The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer
The Games Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

XCOM: Enemy Unknown

Go down

XCOM: Enemy Unknown Empty XCOM: Enemy Unknown

Post  Tenlo Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:26 am

Not to be confused with XCOM, the other game from 2K based in the XCOM universe, Enemy Unknown harks back to the original style of gameplay of the series. Featuring turn based combat and the same R&D approach outside of missions this will certainyl appease fans of the series who were complaining about the other XCOM which was more of an FPS. Right I'm going to stop now before I get confused with all this XCOM stuff but I'll leave you with trailer and press release.

XCOM: Enemy Unknown will place you in control of a secret paramilitary organization called XCOM. As the XCOM commander, you will defend against a terrifying global alien invasion by managing resources, advancing technologies, and overseeing combat strategies and individual unit tactics.

The original X-COM is widely regarded as one of the best games ever made and has now been re-imagined by the strategy experts at Firaxis Games. XCOM: Enemy Unknown will expand on that legacy with an entirely new invasion story, enemies and technologies to fight aliens and defend Earth. You will control the fate of the human race through researching alien technologies, creating and managing a fully operational base, planning combat missions and controlling soldier movement in battle.

Features:

• Strategy Evolved: XCOM: Enemy Unknown couples tactical turn-based gameplay with incredible action sequences and on-the-ground combat.

• Strategic Base: Recruit, customize and grow unique soldiers and manage your personnel. Detect and intercept the alien threat as you build and expand your XCOM headquarters.

• Tactical Combat: Direct soldier squads in turn-based ground battles and deploy air units such as the Interceptor and Skyranger.

• Worldwide Threat: Combat spans the globe as the XCOM team engages in over 70 unique missions, interacting and negotiating with governments around the world.
Tenlo
Tenlo
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : Tenlo
Number of posts : 4825
Registration date : 2011-02-03
TGD Reputation : 187
TGD Elite Member Points : 11936

Back to top Go down

XCOM: Enemy Unknown Empty Re: XCOM: Enemy Unknown

Post  Guest Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:42 am

The original was called xcom: enemy unknown when I was playing this back in the late 90''s on the playstation one. I was playing the original last year on my hacked PSP's emulator thingy. I freeking loved "enemy unknown" and the follow up "terror from the deep" So I will be buying anything with XCOM on the box!
Would be nice to see some gameplay footage though...

Back to top Go down

Post  Tenlo Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:11 am

Ask and thou shall receive. Be aware this footage is about 3 months old so they may have tweaked things since then.

Tenlo
Tenlo
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : Tenlo
Number of posts : 4825
Registration date : 2011-02-03
TGD Reputation : 187
TGD Elite Member Points : 11936

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:30 am

That looks great. Thanks

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:29 pm

I just read this article and now I am super excited for this next Friday! I have never been a big fan of turn based strategy games but with xcom,I have always liked the atmosphere of these games. Hope the reviews are decent.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum