The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer
The Games Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

*Official Modern Warfare 2 Thread*

+36
Ivor Coff
sophosuni
Mister Blade
Artois
GrahamOfTheDead
Wild Osprey
kenyanscott
Virus25061984
Armed Kross
Angel
devils phoenix
iFINGER
K05ch3i
monders
wewon5times
Shammy
Lance the pimp
BBK
garymason72
moomin
KENT HAMMER
gamblor74
palindromic BOB
Dangerous Dave
Kev Lar 1
PJ RISING
minkey_monkey
Bluffin Aces
ArcadeThrowback
harry haddack
XkurosakiX
Tricky34
Thommo
Ba5sett
Leigh36295
Mavriick
40 posters

Page 9 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

*Official Modern Warfare 2 Thread* - Page 9 Empty *Official Modern Warfare 2 Thread*

Post  Mavriick Tue Nov 03, 2009 3:59 pm

First topic message reminder :

Where`s the best place to pre-order mw2 from that will guarantee day of launch or even before.i`ve got to order two copies of the game. Very Happy
Mavriick
Mavriick
Mildly Addicted
Mildly Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : Mavriick55
Number of posts : 554
Registration date : 2009-03-27
TGD Reputation : 15
TGD Elite Member Points : 6163

Back to top Go down

*Official Modern Warfare 2 Thread* - Page 9 Empty Re: *Official Modern Warfare 2 Thread*

Post  Guest Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:38 pm

chrism1066 wrote:about time too!! the games were getting silly with everyone using the glitch!!

last nights matches were much more even, but on one I think I had a bunch of guys trying to work out another one, there were some very strange this going on during the matches

Yeah as far as I know they have cracked the glitch on the Pissy3 already and know how to do it again.

Back to top Go down

*Official Modern Warfare 2 Thread* - Page 9 Empty Re: *Official Modern Warfare 2 Thread*

Post  djilladel Sat Feb 13, 2010 6:22 pm

luscious loopy wrote:
chrism1066 wrote:about time too!! the games were getting silly with everyone using the glitch!!

last nights matches were much more even, but on one I think I had a bunch of guys trying to work out another one, there were some very strange this going on during the matches

Yeah as far as I know they have cracked the glitch on the Pissy3 already and know how to do it again.
Great so eventually it will make its way over here im sure.
djilladel
djilladel
unaddicted
unaddicted

XBOX Gamertag : dj illadel
Number of posts : 412
Registration date : 2010-01-02
TGD Reputation : 26
TGD Elite Member Points : 5756

Back to top Go down

Post  djilladel Sat Feb 13, 2010 6:50 pm

Official patch details
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
The latest glitch to plague Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 multiplayer matches has apparently been addressed. A post to the Infinity Ward forums earlier today by Robert Bowling, creative strategist for the game, indicated that the "Infinite Care Package" exploit has been fixed by a title update that players will apparently receive the next time they start up the game.

Bowling's post also indicated other issues that the title update will address. Here's the full list:
• Care Package, Emergency Airdrop, and Sentry Gun marker grenades sprint speed normalized.
• Fix for "infinite care package" exploit.
• Sentry Guns: Improved placement detection, preventing cases of Sentry Guns inside.
• Model 1887: Bling using Akimbo and FMJ combination now has same range and damage as non-Bling Model 1887s.
• Fixes to prevent various XP hacks (including the prevention of negative XP).
Once again, thousands of MW2 will rejoice and return to somewhat normal matchplay—as they did after the "Javelin" glitch was patched in December—though you know the exploiters won't rest until they find a new weakness to give them an advantage. Apparently, some gamers are too insecure to just play a game with their actual skill levels and have to muck it up for everyone else.
djilladel
djilladel
unaddicted
unaddicted

XBOX Gamertag : dj illadel
Number of posts : 412
Registration date : 2010-01-02
TGD Reputation : 26
TGD Elite Member Points : 5756

Back to top Go down

Post  Kev Lar 1 Sat Mar 06, 2010 5:41 pm

Does anyone know when the map pack is released for this.
Kev Lar 1
Kev Lar 1
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : Kev Lar 1
Number of posts : 3259
Registration date : 2009-01-26
TGD Reputation : 70
TGD Elite Member Points : 9462

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Mar 07, 2010 10:10 am

coming out in the Spring, here is a sneak preview of the maps

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

also a new game mode - Thermonuclear

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Mar 07, 2010 10:31 am

yeah i went to that site it's run by the guys who have obviously glitched to be top of the leaderboards therefore i hate them and hope they burn in hell Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  PJ RISING Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:27 pm

I thought xbox was going to delete anyone who had cheated to get to 10th prestidge, they were going to swipe all there stats so they would have to start again from 1. well thats what i heard.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
PJ RISING
PJ RISING
unaddicted
unaddicted

XBOX Gamertag : PJ RISING
Number of posts : 406
Registration date : 2009-05-08
TGD Reputation : 7
TGD Elite Member Points : 5949

Back to top Go down

Post  CMLiedtke Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:00 pm

PJ RISING wrote:I thought xbox was going to delete anyone who had cheated to get to 10th prestidge, they were going to swipe all there stats so they would have to start again from 1. well thats what i heard.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

we can only hope... either way they make it pretty obvious that they modded it to get there, a better idea would be to keep them at lvl 70 10th prestige with starter classes and a special little thing on the emblem showing they cheated for it Smile
CMLiedtke
CMLiedtke
unaddicted
unaddicted

XBOX Gamertag : CMLiedtke
Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2010-03-14
TGD Reputation : -1
TGD Elite Member Points : 5216

Back to top Go down

Post  Mister Blade Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:46 pm

Recently, Infinite Ward revealed that the first official Map Pack for Modern Warfare 2's called the Stimulus Package will be made available for Xbox Live Marketplace on March 30. Now the details for the Stimulus Package have surfaced on the online service; revealing information about the new maps contained in the DLC. However, no official price has been revealed as of yet.

The Map Pack will include five new maps to download for Online Multiplayer mode; three are originally designed maps and two are based on Call Of Duty 4: Modern Warfare maps.

Here are the map details:

"Bailout" - a multi-level apartment complex

"Storm" - an open industrial park littered with heavy machinery

"Salvage" - a snowy junkyard fortified by stacked debris and crushed cars.

"Crash" - (CoD4)

"Overgrown" - (CoD4)

Priced at 1200 mp
Mister Blade
Mister Blade
Mildly Addicted
Mildly Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : Mister Blade
Number of posts : 660
Registration date : 2009-04-15
TGD Reputation : 30
TGD Elite Member Points : 6225

Back to top Go down

Post  PJ RISING Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:00 am

Yeah i know about this !! a friend told me its 1200msp form them. do they want to kill mw2 off or what, i do think 1200ms is a bit of a price to pay for only 2 new maps. But as i am hocked on this again i will be getting the map pack. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
PJ RISING
PJ RISING
unaddicted
unaddicted

Back to top Go down

Post  Mister Blade Sun Mar 21, 2010 8:46 am

Mark the calendars now! April 2nd - 5th marks the first Double XP weekend on #MW2 for #xboxlive worldwide. New Maps + Double XP = No sleep.

So it stated on twitter.
Mister Blade
Mister Blade
Mildly Addicted
Mildly Addicted

Back to top Go down

Post  Kev Lar 1 Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:35 am

Still not sure if I'm going to pay the 1200 MS points for the maps. Proberly end up doing anyway.
Kev Lar 1
Kev Lar 1
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

Back to top Go down

Post  Mister Blade Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:29 am

If you’re an Xbox Live player on Modern Warfare 2, there are some big updates hitting tomorrow (March 30th) in the early morning. Included in those are:

The Stimulus Package (Downloadable Content)

The first dlc for Modern Warfare 2 multiplayer hits exclusively first on Xbox Live. It’ll be coming to other platforms at a later date as well, but tomorrow morning you’ll be able to download the 5 new maps including Bailout (seen above), Salvage, Storm, and my favorite classic maps Crash and Overgrown.

Double XP

Originally planned to do it this weekend, but we’ve decided to throw the Double XP switch early when the new maps hit. So jump online with the new DLC and check out the two new DLC specific playlists.

Stimulus and Hardcore Stimulus Playlists

These two playlists are 100% dedicated to the new maps, and are Double XP enabled. So jump on and experienced the new DLC you downloaded, get double XP, and experience all your favorite gametypes along with some hardcore variants of them.

Ranger maps added to HCHQ

We’re adding a few maps to the Hardcore Headquarters Pro playlist on Xbox Live, allowing you now play all the Ranger maps in this gametype, something I know a lot of users have been asking for! These maps include Highrise, Invasion, Skidrow, and Terminal.

Title Update

Along side the DLC, but something ALL of our users will get, is a title update for Modern Warfare 2. Included in this update is support for the DLC (if you choose to purchase it), as well as some tweaks to the One Man Army perk, some matchmaking updates that will help our international users find more locally hosted games thanks to how ping is now sorted, and various other code updates that will help improve the overall quality of multiplayer on Modern Warfare 2.
Mister Blade
Mister Blade
Mildly Addicted
Mildly Addicted

Back to top Go down

Post  Ba5sett Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:11 am

Double XP is tempting, I'm really enjoying BFBC2 at the minute though decisions, decisions [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Ba5sett
Ba5sett
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : Ba5sett
Number of posts : 3288
Registration date : 2009-09-18
TGD Reputation : 58
TGD Elite Member Points : 9068

Back to top Go down

Post  Kalumny Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:08 pm

Plus it has to be there to download anyway. Anyone else unable to see our previously promised dlc?
Kalumny
Kalumny
unaddicted
unaddicted

XBOX Gamertag : Kalumny
Number of posts : 79
Registration date : 2010-02-09
TGD Reputation : 5
TGD Elite Member Points : 5283

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:02 pm

Is it just me or does anyone else find it funny that the overpriced new maps are broken lol - they are working on a patch like crazy monkeys lol Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post  PJ RISING Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:09 pm

Oh the stupid B***** i'll wait then til its running proper.
PJ RISING
PJ RISING
unaddicted
unaddicted

Back to top Go down

Post  Kev Lar 1 Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:53 pm

I downloaded the map pack was ready to play when it said I had to do an update which took forever because there was some sort of problem. After about an hour of trying it worked so was about to start a game and a message appeared saying something was wrong with their servers. I really hope they sort this out because I'm not happy about spendimg 1200 points for something I can't even play.
Kev Lar 1
Kev Lar 1
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:45 pm

just go into my 1st ame even though downloaded maps 5 hours ago and what do i get..... a crap gametype where people just camp with thermal sniper oh why do i do it to myself Crying or Very sad

Back to top Go down

Post  palindromic BOB Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:04 am

hmmm. 1200points of disappointment?

I was hoping that this would be full of "Best maps ever" but going by the example set by COD 4 DLC where I only liked 1 map I'm not surprised. Still the BC2 maps aren't exactly worth shouting about either.
palindromic BOB
palindromic BOB
Mildly Addicted
Mildly Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : Palindromic Bob
Number of posts : 996
Registration date : 2009-01-27
TGD Reputation : 63
TGD Elite Member Points : 6782

Back to top Go down

Post  Thommo Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:35 am

I must admit it was quite funny looking at the gaming forums yesterday. People were completely spazzing out, threatening to burn their xboxs, and MW2 discs, coz they couldn't get a game, or download the pack. If there are hundreds of thousands of people trying to download the same thing, at the same time, surely there's going to be a few issues.

Other than the price, another thing stopping me from getting the map pack is the playlist. Apparently you can't choose which mode to play on the new maps, so you could end up in S&D, capture the flag, anything. F*ck that, if I payed 1200 points for this, the very least I'd expect is to be able to choose which mode to play.
Thommo
Thommo
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

Number of posts : 1090
Registration date : 2009-07-20
TGD Reputation : 32
TGD Elite Member Points : 6701

Back to top Go down

Post  PJ RISING Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:23 am

Hay Thommo, i agree with you on the fact you can't pick which game mode you want to play. I played the game last night and i must say its ok, but i thou it would be better than what we got tbh. the 3 new maps are quite good, but i was lost onit alot thou. S&D, i injoyed that, demolition was hell and i died alot, these guys i was up against were noob noob noob. lol but the others were ok. Shocked
PJ RISING
PJ RISING
unaddicted
unaddicted

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:18 am

Microsoft have release a statement about all the confusion yesterday here:Today’s Xbox LIVE issues – Modern Warfare 2, Matchmaking, and Billing.

Through a process failure on our part, the Modern Warfare 2 Stimulus Package was released this morning before the Title Update (TU) for MW2 was available.

Unfortunately, the Stimulus Package doesn’t function correctly without the TU. Once they had been released out of order, it wasn’t a simple thing for us to resolve. For a couple of hours the result was unpredictable but most people couldn’t get into a game through matchmaking. In technical terms, it was a big hairball that we had to unwind.

The TU and Matchmaking issues were resolved shortly after 11AM Pacific. Unfortunately, we’re still working through some billing issues. These are primarily around the redeeming of POSA cards – POSA stands for “Point of Sale Activation”. These are the cards that you buy at a retail store that they then activate for you at the checkout register. Some cards that were properly activated at the retailer are reporting back to us as not having been activated yet. You haven’t done anything wrong, you won’t lose your money, and you don’t need to go back to the store – just hang in there and try again in a few hours. The Stimulus Package has been so popular that our POSA vendors that make those magic point cards work are a little backed up.

Other billing features are seeing intermittent problems as well, but at a far lower rate than POSA redemption. You’re most likely to notice this when trying to redeem a code through Xbox.com, but you may see it on the console as well. The team has been working all of these issues on your behalf nonstop, and will continue to do so until the last of them are resolved.

As always, keep an eye on the Support page on Xbox.com and the XboxSupport Twitter for the most current information.

Back to top Go down

Post  PJ RISING Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:44 pm

Has anyone els got a message from xbox live saying that they will update my account with 7 days gold membership, as i brought the map pack on day 1. and it will be added on the 1st may. Very Happy lol
PJ RISING
PJ RISING
unaddicted
unaddicted

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:59 pm

PJ RISING wrote:Has anyone els got a message from xbox live saying that they will update my account with 7 days gold membership, as i brought the map pack on day 1. and it will be added on the 1st may. Very Happy lol

yup, i did Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:00 pm

Major Nelson announced that anyone who bought the Stimulus pack straight away is getting a weeks free live for the hassle it not working caused Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next