The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer
The Games Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

*Official Modern Warfare 2 Thread*

+36
Ivor Coff
sophosuni
Mister Blade
Artois
GrahamOfTheDead
Wild Osprey
kenyanscott
Virus25061984
Armed Kross
Angel
devils phoenix
iFINGER
K05ch3i
monders
wewon5times
Shammy
Lance the pimp
BBK
garymason72
moomin
KENT HAMMER
gamblor74
palindromic BOB
Dangerous Dave
Kev Lar 1
PJ RISING
minkey_monkey
Bluffin Aces
ArcadeThrowback
harry haddack
XkurosakiX
Tricky34
Thommo
Ba5sett
Leigh36295
Mavriick
40 posters

Page 5 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

*Official Modern Warfare 2 Thread* - Page 5 Empty *Official Modern Warfare 2 Thread*

Post  Mavriick Tue Nov 03, 2009 3:59 pm

First topic message reminder :

Where`s the best place to pre-order mw2 from that will guarantee day of launch or even before.i`ve got to order two copies of the game. Very Happy
Mavriick
Mavriick
Mildly Addicted
Mildly Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : Mavriick55
Number of posts : 554
Registration date : 2009-03-27
TGD Reputation : 15
TGD Elite Member Points : 6163

Back to top Go down

*Official Modern Warfare 2 Thread* - Page 5 Empty Re: *Official Modern Warfare 2 Thread*

Post  XkurosakiX Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:23 am

iFINGER wrote:I'm still loving this game - Though I must really suck balls at it because I'm going through the campaign on Hardened and getting my arse handed back to me, and I still can't do the training level in spec ops in under 35 sec! What am I doing wrong. Though I am holding my own on multiplayer, which is a big surprise.

I managed to do the training in 29 seconds. The trick is to equip pistols. You can swap them out quicker and just make sure you get your accuracy spot on (my accuracy was 109% which i'm guessing is because i shot two targets at once) because you can get time bonuses for that. Other than that just keep running it till you get it...

XkurosakiX
unaddicted
unaddicted

Number of posts : 210
Registration date : 2009-10-24

Back to top Go down

*Official Modern Warfare 2 Thread* - Page 5 Empty Re: *Official Modern Warfare 2 Thread*

Post  Tricky34 Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:45 am

My best time on the pit is 28.7

Had an accuracy of 120%

Stick with pistols., I used the USP 1st then the M9 (if its not there when you start the 1st run, it will be there when you run it again).

Swap guns on the way up the stairs before knifing the target at the top.

You can get 2 hits with one shot in a few places,
sometimes on the 3rd set of targets before entering the building,
the 2 on the right before going up the stairs,
It is possible to get all 4 on the rooftop in 2 shots (depending where they start)
when you jump down be aiming towards the left and hit both (watch out for the civilian),
and the last 2 before running to finish.
Tricky34
Tricky34
Games Den Moderator
Games Den Moderator

XBOX Gamertag : Tricky34
Number of posts : 7255
Registration date : 2009-05-31
TGD Reputation : 152
TGD Elite Member Points : 13293

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:56 am

so 52.5 seconds is not very good then Smile

Have just started this game and unlike the previous COD titles I have decided to play through first up on Veteran. I am really only very mediocre at FPS style games so I think this might take me quite a while.

Its certainly well scripted and action packed but it still suffers from an issue that for me has plagued COD titles since day 1. There are some points that are hard to pass (well hard for players like me anyway). Why then does it insist on repeating whatever soundbyte is associated with the start of the checkpoint. Once or twice yes, but some checkpoints take me lots and lots of attempts to get past on Veteran and to hear the same sentence over and over and over again spoils it for me. Its already infuriating enough being stuck at the same bit. I have never understood why they did not just either have it recognise you are on your millionth attempt and dont really need to know the information for the millionth time, or make the soundbytes appear just before a checkpoint. 2 simple solutions which would improve all COD titles.

But its certainly the most polished of the series so far although I can see why there is a bit of outcry about the carnage at the airport!

Not really noticed the supposed no respawning especially on the level the I left it at last night. If there is no respawning in that Fervelos (sic) shanty town then I am a monkeys uncle.

Its a great game though and restores my faith in blockbuster titles after the dross of Borza 3.

Going to plan B in the snowy airport hangar was an inspired portion of gameplay.

Cant wait to be back at it later tonight.

Back to top Go down

Post  Artois Tue Nov 17, 2009 2:09 pm

actually loving this game at the moment, even mp im doing quite well which is a surpise seiing that i normally suck at console fps, must admit and not trying to sound to big headed here, it was quite easy on veteran compared to the previous cods, but saying that the story was gripping and defianlty sucks you in with its cinematic action.

P.S i actually got lost in the pit first time i did it:)
Artois
Artois
Mildly Addicted
Mildly Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : SmoknArtois
Number of posts : 583
Registration date : 2009-01-15
TGD Reputation : 40
TGD Elite Member Points : 6208

Back to top Go down

Post  Kev Lar 1 Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:03 pm

Definately agree with you on the story line, I was hooked from the first mission. Plus the twists in the storyline were gripping, this game has even taken me away from Forza which I must get back too.
Kev Lar 1
Kev Lar 1
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : Kev Lar 1
Number of posts : 3259
Registration date : 2009-01-26
TGD Reputation : 70
TGD Elite Member Points : 9462

Back to top Go down

Post  GrahamOfTheDead Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:05 pm

Everton wrote:Its certainly well scripted and action packed but it still suffers from an issue that for me has plagued COD titles since day 1. There are some points that are hard to pass (well hard for players like me anyway). Why then does it insist on repeating whatever soundbyte is associated with the start of the checkpoint. Once or twice yes, but some checkpoints take me lots and lots of attempts to get past on Veteran and to hear the same sentence over and over and over again spoils it for me. Its already infuriating enough being stuck at the same bit. I have never understood why they did not just either have it recognise you are on your millionth attempt and dont really need to know the information for the millionth time, or make the soundbytes appear just before a checkpoint. 2 simple solutions which would improve all COD titles.

This would make my life complete.
GrahamOfTheDead
GrahamOfTheDead
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : GrahamOfTheDead
Number of posts : 4572
Registration date : 2009-10-30
TGD Reputation : 109
TGD Elite Member Points : 11086

Back to top Go down

Post  Armed Kross Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:20 am

So I finished the game on Hardcore last week and decided to try to finish on Veteran and I got my arse handed to me on a plate. This game appears to suffer from the same affliction as previous COD games where the enemy doesnt bother shooting my AI team mates much and blows my head off when I so much as look out a window. I'll persevere but it's going to drive me insane a couple of time I think.
Armed Kross
Armed Kross
unaddicted
unaddicted

XBOX Gamertag : Armed Kross
Number of posts : 89
Registration date : 2009-10-29
TGD Reputation : 0
TGD Elite Member Points : 5411

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:44 am

Feel your pain matey, but as with all COD titles persistence and patience are the bywords.

I reckon I must be about half way thru now having started initially on Veteran. There are a few points that you will see over and over, but unlike previous titles in the series at least when you clear an area there is a chance it will actually remain clear. I suck the big wongo at FPS but by trying different routes of attack or by dodging back I seem to be dragging myself through.

If there is a particular bit thats blocking your progress on Vet then let us know as I am sure the uber players will have a tip or two, and if I have passed that point then I will be able to tell you how a complete duffer got to the next checkpoint from where you are.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:56 am

1st attempt u think right il wipe them all out using my uber shooting skills = fail
2nd attempt u think use my team as cover and try to sneak around them = fail
3rd and final one u just run like forrest gump Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:39 pm

I am getting morden warfare 2 For Xmas cant wait Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  PJ RISING Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:23 pm

Good glad you joined us matey. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
PJ RISING
PJ RISING
unaddicted
unaddicted

XBOX Gamertag : PJ RISING
Number of posts : 406
Registration date : 2009-05-08
TGD Reputation : 7
TGD Elite Member Points : 5949

Back to top Go down

Post  monders Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:26 pm

I got it today, but probably won't be able to play til SUNDAY. ARRRGH.
monders
monders
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

Number of posts : 1460
Registration date : 2009-03-30
TGD Reputation : 46
TGD Elite Member Points : 7128

http://www.flickr.com/photos/thatnicelee/

Back to top Go down

Post  sophosuni Thu Nov 19, 2009 4:38 pm

Just recieved it. Have to say that so far it isnt blowing me away as much as the first one. The missions seem very short and the story doesnt seem to hang together so well. Its still pretty good though and I haven't even touched multiplayer yet.
sophosuni
sophosuni
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : sophosuni
Number of posts : 1071
Registration date : 2009-09-20
TGD Elite Member Points : 6589

Back to top Go down

*Official Modern Warfare 2 Thread* - Page 5 Empty Modern warfare makes me cry

Post  sophosuni Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:06 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

jocolor
sophosuni
sophosuni
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : sophosuni
Number of posts : 1071
Registration date : 2009-09-20
TGD Elite Member Points : 6589

Back to top Go down

Post  palindromic BOB Fri Nov 20, 2009 8:06 am

Just wait for the headlines coming soon.

EMO kid wipes out school after playing COD MW2.
palindromic BOB
palindromic BOB
Mildly Addicted
Mildly Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : Palindromic Bob
Number of posts : 996
Registration date : 2009-01-27
TGD Reputation : 63
TGD Elite Member Points : 6782

Back to top Go down

Post  K05ch3i Fri Nov 20, 2009 8:56 am

PS3 owners eh...
K05ch3i
K05ch3i
unaddicted
unaddicted

XBOX Gamertag : K05ch3i
Number of posts : 116
Registration date : 2009-06-03
TGD Reputation : 1
TGD Elite Member Points : 5588

Back to top Go down

Post  Armed Kross Fri Nov 20, 2009 9:35 am

Everton wrote:Feel your pain matey, but as with all COD titles persistence and patience are the bywords.

I reckon I must be about half way thru now having started initially on Veteran. There are a few points that you will see over and over, but unlike previous titles in the series at least when you clear an area there is a chance it will actually remain clear. I suck the big wongo at FPS but by trying different routes of attack or by dodging back I seem to be dragging myself through.

If there is a particular bit thats blocking your progress on Vet then let us know as I am sure the uber players will have a tip or two, and if I have passed that point then I will be able to tell you how a complete duffer got to the next checkpoint from where you are.

Cheers I'll be trying to get through it again this weekend so I will have to let you know how it goes.
Armed Kross
Armed Kross
unaddicted
unaddicted

XBOX Gamertag : Armed Kross
Number of posts : 89
Registration date : 2009-10-29
TGD Reputation : 0
TGD Elite Member Points : 5411

Back to top Go down

Post  monders Fri Nov 20, 2009 9:50 am

Wow, what a great case for post-natal abortion.

K05ch3i wrote:PS3 owners eh...

Laughing Laughing Laughing
monders
monders
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

Back to top Go down

Post  GrahamOfTheDead Fri Nov 20, 2009 10:21 am

Jesus......why would you even film that? What an idiot.
GrahamOfTheDead
GrahamOfTheDead
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : GrahamOfTheDead
Number of posts : 4572
Registration date : 2009-10-30
TGD Reputation : 109
TGD Elite Member Points : 11086

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Nov 20, 2009 10:48 am

its fake as at the end u hear em laughing also check out his other vids as was youtube originally.
but why the beep would u punch a fricking wall also im disgusted he had a villa sticker on his shelf probs a closet birmingham fan the bar steward

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:20 pm

monders wrote:Wow, what a great case for post-natal abortion.

lol!

monders for PM!

Back to top Go down

Post  monders Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:58 pm

Ha! Cheers mate!

Worringly, I'm getting more political as I get older... watch this space What a Face
monders
monders
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

Back to top Go down

Post  Tricky34 Fri Nov 20, 2009 4:29 pm

So far i've finished the campaign on Regular, and i'm now working through it on Veteran.

Got stuck for a bit on the Favella level, but got past it this afternoon, actually found the chase across the rooftops to the helicopter easier on veteran.

Still need to actually get my feet wet online! might do that sunday night!
Tricky34
Tricky34
Games Den Moderator
Games Den Moderator

XBOX Gamertag : Tricky34
Number of posts : 7255
Registration date : 2009-05-31
TGD Reputation : 152
TGD Elite Member Points : 13293

Back to top Go down

Post  palindromic BOB Fri Nov 20, 2009 7:14 pm

There is a reason why the age for COD is 18 Very Happy
palindromic BOB
palindromic BOB
Mildly Addicted
Mildly Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : Palindromic Bob
Number of posts : 996
Registration date : 2009-01-27
TGD Reputation : 63
TGD Elite Member Points : 6782

Back to top Go down

Post  Kev Lar 1 Fri Nov 20, 2009 9:04 pm

What a stupid idiot, it's only a game. GET A LIFE. There's got to be something wrong with you if your crying over a video game.
You can only laugh at him can't you.
Kev Lar 1
Kev Lar 1
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : Kev Lar 1
Number of posts : 3259
Registration date : 2009-01-26
TGD Reputation : 70
TGD Elite Member Points : 9462

Back to top Go down

*Official Modern Warfare 2 Thread* - Page 5 Empty Loads of lag on mw2

Post  wewon5times Sat Nov 21, 2009 10:29 am

Is it just the last couple of days or is mw2 always laggy??
I have only just started playing online at a friends and the lag is awful on it, the internet is running at 8.9meg so i know it aint that and im a little dissapointed as i can hardly play a game properly is it the same all the time??
wewon5times
wewon5times
Mildly Addicted
Mildly Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : wewon5times
Number of posts : 533
Registration date : 2009-10-23
TGD Reputation : 13
TGD Elite Member Points : 5950

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next