The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer
The Games Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ninty E3 wtf

+6
Ninja Yaro
Liquid Code
Ba5sett
KENT HAMMER
minkey_monkey
Leigh36295
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

ninty E3 wtf Empty ninty E3 wtf

Post  Guest Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:38 pm

anyone else confused by ninty e3 stuff

so its a console that plays games like the 360 and has a controller thats a cross between an ipad and a ds

each time they make something it looks unfeasible but sells millions

imho this time they have absolutely gone mental

This is the oddest set of offerings from E3 in years

Sony flogging everything 3D they can think of and a new psp after just binning the last psp

M$ making hardcore kinect

and ninty deciding the best way forward is to build a hybrid of every available tech and then just rereleasing their entire catalog again (for the 564675467654675534th billionty time) this occasion for 3ds

mad as a march the lot of them

Back to top Go down

ninty E3 wtf Empty Re: ninty E3 wtf

Post  Leigh36295 Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:47 pm

Lol, it does look rather confusing. All they seemed to show was the controller. No spec info or anything for the console itself, which looks like a curvey wii.

I think the new support with games is a good thing for them. If it all goes well when they release it next year, I think they could finally be a contender with 360 and PS3. Everyone was complaining the wii was for kids, but now with games like darksiders, assassins creed and battlefield, some peoples opinions might finally change.

I'm not hyped for it at all atm, and I don't want one, but I think thats from lack of actually showing any info on the actual console, and not showing much of the games.

Zelda looked good, but they've released trailers in that style for every zelda game, and it's turned out looking nothing like it, and took about 3 years to be released.
Leigh36295
Leigh36295
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : Leigh36295
Number of posts : 3988
Registration date : 2009-10-23
TGD Reputation : 198
TGD Elite Member Points : 10118

Back to top Go down

Post  minkey_monkey Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:32 pm

I like the idea that when some one wants the tv it doesn't have to disrupt your gaming due to the controller... but at the same time the controler looks to big and I bet once you use it as a screen for game play as well the battery's won't last long. I mean if the screen is 6.2 inchs... how big is the whole controller? I can't see it being easy to game on for a long period of time.

It would deffo be a try before you buy thing I think.
minkey_monkey
minkey_monkey
Games Den Moderator
Games Den Moderator

XBOX Gamertag : Minkey M0nkey
Number of posts : 8100
Registration date : 2009-05-12
TGD Reputation : 204
TGD Elite Member Points : 14200

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:57 pm

minkey_monkey wrote:I like the idea that when some one wants the tv it doesn't have to disrupt your gaming due to the controller... but at the same time the controler looks to big and I bet once you use it as a screen for game play as well the battery's won't last long. I mean if the screen is 6.2 inchs... how big is the whole controller? I can't see it being easy to game on for a long period of time.

It would deffo be a try before you buy thing I think.

Apparently it has an AC adapter for power as an option.

Video here

Back to top Go down

Post  KENT HAMMER Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:24 pm

100% must buy for me!

Truly awesome, very excited.

here are the specs taken from e3.nintendo.com

Wii U™
Launches:2012
Size:Approximately 1.8 inches tall, 6.8 inches wide and 10.5 inches long.

New Controller:The new controller incorporates a 6.2-inch, 16:9 touch screen and traditional button controls, including two analog Circle Pads. This combination removes the traditional barriers between games, players and the TV by creating a second window into the video game world. The rechargeable controller includes a Power button, Home button, +Control Pad, A/B/X/Y buttons, L/R buttons and ZL/ZR buttons. It includes a built-in accelerometer and gyroscope, rumble feature, camera, a microphone, stereo speakers, a sensor strip and a stylus.

Other Controls:Up to four Wii Remote™ (or Wii Remote Plus) controllers can be connected at once. The new console supports all Wii™ controllers and input devices, including the Nunchuk™ controller, Classic ControllerTM, Classic Controller ProTM and Wii Balance Board™.Media:A single self-loading media bay will play 12-centimeter proprietary high-density optical discs for the new console, as well as 12-centimeter Wii optical discs.

Video Output:Supports 1080p, 1080i, 720p, 480p and 480i. Compatible cables include HDMI, component, S-video and composite.

Audio Output:Uses AV Multi Out connector. Six-channel PCM linear output through HDMI.

Storage:The console will have internal flash memory, as well as the option to expand its memory using either an SD memory card or an external USB hard disk drive.

CPU:IBM Power®-based multi-core microprocessor.

Other:Four USB 2.0 connector slots are included.

The new console is backward compatible with Wii games and Wii accessories.
KENT HAMMER
KENT HAMMER
Site Owner & Admin
Site Owner & Admin

XBOX Gamertag : KENT HAMMER
Number of posts : 13825
Registration date : 2009-01-05
TGD Reputation : 578
TGD Elite Member Points : 25622

https://www.youtube.com/TheGamesDenTV

Back to top Go down

Post  Ba5sett Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:59 pm

Apparently in terms of graphical horsepower it weighs in as slightly more powerful than the 360 & PS3 which doesn't seem much considering that they are both around 5 years old now but with nintendo's art style it should make for some interesting games, I think the controller looks cool and I like the idea of being able to switch the main game on to it if someone else wants to use the tv. It has potential for some cool gameplay things too, I noticed that they showed a trailer for Aliens: colonial marines and it would be cool having the motion tracker on the controller Very Happy
Ba5sett
Ba5sett
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : Ba5sett
Number of posts : 3288
Registration date : 2009-09-18
TGD Reputation : 58
TGD Elite Member Points : 9067

Back to top Go down

Post  Liquid Code Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:37 pm

It seems to me like they have people from VTech working at Nintendo now.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

You can buy one of these from Argos untill the Wii-U is released btw. Wink
Liquid Code
Liquid Code
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : Liquid Code
Number of posts : 1179
Registration date : 2010-06-30
TGD Reputation : 121
TGD Elite Member Points : 6712

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:05 am

lol

Big shame for me this

I like Ninty, but it seems to me they have seriously lost their way

Its becoming one long constant rehash of the same titles only and now when they had the chance to leap frog an ageing set of consoles they have imho lost the plot completely. I fear the quest for innovation has made their R&D dept well run dry. And after 25 years Zelda and Mario could do with a rest ffs

We have gone from wired to wireless controllers and all the advantages they bring and now you might have to plug in a power cord ffs... in 2012?

The more I see of this years vision of the gaming future the less I like of it

Cloud, handhelds again, mental Ninty, 3D all sound like a backward step away from good proper gaming.

Such a weird E3

Back to top Go down

Post  Ba5sett Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:21 am

I think the power cord is just for charging it? the whole controller is wireless, I like it it will be defined by the games as with any console but I think its a cool idea there are loads of possibilities, like in a squad based shooter you could have a bunch of commands on the touch screen or it could act as an inventory in rpg's or as a little tactics board for changing how you play on the fly in sports games. There is a good hands on with it here that gives a bit more info
Ba5sett
Ba5sett
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

Back to top Go down

Post  Ninja Yaro Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:22 am

lol at that VTech thing.

I have to agree with Everton on this, this years E3 has been really strange. if the future of gaming is kinect and wii u then I might have to find another way to spend my spare time, really not interested in anything I've seen this year.
Ninja Yaro
Ninja Yaro
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : Ninja Yaro
Number of posts : 2009
Registration date : 2010-05-29
TGD Reputation : 49
TGD Elite Member Points : 7210

Back to top Go down

Post  minkey_monkey Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:03 am

Seeing that video it does look interesting but I'm still not sure about the size, and some of it looks over complicated for the sake of it. And I have to ask my self how much use will I get out of it? I rarelyplay my Wii any more so will I play a Wii U more? Still thinking I will need to test it before making a final judgement.
minkey_monkey
minkey_monkey
Games Den Moderator
Games Den Moderator

XBOX Gamertag : Minkey M0nkey
Number of posts : 8100
Registration date : 2009-05-12
TGD Reputation : 204
TGD Elite Member Points : 14200

Back to top Go down

Post  KENT HAMMER Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:55 am

Sounds like me and Basset are alone in thinking this is a GREAT idea.

I honestly think the Wii U and its controller will really sell in HUUUUGGGEEE numbers.

This console will take a bigger share of the hardcore market now.

Don't forget the new console will have all the multi-format games we get on 360 with the exact same if not better graphics BUT with a far better controller.

Just being able to always have the game map or inventory on display while you play is awesome.

Plus you don't have to jog or jump on the spot to play it Laughing

I knew kinect would slowly exclude me from more and more and this E3 proved that.

Yay for gaming that you can sit on your sofa and do only using your hands Wink
KENT HAMMER
KENT HAMMER
Site Owner & Admin
Site Owner & Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  RabidHellBunny Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:25 pm

I love all things Nintendo and hated them for bringing out the wii with the bloody stupid Wiimotes! I have RSI in both my wrists and the strain the remotes put on them meant I couldn't play for long, I have the same thing with hand held consoles and even the touch screen phones. I was hoping they would bring back a conventional controller or do away with it all together but no... lets bring out a massive controller that really doesn't look overly ergonomic. So I will really need to try before I buy with these new controllers.
RabidHellBunny
RabidHellBunny
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : RabidHellBunny
Number of posts : 3375
Registration date : 2009-03-26
TGD Reputation : 141
TGD Elite Member Points : 9141

Back to top Go down

Post  Ba5sett Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:09 pm

I was a bit worried about the size of the control and that it may be a bit bulky and a pain to hold but all the impressions that I have read so far say that it is light and very comfortable to hold
Ba5sett
Ba5sett
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

Back to top Go down

Post  Leigh36295 Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:14 pm

Nintendo make the comfiest controllers imo. The Gamecube has the comfiest controller I've ever held. So I wouldn't be suprised if this was comfy too. Obviously the wiimote doesnt count cos its a remote and not a pad Razz
Leigh36295
Leigh36295
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

Back to top Go down

Post  Colne Crusader Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:23 pm

I'll definitely be wanting one of these! The availability of Ninty's back catalogue on this is a big thing.

This is gonna be a behemoth of a seller. Just when Microsoft have been trying to steal some of Ninty's market, this console is gonna take a slice of every market! And it could be the most powerful console on the market for several years as the PS3 and xbox have still several years of their projected life spans still to run!

Personally, i can't wait to see some classic Ninty IP's in glorious HD.........And if they introduce their own achievement system; And they'd be mad not too, well, i'll be very excited.
Colne Crusader
Colne Crusader
Games Den Moderator
Games Den Moderator

XBOX Gamertag : Colne Crusader
Number of posts : 6893
Registration date : 2010-04-21
TGD Reputation : 158
TGD Elite Member Points : 13374

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:04 pm

lol

you must have seen a different ninty E3 presentation to me there matey Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Colne Crusader Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:47 pm

Everton wrote:lol

you must have seen a different ninty E3 presentation to me there matey Smile

Lol! I've probably got me rose tinted spectacles on, but I can feel it in me water!! Surprised
Colne Crusader
Colne Crusader
Games Den Moderator
Games Den Moderator

XBOX Gamertag : Colne Crusader
Number of posts : 6893
Registration date : 2010-04-21
TGD Reputation : 158
TGD Elite Member Points : 13374

Back to top Go down

Post  KENT HAMMER Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:18 pm

I am certain this will sell in bucketloads.

Colne hit the nail on the head in saying its going to be the most powerful and newest console around.

So PS3 and 360 users plus the existing ninty fans like myself will all buy it.

Exclusive games like Ghost recon online will help open the floodgates to the hardcore.

hasn't everyone wished they could glance down at their inventory or have a quick look at a map without leaving the game action?

Imagine how much fun 4 player offline co-op games will be!

The youth of today are blessed. Wink
KENT HAMMER
KENT HAMMER
Site Owner & Admin
Site Owner & Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:56 pm

I am truly not convinced by the Wii U, it doesnt appeal to me at all. And as Nintendo's share price fell 5% immediately after the announcement, it would seem that the markets aren't convinced it'll be a winner yet.

I think we will have to wait and see what games look like, as apart from the tech demos there are no games for it yet to show and nintendo have had to come clean and say that all the video game footage they showed was from PC/ PS3 and 360 console footage.

Back to top Go down

Post  KENT HAMMER Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:47 am

I hope I have not been misled.

This needs to be at least as powerful as the 360 to keep me tied into the idea.

Having said that, how will we be able to resist Mario Kart HD???

I am not that strong.
KENT HAMMER
KENT HAMMER
Site Owner & Admin
Site Owner & Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Leigh36295 Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:04 pm

One good thing is they are finally getting rid of the terrible 'friends code' system for playing online.

They want the community to be able to play together, so rather than your console itself having an ID, you can make individual profiles. So basically a Nintendo Gamertag.
Leigh36295
Leigh36295
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

Back to top Go down

Post  Tricky34 Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:08 pm

Kent hammer wrote:

how will we be able to resist Mario Kart HD???

The only 2 versions of Mario Kart i like are the original Snes version and the DS version.

I never really got on with the N64 version, Double Dash was awful, and the Wii version is only playable with a proper controller.

I used to be a big Nintendo Fan, and i loved the Wii for about 2 weeks when i bought it. I can't even remember the last time i turned it on.

For me to even consider buying the Wii U, it would have to be something spectacular, i don't want gimmicks i just want to be able to play good games.
Tricky34
Tricky34
Games Den Moderator
Games Den Moderator

XBOX Gamertag : Tricky34
Number of posts : 7255
Registration date : 2009-05-31
TGD Reputation : 152
TGD Elite Member Points : 13292

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:53 pm

Exclusives..? Sorry? More Mario/Wario games, and any other ninty game character they want to milk more from. The rest you'll be able to buy on any other console/system.
Looking down to look in my inventory/map, i used to do that with the dreamcast, and that got boring quickly..
It will sell in bucketloads, because it's new.. it's powerful, because it's new, but will it have stamina to keep up, or will it be a glorified Wii that'll stubmle after the first year..?
I'm a 360 user, but i have no interest in this whatso ever.. i loved the N64, after that i lost touch with Nintendo, because i grew up. Sad, but true.
Offline co-op.. in 2011? No, i want online, and so would anyone else who's paying for a subscription... that's a point... what will the online structure be? Payed for, or free...?

I think you need to calm down Kent and stop getting a boner over this, wait for more details first before drooling over it.

Back to top Go down

Post  Leigh36295 Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:08 pm

Nintendo was free online on the wii, and is on the 3ds, but they do have online stores to buy things, and there own nintendo points system.

Tbh, the only game I'm interested in is the Zelda they showed, because I'm a big Zelda fan. However, The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword will be out on the Wii before that, and as awesome as it looks, even that's not enough to convince me to buy a Wii again. So I highly doubt the Wii U Zelda will make me wanna buy that console either.
Leigh36295
Leigh36295
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content