The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer
The Games Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hell Yeah! Wrath Of The Dead Rabbit Review

+5
KENT HAMMER
Slayer1189
GrahamOfTheDead
minkey_monkey
Ba5sett
9 posters

Go down

Hell Yeah! Wrath Of The Dead Rabbit Review Empty Hell Yeah! Wrath Of The Dead Rabbit Review

Post  Ba5sett Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:35 am

Hell Yeah! Wrath Of The Dead Rabbit Review 24qqr7s

Developed by Arkedo Studios
Published by Sega
Review by Ba5sett

Hell Yeah! Wrath of the Dead Rabbit is a 2D side scrolling platform adventure game from small French developer Arkedo studios and published by Sega.

You play through the game as a rabbit called Ash who also happens to be the crown prince of hell; Ash gets snapped in the bath with a rubber duck by a paparazzi who posts the pictures all over the hellternet (no I am not making this up!). By the time Ash finds out 100 hellizens have viewed the pictures so Ash sets out to kill them all and restore his reputation.

So crazy story out of the way Hell Yeah is basically a 2D side scrolling platform adventure in which you must hunt down and kill the 100 monsters in question. The game proudly wears its influences on its sleeve, Ash’s repertoire of moves come straight from the 16 bit classics, he has Metroid’s shooting and double jump, Sonic’s spin dash and Mario’s wall jump, and the whole hunt and collect (or kill in this case) is reminiscent of pokemon. Being a child of the Megadrive / Snes era I found this to be a hugely fun return to the type of games that I grew up on.

Hell Yeah! Wrath Of The Dead Rabbit Review 91did3

The game is split into a series of gated levels you must hunt and kill all of the monsters in a particular area in order to open the gate and move on to the next, I sometimes wondered if it would have been more satisfying to remove the gates and have the game as a huge open hunt for the 100 monsters but the gating system does keep the game flowing and helps to avoid frustrating situations of having to trek right back across the map to try and find a monster that you may have missed early on.

Finding the monsters in each area is fairly easy but killing them isn’t always straightforward, early on they tend to be exposed and easy to dispatch with either Ash’s machine gun or rockets or with the saw wheel that surrounds him and acts as a handy mini jet pack boost. But later on they get more difficult; a lot of the time they are much bigger than you and require some skilful jumping and shooting to avoid and take successfully or sometimes they require a bit of lateral thinking to defeat such as negotiating a simple maze to drop a crate on them or using a variety of teleporters to work out how to drop a vase on them. Each one is unique and it is a fun challenge working out how to kill each one. Once you reduce the monsters health bar near zero you will be presented with a mini game to finish it off, these vary immensely and although they aren’t unique to each monster there are definitely enough of them that they don’t start to get boring. They range from simple button mashing exercises to things like driving a truck down a road whilst avoiding obstacles, if successfully completed they end in a grisly and usually excessively gory death for the monster in question!

Hell Yeah! Wrath Of The Dead Rabbit Review Dlrcqw

Whilst negotiating the various levels of Hell Yeah’s bizarre cartoony version of hell you collect coins, jewels and various other loot which can be spent in various shops to customise how Ash looks, he is a pretty cool looking character anyway but it’s quite good fun to have him roaming around in an Indiana Jones hat killing people with a giant donut, it’s a throwaway addition but adds a bit of variety to a fairly linear game.
Graphically the game is superb with a great art style and a huge amount of variety between levels so that things don’t get boring and all of the monsters that you are hunting are unique and really well designed, speaking of the monsters you may be wondering how we kill them if they are already dead? Well once we have taken them out they get sent to a place called the island where Ash is able to put them to work for his benefit. For instance you can send them all into a mine to find you some in game currency or have them hunt around the harbour for special prizes, again a throwaway addition but another fun one and its quite satisfying to see your collection of monsters growing as you play through the game.

Hell Yeah! Wrath Of The Dead Rabbit Review 2ilbqc5

Hell Yeah isn’t the longest game in the world but you will probably get a good 8-10 hours out of it and most of the achievements are fairly easy to get, it can occasionally be a little frustrating particularly during the stand up boss fights, although Ash is well armed he isn’t able to stand up to much punishment so if your autosave checkpoint leaves you with 25% health before a big boss fight you could be up for a tough time getting past the boss or a long trek back to one of the health recharge points but overall this is a good game, if you like the art style and have a soft spot for 16 bit platformer’s then you won’t go far wrong with Hell Yeah! Wrath of the Dead Rabbit

Overall
8 / 10

Last edited by Ba5sett on Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ba5sett
Ba5sett
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : Ba5sett
Number of posts : 3288
Registration date : 2009-09-18
TGD Reputation : 58
TGD Elite Member Points : 9062

Back to top Go down

Hell Yeah! Wrath Of The Dead Rabbit Review Empty Re: Hell Yeah! Wrath Of The Dead Rabbit Review

Post  minkey_monkey Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:55 am

Good review fella, looks fun visually. Might have to add this to my list Smile
minkey_monkey
minkey_monkey
Games Den Moderator
Games Den Moderator

XBOX Gamertag : Minkey M0nkey
Number of posts : 8100
Registration date : 2009-05-12
TGD Reputation : 204
TGD Elite Member Points : 14195

Back to top Go down

Hell Yeah! Wrath Of The Dead Rabbit Review Empty Re: Hell Yeah! Wrath Of The Dead Rabbit Review

Post  GrahamOfTheDead Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:06 am

Good stuff mate. Pretty much agree with everything you said there. There's DLC coming out for it at the end of the month which adds some new missions. Looking forward to that.
GrahamOfTheDead
GrahamOfTheDead
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : GrahamOfTheDead
Number of posts : 4572
Registration date : 2009-10-30
TGD Reputation : 109
TGD Elite Member Points : 11080

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:46 pm

Thanks for this. The art style does indeed look great. I may try the demo

Back to top Go down

Post  Slayer1189 Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:11 pm

I am definitely getting this game. Love the metroidvania genre and this looks like a good addition

Slayer1189
unaddicted
unaddicted

XBOX Gamertag : Slayer1189
Number of posts : 295
Registration date : 2012-01-19
TGD Reputation : 0
TGD Elite Member Points : 4894

Back to top Go down

Post  KENT HAMMER Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:24 pm

You got a beautiful chin, you got beautiful skin, you've got a beautiful face, you've got taste.

You've got beautiful eyes, you've got beautiful thighs,
You've got alot without a doubt, but I'm thinking 'bout blowing you out, cos

You won't stop talking, why don't you give it a rest
You got more rabbit than Sainsbury's, it's time you got it off ya chest
Now you was just the type of girl to break my heart in two
I knew right off when I first clapped my eyes on you
But how was I to know you'd bend my earholes too with you're incessant talking
You're becoming a pest

Rabbit, Rabbit, Rabbit, Rabbit

Now you're a wonderful girl, you got a wonderful smell, you got wonderful arms, you got charms
You got wonderful hair, we make a wonderful pair,
Now I don't mind having a chat, but you have to keep giving it that
KENT HAMMER
KENT HAMMER
Site Owner & Admin
Site Owner & Admin

XBOX Gamertag : KENT HAMMER
Number of posts : 13825
Registration date : 2009-01-05
TGD Reputation : 578
TGD Elite Member Points : 25617

https://www.youtube.com/TheGamesDenTV

Back to top Go down

Post  Sh00t3rmcgavin2 Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:34 am

Nice job mate Very Happy
Sh00t3rmcgavin2
Sh00t3rmcgavin2
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : Sh00t3rmcgavin2
Number of posts : 1513
Registration date : 2011-12-21
TGD Reputation : 0
TGD Elite Member Points : 6171

Back to top Go down

Post  Ba5sett Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:49 am

Feeling ok Kent? Razz
Ba5sett
Ba5sett
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

Back to top Go down

Post  Tricky34 Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:44 am

Great review there mate. Looks like a fun game, but i'll probably wait until its in a sale.
Tricky34
Tricky34
Games Den Moderator
Games Den Moderator

XBOX Gamertag : Tricky34
Number of posts : 7255
Registration date : 2009-05-31
TGD Reputation : 152
TGD Elite Member Points : 13287

Back to top Go down

Post  RabidHellBunny Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:17 pm

Nice review, I have too many games and no gaming mojo at the moment so won't be picking this up just yet, need to clear some backlog!
RabidHellBunny
RabidHellBunny
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : RabidHellBunny
Number of posts : 3375
Registration date : 2009-03-26
TGD Reputation : 141
TGD Elite Member Points : 9136

Back to top Go down

Post  TreeMunky Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:23 pm

Great review fella, enjoyed every minute of it. Downloaded the demo going to give that a whirl first.
TreeMunky
TreeMunky
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : TreeMunky
Number of posts : 1773
Registration date : 2012-01-30
TGD Reputation : 28
TGD Elite Member Points : 6686

Back to top Go down

Post  Ba5sett Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:51 pm

Thanks for the comments folks, really enjoyed reviewing this one, fun game
Ba5sett
Ba5sett
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

Back to top Go down

Post  KENT HAMMER Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:11 pm

This is half price, 600 points today only Very Happy
KENT HAMMER
KENT HAMMER
Site Owner & Admin
Site Owner & Admin

XBOX Gamertag : KENT HAMMER
Number of posts : 13825
Registration date : 2009-01-05
TGD Reputation : 578
TGD Elite Member Points : 25617

https://www.youtube.com/TheGamesDenTV

Back to top Go down

Post  Ba5sett Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:44 pm

Bargain!
Ba5sett
Ba5sett
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

Back to top Go down

Post  GrahamOfTheDead Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:00 pm

Well worth picking up at that price.
GrahamOfTheDead
GrahamOfTheDead
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : GrahamOfTheDead
Number of posts : 4572
Registration date : 2009-10-30
TGD Reputation : 109
TGD Elite Member Points : 11080

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:10 am

Picked this up in DOTW last week and really enjoying it. My face hurt from smiling at all the lol moments. Bargain

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down