* - Page 3 Empty *Official Modern Warfare 2 Thread*

Post  Mavriick Tue Nov 03, 2009 3:59 pm

First topic message reminder :

Where`s the best place to pre-order mw2 from that will guarantee day of launch or even before.i`ve got to order two copies of the game. Very Happy
Mavriick
Mavriick
Mildly Addicted
Mildly Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : Mavriick55
Number of posts : 554
Registration date : 2009-03-27
TGD Reputation : 15
TGD Elite Member Points : 6163

Back to top Go down

*Official Modern Warfare 2 Thread* - Page 3 Empty Re: *Official Modern Warfare 2 Thread*

Post  PJ RISING Tue Nov 10, 2009 6:27 pm

I've paid £32.00 for my copy at asda's midnight release then came home and started to play it at 1.15am til 4.30am. good game im lovin it.

PJ RISING
unaddicted
unaddicted

Number of posts : 406
Registration date : 2009-05-08

Back to top Go down

*Official Modern Warfare 2 Thread* - Page 3 Empty Re: *Official Modern Warfare 2 Thread*

Post  ArcadeThrowback Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:43 pm

The game's brilliant. There's so many smart little iterations on the COD4 design, like the basic classes having pretty decent equipment from the get-go or being able to have an assault rifle and a shotgun. However... after playing online for a few hours, I've remembered why I gave up on COD4 two years ago; levelling up against the great unwashed is a bloody chore. Between the freaks that have played nothing by COD4 and W@W for the past two years to the wailing 12 year-olds that shouldn't be on it in the first place, I think I've had my fill of the online mode already. It's a shame, because the game is brilliant, it's just... you know, other people that spoil it.
ArcadeThrowback
ArcadeThrowback
unaddicted
unaddicted

XBOX Gamertag : Unknown
Number of posts : 309
Registration date : 2009-01-31
TGD Reputation : 16
TGD Elite Member Points : 5964

http://www.ArcadeThrowback.BlogSpot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  XkurosakiX Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:25 pm

MDub wrote:The game's brilliant. There's so many smart little iterations on the COD4 design, like the basic classes having pretty decent equipment from the get-go or being able to have an assault rifle and a shotgun. However... after playing online for a few hours, I've remembered why I gave up on COD4 two years ago; levelling up against the great unwashed is a bloody chore. Between the freaks that have played nothing by COD4 and W@W for the past two years to the wailing 12 year-olds that shouldn't be on it in the first place, I think I've had my fill of the online mode already. It's a shame, because the game is brilliant, it's just... you know, other people that spoil it.

I wouldn't give up on it just yet. Had a rough start getting back into the online mode after W@W but give it some time and it can be really worth it. Been glued to my screen all day, only to be dragged away for lectures this afternoon.
XkurosakiX
XkurosakiX
unaddicted
unaddicted

XBOX Gamertag : XkurosakiX
Number of posts : 210
Registration date : 2009-10-24
TGD Reputation : 8
TGD Elite Member Points : 5533

Back to top Go down

Post  iFINGER Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:10 am

I picked up mine from Sainsbury's for 26 quid, I was so excited a little wee came out! lol! I'm not sure how long this deal is running though!

I'm liking the story mode so far, but unsure about multiplayer - I don't like the idea that I have to level up to access my beloved hardcore modes! And yes damn annoying kids online - WTF? When I was waiting in the queue I noticed kids buying the game with their mums/dads - I was thinking it's an 18 - why bother placing certificates if you're not gonna follow them - guess sainsburys' thought their fags and vodka sales might improve at the same time!!!!
iFINGER
iFINGER
unaddicted
unaddicted

XBOX Gamertag : iFINGER
Number of posts : 189
Registration date : 2009-09-28
TGD Reputation : 9
TGD Elite Member Points : 5554

Back to top Go down

Post  Thommo Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:16 am

Played it for a couple of hours last night and so far so good. The story's pure Hollywood blockbuster and the multiplayer's just as addictive as COD4. I haven't tried spec-ops yet, is it any good??

Last edited by thommo12 on Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:28 am; edited 2 times in total
Thommo
Thommo
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

Number of posts : 1090
Registration date : 2009-07-20
TGD Reputation : 32
TGD Elite Member Points : 6701

Back to top Go down

Post  iFINGER Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:22 am

Spec Ops is like the mile high mission in COD4, it's a good mode and up to 2 players can tackle the various levels. It's fun but I would have like to have seen a four player co-op mode; especially online I can forgive split screen.
iFINGER
iFINGER
unaddicted
unaddicted

Back to top Go down

Post  moomin Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:32 pm

I've not tried this game on multiplayer as yet, I have two children of my own without listening to someone else's who think they are Rambo and are trying to tell me what to do....yes I am cannon fodder but you know what it's just a game so I deal with it.

I am enjoying playing through this game on campain though Smile

moomin
unaddicted
unaddicted

XBOX Gamertag : morpheusmoo
Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2009-11-01
TGD Reputation : 1
TGD Elite Member Points : 5344

Back to top Go down

Post  Shammy Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:37 pm

finished the campaign on vetern today , what a damn good game
Shammy
Shammy
unaddicted
unaddicted

XBOX Gamertag : iSHAMMY
Number of posts : 107
Registration date : 2009-06-22
TGD Elite Member Points : 5549

Back to top Go down

Post  moomin Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:45 pm

I only realised this morning that I'm playing through it on veteran...not like me at all, I normally have it on the easiest setting lol!

moomin
unaddicted
unaddicted

Back to top Go down

Post  gamblor74 Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:30 pm

Local Sainsburys Just re-stocked, Still £26...
gamblor74
gamblor74
unaddicted
unaddicted

XBOX Gamertag : Gamblor74
Number of posts : 90
Registration date : 2009-01-12
TGD Reputation : 12
TGD Elite Member Points : 5744

http://thebadgersden.co.uk

Back to top Go down

*Official Modern Warfare 2 Thread* - Page 3 Empty MW2 Game completed

Post  devils phoenix Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:56 pm

Hi there guys,

I have just well half an hour ago completed the game on veteran mode any one else on the forum completed it?

Have to admit i feel a little let down by it, thought you maybe given extras or emblems or something but alas just the 90g unlocked tut tut.
Are we having a veterans list for this game? Very Happy bounce
devils phoenix
devils phoenix
unaddicted
unaddicted

XBOX Gamertag : devils phoenix
Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2009-09-29
TGD Reputation : 0
TGD Elite Member Points : 5341

http://www.letzgoeco.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  garymason72 Wed Nov 11, 2009 3:15 pm

i have completed the Campaign, but not in Veteran. i have quite a way to go before i am good enough to do that.
garymason72
garymason72
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : Garymason72
Number of posts : 2506
Registration date : 2009-02-16
TGD Reputation : 171
TGD Elite Member Points : 8350

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Nov 11, 2009 3:27 pm

Blimey

folks completing it on Veteran on the day its released

thats very impressive

took me 2 years to complete COD2 on vet and I still have 2 levels of vet to do in COD4 after all these months

My copy has only just arrived today in the post so to see folks already through it completely is staggering

Back to top Go down

Post  Angel Wed Nov 11, 2009 5:16 pm

got the game an hour ago and already kickin arse on veteran Smile it looks good so far.. loved the mision in airport to kill all these civilians Very Happy
Angel
Angel
Mildly Addicted
Mildly Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : Im EliTE Angel
Number of posts : 606
Registration date : 2009-04-17
TGD Reputation : 34
TGD Elite Member Points : 6274

Back to top Go down

Post  Thommo Wed Nov 11, 2009 5:40 pm

Played Spec Ops now as well and although it's great, I feel like it's crying out for 4 player co-op as well as 2 player. Other than that, it seems like the developers have actually listened to what people want from multiplayer. The annoying perks have been replaced, the new perks, maps and customizable killstreaks are all brilliant and matches don't automatically end when the host quits. Happy days as fat-tongued mockney Jamie Oliver would say!!
Thommo
Thommo
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

Number of posts : 1090
Registration date : 2009-07-20
TGD Reputation : 32
TGD Elite Member Points : 6701

Back to top Go down

*Official Modern Warfare 2 Thread* - Page 3 Empty Elite and mw2 199.99

Post  wewon5times Wed Nov 11, 2009 6:24 pm

As my disc drive decided it was going to die on me last night ive been searching for a new 360 and play .com are doing the elite with mw2 for 199.99 Think thats the best option for me shame its the mrs bday a week monday otherwise id get it ordered friday.
Im wondering if she will change her bday for the week after for me so I can get it friday??? Laughing
wewon5times
wewon5times
Mildly Addicted
Mildly Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : wewon5times
Number of posts : 533
Registration date : 2009-10-23
TGD Reputation : 13
TGD Elite Member Points : 5950

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Nov 11, 2009 6:43 pm

At Ganestation you can get MW2 and Forza 3 with an Elite for £199.99 Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  wewon5times Wed Nov 11, 2009 7:15 pm

niteowl1980 wrote:At Ganestation you can get MW2 and Forza 3 with an Elite for £199.99 Very Happy
Think ill go have a look then
cheers for that
wewon5times
wewon5times
Mildly Addicted
Mildly Addicted

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Nov 11, 2009 7:30 pm

I also think Sainsburys might be doing Arcades around the £100 mark for a limited time

Back to top Go down

Post  wewon5times Wed Nov 11, 2009 8:41 pm

niteowl1980 wrote:I also think Sainsburys might be doing Arcades around the £100 mark for a limited time
Thanks niteowl ill keep my eyes peeled for a good deal. Im hoping mine will work sometimes as it didnt read a disk for about 15 mins and about 25 times on and off before it played it for me. Seems to be on its last legs Sad
wewon5times
wewon5times
Mildly Addicted
Mildly Addicted

Back to top Go down

Post  moomin Wed Nov 11, 2009 8:59 pm

Got a better idea, why not tell the mrs that your buying her an elite for her birthday lol!

moomin
unaddicted
unaddicted

Back to top Go down

Post  Kev Lar 1 Thu Nov 12, 2009 12:24 am

What do you guys think of the story line in MW2. After seeing the ending ndo you think there could be a sequel to carry on. By the way it's an awsome game and has really raised the bar for first person shooters in my opinion. Don't think anything will beat it.
Kev Lar 1
Kev Lar 1
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : Kev Lar 1
Number of posts : 3259
Registration date : 2009-01-26
TGD Reputation : 70
TGD Elite Member Points : 9462

Back to top Go down

Post  iFINGER Thu Nov 12, 2009 2:49 am

I've not even completed the game on regular! Veteran what are you guys machines?!

I'm loving the game its like the best sex you've ever had with a woman and put it in game form, no wait it's like you took that game ground it up and snorted it while banging her hotter twin sister...in front of her!!! Lol
iFINGER
iFINGER
unaddicted
unaddicted

Back to top Go down

Post  Angel Thu Nov 12, 2009 2:57 am

actualy cod mw2 veteran is way easier then w@w and yea its a realy good game.. am almost finished with single player.. Razz
Angel
Angel
Mildly Addicted
Mildly Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : Im EliTE Angel
Number of posts : 606
Registration date : 2009-04-17
TGD Reputation : 34
TGD Elite Member Points : 6274

Back to top Go down

Post  Armed Kross Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:18 am

I am loving this so far!!
Really enjoying the single player. Was surprised by the airport level....
I love all the chatter of the people around you and on the comms. Really helps makes the levels feel alive.
I will have to finish it on Vet although I'm sorry to say I didn't do it on COD4. I just couldnt get past the assassin level after you blow the guys arm off.
I won't be going on multiplayer until after I have finished the single player.

Oh if anyone wants to have a go on Spec Ops at some point then let me know and we can try and arrange a time.
Armed Kross
Armed Kross
unaddicted
unaddicted

XBOX Gamertag : Armed Kross
Number of posts : 89
Registration date : 2009-10-29
TGD Reputation : 0
TGD Elite Member Points : 5411

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:41 am

Well my copy of MW2 turned up yesterday and OMFG what an awesome game - played some of the campaign, some of the Sp Ops and had 1 game on a Free-for-all (got my arse kicked) LOL

It is everything I think people were expecting from COD WaW and wasnt.

Like a few others going to finish the mainly finish the campaign b4 I start Pwning everyone online .................... LOL (I can but only dream) - Anyways in short WHAT A CHUFFING CRACKING GAME!!

Back in the Saddle baby!

xx Icey xx

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next