The Games Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tennis in the face - PS4 - Review by StubbyMite

5 posters

Go down

Tennis in the face - PS4 - Review by StubbyMite Empty Tennis in the face - PS4 - Review by StubbyMite

Post  stubbymite Sun Dec 07, 2014 6:58 pm

Tennis in the face - PS4 - Review by StubbyMite Tennis_ouya_boxshot_small

Tennis in the face

A 10tons Game

Review by StubbyMite

Summary

Our fallen hero Pete Pagassi was a world class tennis star whose career hits a downward spiral after his addiction to explodz energy drink takes over. He has made it his goal to take down the company that ruined his career and free the cities explodz crazed citizens from the energy drink coma. Setting his sights on the factory pagassi is making his way across town taking out anyone that gets in his way.

Gameplay

The story sees us following our hero Pete Pagassi on his journey across the town of Oddington. There are a lot of levels split over eight districts set in the town of oddington, and each is unlocked after you complete certain goals in the previous stage. Some of the levels at the start of the game can be easy but others are hard and require some luck of the bounce.

The game plays with us hitting tennis balls and bouncing them off walls, beams, scrap metal and glass to try and take out enemies. 10 tons have worked well in making the game funny along the way and kept me hooked; many times I was left thinking I'll have just one more try. They have made enemies harder to take out as you progress through the game. When taking out police officers they can only be taken out from behind and when you do takedown any officer they explode into donuts!

The balls aren’t the only weapon at your disposal as you also get exploding cans of Explodz which act like grenades, these are used more for a group of enemies or any obstacles that may be within the level.

The whole aim for the game is to finish the level with the highest number of points possible and as the title suggests if they get the tennis ball in the face you get more points!

Tennis in the face - PS4 - Review by StubbyMite 15547325130_be1f9e5c4d_b

Graphics and Sound

The game is set out using a 2d graphical style that works well at what the game is trying to be. I think that the game was first run for tablets but with  up scaled visuals on ps4 this works a lot better. Bright and colourful levels and enemies that change as you take them out are great and work well in the game.

The sound for the game is mostly through explosions caused by xplodz energy drink explosions or the way in which the enemy is taken down. May just be me but I am sure that when you hit the enemies in certain areas (the balls) I am sure I heard them grimacing more

Tennis in the face - PS4 - Review by StubbyMite IMG_2797

Trophies

Some of the trophies in the game can be easy to pick up I already have three and have only played for a couple of hours. There are a couple of trophies that could be toughie’s one being serve a ball that bounces 100 times, I can only get my ball to bounce three or four times before it looses momentum. There is another that requires the player to knock out six opponents with explodz explosions, again this can be hard as there is never a point (that I have found yet) with six enemies stood together.

Overall

This is a great little game that 10tons have developed well and I think is a great pick up for anyone who is a puzzle / angry birds style fan like me. For the price of £3.99 this game is certainly worth picking up. Even though it gets harder along the way it is a game that will keep me hooked until I have all those gold crowns!

I would give this game 7/10 purely for playability. Maybe not everyone’s cup of tea but for a bargain price surely has to be picked up!
stubbymite
stubbymite
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : StubbyMite
Number of posts : 4309
Registration date : 2010-05-21
TGD Reputation : 90
TGD Elite Member Points : 10016

Back to top Go down

Tennis in the face - PS4 - Review by StubbyMite Empty Re: Tennis in the face - PS4 - Review by StubbyMite

Post  Colne Crusader Sun Dec 07, 2014 7:36 pm

Good work Ray. Not my cup of char but seems like a good example of it's type.
Colne Crusader
Colne Crusader
Games Den Moderator
Games Den Moderator

XBOX Gamertag : Colne Crusader
Number of posts : 6886
Registration date : 2010-04-21
TGD Reputation : 158
TGD Elite Member Points : 13324

Back to top Go down

Tennis in the face - PS4 - Review by StubbyMite Empty Re: Tennis in the face - PS4 - Review by StubbyMite

Post  Waggly Bean Sun Dec 07, 2014 8:48 pm

Nice reive, looks like an interesting game. Wink
Waggly Bean
Waggly Bean
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : Waggly Bean
Number of posts : 3373
Registration date : 2011-04-21
TGD Reputation : 22
TGD Elite Member Points : 8497

Back to top Go down

Post  dazzamann Tue Dec 09, 2014 8:39 am

Nice review mate, looks quite fun
dazzamann
dazzamann
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : dazzamann
Number of posts : 1489
Registration date : 2009-02-22
TGD Reputation : 13
TGD Elite Member Points : 7124

Back to top Go down

Post  KENT HAMMER Tue Dec 09, 2014 11:28 am

Good work mate
KENT HAMMER
KENT HAMMER
Site Owner & Admin
Site Owner & Admin

XBOX Gamertag : KENT HAMMER
Number of posts : 13806
Registration date : 2009-01-05
TGD Reputation : 578
TGD Elite Member Points : 25557

http://www.TheGamesDen.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down