The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer
The Games Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

*Official Gears of War 3 topic*

+30
AHMEERKAT
habitualschizo
Lewy210
BRANNO 4292
Colne Crusader
mosher666
Tenlo
Riled Wolf
Liquid Code
Thommo
Mister Blade
harry haddack
Genesis Knight
kinmad4it
Ninja Yaro
stubbymite
ArcadeThrowback
Kev Lar 1
Kalumny
Asurans Progeny
Tricky34
GrahamOfTheDead
Mavriick
Gabhlan
Lance the pimp
Jameseire85
CMLiedtke
djilladel
Ba5sett
PJ RISING
34 posters

Page 3 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

*Official Gears of War 3 topic* - Page 3 Empty *Official Gears of War 3 topic*

Post  Guest Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:05 pm

First topic message reminder :

So reports Edge here. Supposedly its been delayed until next year to leave Halo Reach and Natal unchallenged Smile

Back to top Go down

*Official Gears of War 3 topic* - Page 3 Empty Re: *Official Gears of War 3 topic*

Post  Tricky34 Fri Jun 04, 2010 9:11 am

Lefty Redbeard wrote:Can niteowl or a mod change the title of this thread to *Official Gears Of War 2 thread*

Dont ya mean Official Gears 3??

Tricky34
Games Den Moderator
Games Den Moderator

Number of posts : 7255
Registration date : 2009-05-31

Back to top Go down

*Official Gears of War 3 topic* - Page 3 Empty Re: *Official Gears of War 3 topic*

Post  Ninja Yaro Fri Jun 04, 2010 9:38 am

I'm a big fan of both Gears games so I'll be pre-ordering and picking it up on release day. I'm really looking forward to 4 player co-op. Hopefully they've learned something from Gears 2 and they ship it with working multiplayer that doesn't take 6 updates to fix. Also hope they keep/improve horde as well.
Ninja Yaro
Ninja Yaro
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : Ninja Yaro
Number of posts : 2009
Registration date : 2010-05-29
TGD Reputation : 49
TGD Elite Member Points : 7222

Back to top Go down

Post  Gabhlan Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:52 am

Just for you Lefty some chainsaw gossip:

"There seem to be a number of modifications that are being made to the entire minigame making it actually worthwhile and more dynamic than in the previous Gears of War game. There seems to be a dose of “swing” being added to make the sequence a bit gorier than it was. This sequence was supposed to be put in the previous game itself but was chopped off due to time constraints, informs our source."

Red Sauce: Chainsaw Duel Rumours.
Gabhlan
Gabhlan
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : Gabhlan
Number of posts : 2395
Registration date : 2009-03-24
TGD Reputation : 31
TGD Elite Member Points : 8151

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:34 pm

ricklilley wrote:
Lefty Redbeard wrote:Can niteowl or a mod change the title of this thread to *Official Gears Of War 2 thread*

Dont ya mean Official Gears 3??

Yes, I do! Embarassed

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:16 pm

Gabhlan wrote:Just for you Lefty some chainsaw gossip:

"There seem to be a number of modifications that are being made to the entire minigame making it actually worthwhile and more dynamic than in the previous Gears of War game. There seems to be a dose of “swing” being added to make the sequence a bit gorier than it was. This sequence was supposed to be put in the previous game itself but was chopped off due to time constraints, informs our source."

Red Sauce: Chainsaw Duel Rumours.

Excellent!
I'll putting a little english on my spin, Irish.

Back to top Go down

Post  kinmad4it Fri Jun 04, 2010 5:00 pm

Just a heads up for those who are interested and don't already know.
There's a few of the developers of Gears on Twitter, two of them are randomly giving away redeem codes for the All Fronts maps pack, golden weapons and Gears avatar clobber.
If you have Twitter, follow, iFlak and GearsViking.
I'm after a golden hammerburst, but as they're in the US and the codes are a once only deal, I always miss them, but you never know, perseverance may eventually pay off and I'll have my very gold hammerburst Very Happy
kinmad4it
kinmad4it
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : kinmad4it
Number of posts : 2140
Registration date : 2010-05-09
TGD Reputation : 69
TGD Elite Member Points : 7476

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:53 pm

ICE-T possible voice actor for gears 3.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:47 pm

OMG! Iced Tea? Why didn't you say so... I'm preordering immediatly.... Rolling Eyes

I've seen pictures of that young fellow of a dark persuasion form the comics in some of the Gears 3 picture collections... what's his name? Jason summink? Maybe Mr. Tea will be voicing him....

Back to top Go down

Post  kinmad4it Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:54 am

Just been trawling through my Twitter in the vain hope there might be a golden Hammerburst code that hasn't been taken, no luck as usual and came across this . .
iFlak

RT @DannyBoy357k: @iFlak Oh btw, what did you think of the platinum lancer idea? Pretty BA huh?

Platinum lancers? How could you tell when 90% of the Gears world is grey to begin with.
kinmad4it
kinmad4it
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:26 am

"Hip-hop artist Drake will serve as the voice and soul of Jace Stratton in Epic's third and final chapter in the Gears of War saga. Drake is a Grammy-nominated artist whose latest album "Thank Me Later," will make its retail debut June 14th. The character he is playing , Jace Stratton was one of the stronger charcters from the Gears of War comic series that Epic felt needed to find his way into the game:

"Jace is a central character in the comic books, so he was an obvious choice as a character we wanted to bring into the third game," said Epic Executive Producer Rod Fergusson. "When we began casting for the role, ‘So Far Gone’ had just released and Drake’s combination of heart and grit was just what we were looking for. Rather than search for somebody who sounded like him, it was clear that we should approach him directly… fortunately he turned out to be a huge fan.""

Sauce: gameculture.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:34 am

Twinkle bailed me out of Gears 2 last night. Very Happy It had been taunting me for about a Year and I couldn't finish it but God Bless her cotton socks we collectivley made short work of the last 2 Acts.

Cheers Twinkle cheers

Back to top Go down

Post  Gabhlan Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:31 am

Heres a link to the thread James put up showing the first in game footage for Gears-3 [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Gabhlan
Gabhlan
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : Gabhlan
Number of posts : 2395
Registration date : 2009-03-24
TGD Reputation : 31
TGD Elite Member Points : 8151

Back to top Go down

Post  Genesis Knight Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:41 am

DUDE EPIC!!! Weapon Swaps, grenade tag meat shields it just looks kick ass, and poor carmine solders arm lol!
Genesis Knight
Genesis Knight
unaddicted
unaddicted

XBOX Gamertag : Genesis Knight
Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2010-06-04
TGD Reputation : 9
TGD Elite Member Points : 5163

Back to top Go down

*Official Gears of War 3 topic* - Page 3 Empty Gears 3 Beast mode unveiled.

Post  kinmad4it Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:25 pm

This will give all the info you could wish for.
Sounds frickin amazing!
kinmad4it
kinmad4it
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

Back to top Go down

Post  Jameseire85 Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:30 pm

Awesome sauce, sounds like a blast!!!
Jameseire85
Jameseire85
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : Jameseire85
Number of posts : 1136
Registration date : 2009-04-21
TGD Reputation : 43
TGD Elite Member Points : 6753

Back to top Go down

Post  kinmad4it Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:36 pm

Can't wait to earn enough of those tokens so I can take on the Cog as a Beserker.
So now we'll have Horde and Beast. This game just keeps getting better every day.
kinmad4it
kinmad4it
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

Back to top Go down

Post  Ninja Yaro Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:33 am

This mode looks great, can't wait to play as a Beserker. Overall this game is looking fantastic from what I've seen, I just hope they fix the multiplayer issues that Gears 2 had.
Ninja Yaro
Ninja Yaro
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : Ninja Yaro
Number of posts : 2009
Registration date : 2010-05-29
TGD Reputation : 49
TGD Elite Member Points : 7222

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:48 am

i werent gonna bother getting this game as i liked number 1 but number 2 is sh*t imo...but that does sound good , although ive always sucked at multi on gears so i spose its just summit else for me to get frustrated with...i like the sound of being a ticker..

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:51 am

Sweet another gem of multiplayer can not wait lets hope you can have access to Reavers ond Brummaks Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Tricky34 Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:13 am

Sounds like great fun, i just hope the achievements aren't as heavily stacked as the Horde ones on Gears 2.
Tricky34
Tricky34
Games Den Moderator
Games Den Moderator

XBOX Gamertag : Tricky34
Number of posts : 7255
Registration date : 2009-05-31
TGD Reputation : 152
TGD Elite Member Points : 13304

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:19 am

Fecking A.
Horde mode... as locusts.
cheers

Back to top Go down

Post  harry haddack Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:51 pm

that looks fab a long wait untll april. wishing my life away
harry haddack
harry haddack
Mildly Addicted
Mildly Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : harry haddack
Number of posts : 998
Registration date : 2009-01-17
TGD Reputation : 17
TGD Elite Member Points : 6721

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbymite Thu Jun 17, 2010 12:09 am

brilliant i love the gears games and this looks another instant hit
stubbymite
stubbymite
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : StubbyMite
Number of posts : 4312
Registration date : 2010-05-21
TGD Reputation : 90
TGD Elite Member Points : 10070

Back to top Go down

Post  Mister Blade Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:44 am

It does look interesting. Can't wait for it to come out.
Mister Blade
Mister Blade
Mildly Addicted
Mildly Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : Mister Blade
Number of posts : 660
Registration date : 2009-04-15
TGD Reputation : 30
TGD Elite Member Points : 6236

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jun 19, 2010 5:13 pm

very nice find mate, really looking forward to this mode and game now. its going to be awesome.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jun 21, 2010 3:49 pm

A few more details Cliffy B has let slip over Gears 3, sauce: xboxer360.com

"At the beginning of GOW3, Dom is farming. Why? No idea – Cliff didn’t go into detail, but we guess it’s a sign of the post-apocalyptic society the characters now live in. This doesn’t mean it’s a wasteland – footage we’ve seen is a lot more colourful (there’s some gorgeous textures too) and the environments are very varied. Expect to see forests – but not too many, since Cliff says they’re hard to do well, and not worth doing if you don’t do them well – and towns “like in Spain, with Stucco roofs and so on – think of Seville.”
He talked a bit about the teaser trailer. The city/area in it is called Char, and was absolutely nailed by the Hammer of Dawn strike. Cliff said the inspiration for the appearance of it was the excavations at Pompeii.

Girl Gears – the dark haired one is called Stroud, and looks pretty hardcore. The weapon you saw her using in the E3 demo is a Pendulum Wars era sword bayonet. Cliff explained that the rationale behind the chainsaw bayonet is that to properly stick a locust with a traditional bayonet you need a ten foot run-up. However, weapons and ammo are so scarce in Gears 3 – since there are no factories left, this being 18 months since the end of Gears 2 – that they have to use whatever weapons they can find, including ones from museums, dumps and so on. He did confirm that this wouldn’t be a game mechanic, so you won’t need to scavenge (random fact: he hates it when games have food as a mechanic). Ammo will be limited in quantity but not ridiculously so.

The new bayonet has a variety of ‘executions‘ – fatalities, basically – and the locust have new ones as well, including the one from the demo where it rips off someone’s arm and then beats them to death with it, something Epic have wanted to do “since the first Gears of War”.

What next? This is the last game in this cycle he says, but the Gears universe is rich and deep enough for more games. They’re concentrating on Bulletstorm for the moment though, and while he doesn’t have any immediate plans for Kinect he said that as a developer, his “curiosity is piqued”."

The dark haried one is called Stroud? WTF... Stroud is Anya's surname... the blonde....

And the old "ripping off someone's arm and beating them to death with it" trick is an official Locust execution... that'll make a few people happy... and a few others nauseated, I'm sure. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum