The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer
The Games Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mini Review: Fallout: New Vegas - Dead Money dlc

Go down

Mini Review: Fallout: New Vegas - Dead Money dlc Empty Mini Review: Fallout: New Vegas - Dead Money dlc

Post  Ninja Yaro Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:17 pm

Fallout: New Vegas - Dead Money

Action RPG

Graphics are pretty good, the game does have it's share of graphical issues but if you've played Fallout NV or Fallout 3 you know what to expect. My main problem with this particular dlc is that most of the maps are fairly dark and even your pip boy light doesn't help too much.

Sound is above average, decent weapon sounds, good music, the voice acting like most Bethesda games can be a bit bland but it gets the job done.

Difficulty, this dlc is hard, it recommends being at least level 20 before starting it. I went in at level 22 and still found it incredibly difficult, you will lose all your weapons, armour, companions, everything when starting this dlc and unfortunately most of the common weapons you'll find throughout this dlc are melee/unarmed weapons, so if you're character isn't skilled in that area it makes the game even more difficult. The enemies are tough, some can't even be killed and have to be disabled via terminals (if you can find them) there are traps (bear traps, rigged shotguns, tripwires, explosives) all over the map. On top of that your character is wearing an explosive collar, and there are radios and speakers everywhere that interfere with it's frequency, spend too long near one of these speakers and the collar will blow, killing you instantly.

Overall I found this dlc to be incredibly frustrating, the concept behind it is quite good but I thought it was executed poorly. The explosive collar is my main problem, I died so many times because of that thing, it makes everything come down to trial and error, about half why through I just wanted it to be over so I could get back to the wasteland. On the plus side it is quite long, took me about 6 hours, but when most of those 6 hours are spent being frustrated, it's probably not a good thing. I find it hard to recommend this dlc to even the most die hard Fallout fans, if you're interested in playing this at all I would say you're probably better of waiting for the GOTY edition which will inevitably be released at some point.

6/10
Ninja Yaro
Ninja Yaro
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : Ninja Yaro
Number of posts : 2009
Registration date : 2010-05-29
TGD Reputation : 49
TGD Elite Member Points : 7220

Back to top Go down

Mini Review: Fallout: New Vegas - Dead Money dlc Empty Re: Mini Review: Fallout: New Vegas - Dead Money dlc

Post  Guest Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:20 pm

Good review. I have this on my HDD but haven't got round to playing it yet Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Mini Review: Fallout: New Vegas - Dead Money dlc Empty Re: Mini Review: Fallout: New Vegas - Dead Money dlc

Post  Ninja Yaro Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:23 pm

Just be prepared for a very stressful experience when you do.
Ninja Yaro
Ninja Yaro
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : Ninja Yaro
Number of posts : 2009
Registration date : 2010-05-29
TGD Reputation : 49
TGD Elite Member Points : 7220

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:56 pm

Glad to have you onboard the mini rev trail ninja matey

Great MR fella thanks

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum