The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer
The Games Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Walking Dead - 400 Days - Telltale Games - A review by StubbyMite

+5
Waggly Bean
Colne Crusader
GrahamOfTheDead
KENT HAMMER
stubbymite
9 posters

Go down

The Walking Dead - 400 Days - Telltale Games - A review by StubbyMite Empty The Walking Dead - 400 Days - Telltale Games - A review by StubbyMite

Post  stubbymite Thu Jul 04, 2013 4:19 pm

The Walking Dead - 400 Days - Telltale Games - A review by StubbyMite Thewalkingdead400days

The Walking Dead: 400 Days

Developer: Telltale Games
Publisher: Telltale Games
Price: 400MSP

This review is free to read for those that have not played the game as there are no spoilers and or comments that will tell you anything about what happens in the story

In order to play through this game you must already have at least the first instalment in the original series as the game is an “add on” to the original story

Summary

The Walking Dead 400 days is not what some of you may think, firstly this is not the “new episode” in the story but an additional epilogue that we ave been treated to by telltale before the new full instalment arrives. For anyone that has not played the first series of the game there is no need to play through it as there is no direct continuation of story or content, this game is its own stand alone game and story. Telltale have recently announced that this is a link in the story between episode one and two.

Story

The story rather than centre around one or two characters main quest revolves around the happenings and goings on of five separate individuals and there actions in the days during the outbreak. The story is set at different times during the zombie outbreak, from a couple of days in to a couple of hundred days in. Telltale have worked well at giving us some subtle hints as to what we will see in the next episode and have done this well.

The Walking Dead - 400 Days - Telltale Games - A review by StubbyMite Ku-xlarge

In the game there are five main characters these being Vince, Shell, Bonnie, Wyatt and Russell. Without going to much into detail and telling you spoilers these are the main characters that you will play as in each story. In each story you meet different characters along the way, some of which we may see in episode two. Each story leads to a climax and a decision that can be changed on how we decide.

Gameplay

The gameplay is like that of the original point here, click there, walk over there I am sure you get the picture. With it sticking to what we found in the original I am sure for those of us that like the series you will like that Telltale have stuck to what they know best.

The Walking Dead - 400 Days - Telltale Games - A review by StubbyMite Image_305215_16x9_700

There is one thing that I noticed and that is more to do off screen. What I mean by this is that when we move here to do said action it is not directly in front of us this time and a bit of looking around gets us to what we need to find, a little added extra but this makes the game better as we see more of the landscapes and areas that have clearly been developed since the last instalment.

Graphics and Style

The graphics in the game are similar to what we saw in the last instalment. They have been improved from the last game and make a step up in terms of brightness and contrast. In the first game as the story went on we got more dark colours and graphics to go with telltale have gone for one style and stuck to it. The same cartoon style stays and this is a great and different look for the game and what we are again used to seeing so why change what works.

The Walking Dead - 400 Days - Telltale Games - A review by StubbyMite Image_35046_thumb_wide620

Sound

There is no real soundtrack to the game but there is music that is activated when we have particular situations, which is usually when we get our cliff hanger moment. There are some subtle sound affects that I did not notice in the last game and these are noises in the distance, these add a great realism to the situation in which you are playing.

Longevity

Since the last game telltale have worked well here as in the last game yes we had some key points or situations where we could choose multiple answers to get different outcomes and this has been carried through again to great affect. Without giving to much away there are some key decisions to be made by our main characters, ones that will affect the way in which the game is played out. This is worked into the game a lot more this time but with the game being shorter overall than before I wonder if it is more noticeable this time around.

Overall

This game is another great addition to an already fantastic line up in The Walking Dead series for those of you who have already played the last set of games I am sure that you will pick this up anyway. For those of you who have not yet played the series firstly I would ask why not but secondly you need this game in your life. Telltale have produced fantastic stories and have worked well to upscale graphics and those subtle sound affects help the game to grow well.  I say well done telltale and let many more of these stories come out and add to a fantastic series.

Overall this game gets 9 / 10 and a ginger thumbs up.
stubbymite
stubbymite
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : StubbyMite
Number of posts : 4312
Registration date : 2010-05-21
TGD Reputation : 90
TGD Elite Member Points : 10049

Back to top Go down

The Walking Dead - 400 Days - Telltale Games - A review by StubbyMite Empty Re: The Walking Dead - 400 Days - Telltale Games - A review by StubbyMite

Post  KENT HAMMER Thu Jul 04, 2013 5:01 pm

Nice one mate!

Great review of what is now an epic series Very Happy
KENT HAMMER
KENT HAMMER
Site Owner & Admin
Site Owner & Admin

XBOX Gamertag : KENT HAMMER
Number of posts : 13824
Registration date : 2009-01-05
TGD Reputation : 578
TGD Elite Member Points : 25612

https://www.youtube.com/TheGamesDenTV

Back to top Go down

The Walking Dead - 400 Days - Telltale Games - A review by StubbyMite Empty Re: The Walking Dead - 400 Days - Telltale Games - A review by StubbyMite

Post  GrahamOfTheDead Thu Jul 04, 2013 5:06 pm

*fingers in ears*

LALALA! CAN'T HEAR YOU! NOT READING IT TILL TOMORROW! LALALA!
GrahamOfTheDead
GrahamOfTheDead
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : GrahamOfTheDead
Number of posts : 4572
Registration date : 2009-10-30
TGD Reputation : 109
TGD Elite Member Points : 11076

Back to top Go down

Post  Colne Crusader Thu Jul 04, 2013 6:09 pm

Nice one Stubbs!!

You have ginger fingers???! Shocked
Colne Crusader
Colne Crusader
Games Den Moderator
Games Den Moderator

XBOX Gamertag : Colne Crusader
Number of posts : 6893
Registration date : 2010-04-21
TGD Reputation : 158
TGD Elite Member Points : 13365

Back to top Go down

Post  Waggly Bean Thu Jul 04, 2013 7:13 pm

Nice review mate, looking forward to playing this one! Smile
Waggly Bean
Waggly Bean
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : Waggly Bean
Number of posts : 3382
Registration date : 2011-04-21
TGD Reputation : 22
TGD Elite Member Points : 8536

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jul 04, 2013 7:54 pm

GrahamOfTheDead wrote:*fingers in ears*

LALALA! CAN'T HEAR YOU! NOT READING IT TILL TOMORROW! LALALA!

SAME

Back to top Go down

Post  Sh00t3rmcgavin2 Fri Jul 05, 2013 10:49 pm

Gonna get this ASAP!! Love it!
Sh00t3rmcgavin2
Sh00t3rmcgavin2
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : Sh00t3rmcgavin2
Number of posts : 1513
Registration date : 2011-12-21
TGD Reputation : 0
TGD Elite Member Points : 6167

Back to top Go down

Post  Andyhadpie247 Wed Aug 14, 2013 4:29 am

Really enjoyed this, was a good eye opener of what telltale are capable of and what we can be treated to in the future. Gutted how short it was though.
Andyhadpie247
Andyhadpie247
unaddicted
unaddicted

XBOX Gamertag : Andyhadpie247
Number of posts : 380
Registration date : 2012-02-06
TGD Reputation : 0
TGD Elite Member Points : 4930

Back to top Go down

Post  minkey_monkey Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:25 am

I still need to play this! Doh. Will do it soon, downloaded it ages ago now. Must make time for it!
minkey_monkey
minkey_monkey
Games Den Moderator
Games Den Moderator

XBOX Gamertag : Minkey M0nkey
Number of posts : 8099
Registration date : 2009-05-12
TGD Reputation : 204
TGD Elite Member Points : 14190

Back to top Go down

Post  Lighthouseman Wed Aug 14, 2013 3:44 pm

Lol Minkey I'm the same. I keep putting it off because I want to make sure I get no interruptions.Cool
Lighthouseman
Lighthouseman
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : lighthouseman
Number of posts : 3356
Registration date : 2009-06-19
TGD Reputation : 44
TGD Elite Member Points : 9480

http://Howard.miller@symingtons.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down