The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer
The Games Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Enemy Front - Review by StubbyMite

+4
Waggly Bean
Fatboy Geezer
Kev Lar 1
stubbymite
8 posters

Go down

Enemy Front - Review by StubbyMite Empty Enemy Front - Review by StubbyMite

Post  stubbymite Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:33 pm

Enemy Front - Review by StubbyMite Enemy-front-1

Enemy Front XBOX 360

CI Games

Review by StubbyMite

Summary

Enemy front is a tale of a war correspondent turned soldier that is dropped behind enemy lines to engage in different missions ranging from sneaky espionage to all guns blazing to flush out those Nazi’s. The story takes place at various stages of world war two taking us from the desolate trenches in France to Berlin and secret weapon bases.

Story

The story follows the main character in the game called Robert Hawkins, Hawkins is an American war correspondent that ends up getting mixed in with different resistance groups across the front line. Along the way our hero finds help in the form of a Femme fetale Norwegian commando.

The game is played through Roberts flashbacks and some of these flashbacks highlight the Nazi atrocities that were committed across Europe. The game also sees us travel through Norway and Poland, this is new territory in gaming terms as other western game companies have not gone into the detail that this game has dared to tred.

Enemy Front - Review by StubbyMite Enemy-Front-Launch-Screen-2

Gameplay

The campaign in this game is where the creators have clearly worked there magic and is where most of the game revolves around. The game is played in the third person so we follow our character through the game shooting and sneaking as we go.

A lot of the campaign missions are based around sneaking and taking out enemies as quiet as we can, the only drawback to this is the fact the we can be clearly hidden but characters will still see us. I can only think that this is a flaw with the game and that the developers needed to work that bit harder to make the game what they wanted it to be.

The aiming of guns can be slightly hit and miss as well, at one minute you could be aiming at an enemies head and shoot and the bullets will miss and go straight through.

This is one of the major flaws in the game, when the main aim of the game is to be quiet and try to take out enemies with a silenced weapon but with the lacklustre aiming system how is this even possible

Multiplayer

There are three game modes that are available to play in multiplayer. The three modes are:

Deathmatch – this is your normal run of the mill deatmatch style of game. Most kills wins and fighting solo and to the death

Team Deathmatch – This is again standard in most shooters but this is a team based deathmatch with the most kills by any team winning the game.

Radio Transmission – This is the stand out difference to the normal multiplayer modes but is along the lines of a king of the hill style. The aim of this mode is to capture different placed radios and build up your teams radio signal to call in an assault. This is a great new mode an a twist on the usual king of the hill style

The guys at CI games have worked more on the story and campaign in this game and playing through multiplayer it is plain to see. There is only four maps for the game and with only three modes it is a small let down but with me not being a massive multiplayer fan this was okay

Enemy Front - Review by StubbyMite Jzfwye

Graphics and sound

This is one of the main things about the game that I was looking forward to. With the game being developed using the Crytek Engine I naturally thought seeing the crysis games that this was going to be flawless.

I really think that this falls into the category of the trailers and box art make this game look incredible but actually playing the game this is definitely not the story. The game is the calibre of an improved PS2 game at best and struggled to keep me hooked.

The sounds in the game are better than I expected but after playing through the story for a few hours there are only so many times that I can here a german shouting the same three sentences!

Enemy Front - Review by StubbyMite Enemyfrontstorytrailer2

Achievements

A lot of the achievements in the game centre around the campaign. There are a few that could be tricky and a lot are luck based especially with the troubles that I had with aiming and shooting enemies.

There are some of the cheevs in the game that are linked to the multiplayer mode, looking at the reviews that people have given this game and the numbers that it is showing I am guessing that mp for this game will soon be another graveyard that nobody plays on.

You will easily pick up a few hundred points from the game by playing through the campaign but if you want the full 1k you could be in for a torturous affair.

Overall

I remember that this game was going to be released in 2011( yeah as far back as that) and after various takeovers and problems the game got the release in the form that we see today.

I cant help but think that they dropped the ball in a big way. Yeah we have a game that some people may like but something makes me think if they had maybe tested the game more and put more into it, it could be so much better and a great alternative to the COD iterations we see each year.

What we have is a game that is good in parts as far as a story line but is let down by some bad gameplay.

It is a fun game but maybe one to pick up when going cheap. I am going to give the game 5/10, good story but not much else.
stubbymite
stubbymite
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : StubbyMite
Number of posts : 4312
Registration date : 2010-05-21
TGD Reputation : 90
TGD Elite Member Points : 10048

Back to top Go down

Enemy Front - Review by StubbyMite Empty Re: Enemy Front - Review by StubbyMite

Post  Kev Lar 1 Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:46 pm

Sounded like it could of been a good, shame it didn't turn out like that. Might give this one a miss then.
A good review any way mate.
Kev Lar 1
Kev Lar 1
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : Kev Lar 1
Number of posts : 3259
Registration date : 2009-01-26
TGD Reputation : 70
TGD Elite Member Points : 9451

Back to top Go down

Post  Fatboy Geezer Wed Jul 09, 2014 11:17 pm

Nice reveiw mate, didn't even know this one existed, looks like I didn't miss much though
Fatboy Geezer
Fatboy Geezer
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : Fatboy Geezer
Number of posts : 2861
Registration date : 2013-06-19
TGD Reputation : 65
TGD Elite Member Points : 7452

Back to top Go down

Post  Waggly Bean Wed Jul 09, 2014 11:17 pm

Nice review, shame the game misses the mark somewhat.
Waggly Bean
Waggly Bean
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : Waggly Bean
Number of posts : 3382
Registration date : 2011-04-21
TGD Reputation : 22
TGD Elite Member Points : 8535

Back to top Go down

Post  CalculatdRisque Wed Jul 09, 2014 11:58 pm

Nice one, think I will pass on this then!
CalculatdRisque
CalculatdRisque
unaddicted
unaddicted

XBOX Gamertag : CalculatdRisque
Number of posts : 168
Registration date : 2014-05-23
TGD Reputation : 6
TGD Elite Member Points : 3908

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jul 10, 2014 6:08 am

Never heard of this. Is this on 360 then?

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbymite Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:59 am

Markav wrote:Never heard of this. Is this on 360 then?

Yep and ps3 and PC. An under the radar type game to me.
stubbymite
stubbymite
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : StubbyMite
Number of posts : 4312
Registration date : 2010-05-21
TGD Reputation : 90
TGD Elite Member Points : 10048

Back to top Go down

Post  Colne Crusader Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:22 am

Good work Ray.

I'll pass on this if it doesn't register hits properly. That really fucked me off on Kane And Lynch.
Colne Crusader
Colne Crusader
Games Den Moderator
Games Den Moderator

XBOX Gamertag : Colne Crusader
Number of posts : 6893
Registration date : 2010-04-21
TGD Reputation : 158
TGD Elite Member Points : 13364

Back to top Go down

Post  Ba5sett Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:31 am

Thanks for the review mate, sounds like this is one to miss!
Ba5sett
Ba5sett
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : Ba5sett
Number of posts : 3288
Registration date : 2009-09-18
TGD Reputation : 58
TGD Elite Member Points : 9057

Back to top Go down

Post  KENT HAMMER Thu Jul 10, 2014 12:23 pm