The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer
The Games Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

*Official Gears of War 3 topic*

+30
AHMEERKAT
habitualschizo
Lewy210
BRANNO 4292
Colne Crusader
mosher666
Tenlo
Riled Wolf
Liquid Code
Thommo
Mister Blade
harry haddack
Genesis Knight
kinmad4it
Ninja Yaro
stubbymite
ArcadeThrowback
Kev Lar 1
Kalumny
Asurans Progeny
Tricky34
GrahamOfTheDead
Mavriick
Gabhlan
Lance the pimp
Jameseire85
CMLiedtke
djilladel
Ba5sett
PJ RISING
34 posters

Page 10 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

*Official Gears of War 3 topic* - Page 10 Empty *Official Gears of War 3 topic*

Post  Guest Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:05 pm

First topic message reminder :

So reports Edge here. Supposedly its been delayed until next year to leave Halo Reach and Natal unchallenged Smile

Back to top Go down

*Official Gears of War 3 topic* - Page 10 Empty Re: *Official Gears of War 3 topic*

Post  Liquid Code Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:14 pm

Cant use a transfer cable as i traded my old xbox in for a new one Sad

Liquid Code
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

Number of posts : 1179
Registration date : 2010-06-30

Back to top Go down

*Official Gears of War 3 topic* - Page 10 Empty Re: *Official Gears of War 3 topic*

Post  kinmad4it Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:51 pm

I think somehow, Gears 3 itself must've deleted the save data from the beta.
It's unlocked the gold retro lancer which you can only obtain from playing the beta.
So how could I have unlocked that without having a beta save file to begin with.
Gonna try and get some answers over on the Epic forums.

This has really pissed me off no end. I played every damned week of that beta including the week exclusive to those with the Epic edition of Bulletstorm. I unlocked everything possible and now it's all gone, apart from the gold retro.
AAARRGGGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

EDIT : Well, trying the Epic forums for help was an epic Rolling Eyes waste of time. Only response i got was from someone else experiencing the same problem. Other than taking comfort in the knowlege I'm not the only one I'm no better off.
kinmad4it
kinmad4it
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : kinmad4it
Number of posts : 2140
Registration date : 2010-05-09
TGD Reputation : 69
TGD Elite Member Points : 7476

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:51 pm

It seems we are paying for DLC for this game which is already on the disc. Game footage of the DLC maps were leaked out by people playing a "full" version of the game. The maps Azura, Rustlung and Blood drive are even shown on the leaderboards.
Here is a video of blood drive on gears 3

Its a bit cheeky charging us for maps that exist on the disc but I have already purchased my season pass and blood drive is one of my fave maps on gears 2.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:57 pm

Azura map

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Sep 26, 2011 3:05 pm

Rust lung

Back to top Go down

Post  Ninja Yaro Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:55 pm

yeah I noticed the new maps on the leaderboards, video's of blood drive were online before the game even came out, definitely looks like the first set of dlc is already on the disc, I've already got my season pass as well, not too happy about paying for stuff that's already on the disc though.
Ninja Yaro
Ninja Yaro
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : Ninja Yaro
Number of posts : 2009
Registration date : 2010-05-29
TGD Reputation : 49
TGD Elite Member Points : 7222

Back to top Go down

Post  GrahamOfTheDead Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:54 pm

How to unlock the Cluckshot.....

GrahamOfTheDead
GrahamOfTheDead
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : GrahamOfTheDead
Number of posts : 4572
Registration date : 2009-10-30
TGD Reputation : 109
TGD Elite Member Points : 11097

Back to top Go down

Post  kinmad4it Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:53 am

This has yet to be clarified conclusively but it seems that the event Impossible Mission and the actual reward of an exclusive skin will only be for US players Evil or Very Mad
Already a rather large shit storm brewing over on the Epic forums and I'll keep those here who are interested posted with any updates regarding this.

I hope this isn't true, after the LGS debacle we don't need another middle finger shown to us non Americans Evil or Very Mad
kinmad4it
kinmad4it
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

Back to top Go down

Post  mosher666 Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:35 am

On the plus side, this weekends event is a thanksgiving special

king of the hill with cluckshots

sounds fun
mosher666
mosher666
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : Mosher666
Number of posts : 1355
Registration date : 2010-09-09
TGD Reputation : 80
TGD Elite Member Points : 6770

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:17 pm

kinmad4it wrote:This has yet to be clarified conclusively but it seems that the event Impossible Mission and the actual reward of an exclusive skin will only be for US players Evil or Very Mad
Already a rather large shit storm brewing over on the Epic forums and I'll keep those here who are interested posted with any updates regarding this.

I hope this isn't true, after the LGS debacle we don't need another middle finger shown to us non Americans Evil or Very Mad

just posted on Twitter by the official GOW3 account "Hey folks, the Mission: Impossible – Ghost Protocol Weapon Skin Pack is available in all regions, not just the US."

Back to top Go down

Post  kinmad4it Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:21 pm

Thank God for that.
kinmad4it
kinmad4it
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

Back to top Go down

Post  Ninja Yaro Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:29 pm

It's now been confirmed that the Impossible Mission thing is to simply to beat the campaign on insane before December 25th and you'll unlock an exclusive skin. Those who have already done it on insane will automatically get the skin on the 31st of December.

EDIT: There's some conflicting reports, apparently the skin might unlock tomorrow with the booster pack if you've already done the campaign on insane.
Ninja Yaro
Ninja Yaro
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

Back to top Go down

Post  mosher666 Thu Nov 24, 2011 12:14 am

Lets hope so, could do with a new skin, getting bored of my liquid green skin
mosher666
mosher666
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

Back to top Go down

Post  BRANNO 4292 Thu Nov 24, 2011 9:31 am

I read that in order to unlock the skin you have to watch the mission impossible trailer off the dash board then complete the campaign on insane unless you've already completed.

BRANNO 4292
unaddicted
unaddicted

XBOX Gamertag : BRANNO 4292
Number of posts : 273
Registration date : 2009-04-24
TGD Reputation : 11
TGD Elite Member Points : 5845

Back to top Go down

Post  Gabhlan Thu Nov 24, 2011 9:47 am

Just suck up the details of the impossible mission in this topic

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Yeah it's for insane campaign and if you've already done it then all you've got to do is register and you'll get the skin. Looks like the skin doesn't unlock until the end of December.
Gabhlan
Gabhlan
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : Gabhlan
Number of posts : 2395
Registration date : 2009-03-24
TGD Reputation : 31
TGD Elite Member Points : 8151

Back to top Go down

Post  Ninja Yaro Thu Nov 24, 2011 12:49 pm

I've probably missed something since I'm off out in a sec so didn't have time to read everything properly, do we have to register to get the skin? if so, where?
Ninja Yaro
Ninja Yaro
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

Back to top Go down

Post  Lewy210 Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:27 pm

Epic have messed up again, can't download RAAMs shadow if your have season pass, wants you to pay 1200 points.

Better fix it soon Mad
Lewy210
Lewy210
unaddicted
unaddicted

XBOX Gamertag : Lewy210
Number of posts : 115
Registration date : 2011-07-17
TGD Reputation : 1
TGD Elite Member Points : 4813

Back to top Go down

Post  Ninja Yaro Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:47 pm

Lewy210 wrote:Epic have messed up again, can't download RAAMs shadow if your have season pass, wants you to pay 1200 points.

Better fix it soon Mad

From what I can see from the Gears forums and Twitter, Microsoft are apparently working on the issue, there's been no real info though and no word at all from Epic.
Ninja Yaro
Ninja Yaro
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

Back to top Go down

Post  Tricky34 Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:48 pm

Yeah i tried to get it a few times this morning. Everytime i clicked ok to download the new Season Pass content, it just took me to the marketplace but wanted 1200M$ points.

Lets hope Microsoft & Epic can get this sorted quickly. I'm wondering if the new Dashboard updates are causing some of the recent problems with DLC etc.
Tricky34
Tricky34
Games Den Moderator
Games Den Moderator

XBOX Gamertag : Tricky34
Number of posts : 7255
Registration date : 2009-05-31
TGD Reputation : 152
TGD Elite Member Points : 13304

Back to top Go down

*Official Gears of War 3 topic* - Page 10 Empty Seven New Achievements to Earn in Fenix Rising DLC

Post  Guest Fri Jan 06, 2012 3:45 pm

As if 5 awesome multiplayer maps weren’t enough we’re adding even more fuel to the Fenix Rising DLC with 7 new achievements totaling an additional 250 points. Don’t forget: Fenix Rising debuts on the Xbox LIVE marketplace on January 17th for just 800 Microsoft Points – or, for Season Pass holders, FREE!

Now They Begin to Understand – Complete 12 waves of Beast on all Fenix Rising Maps. (20 points)
Defending the Past – Complete all 50 waves of Horde on any of the Fenix Rising Maps. (25 points)
Come to Poppa – Win a Versus multiplayer match as a team of five Recruit Claytons (any mode). (15 points)
Locust, Forever – Win a Versus multiplayer match as a team of five Savage Marauders (any mode). (15 points)
Time to Re-up – Achieve level 100 and choose to re-up for another tour of duty. (50 points)
Again! – Achieve level 100 a second time and choose to re-up for another tour of duty. (50 points)
I’ve Done it All! – Earn at least one of each of the original 132 combat ribbons. (75 points)

Source I copied and pasted the entire article from here, so you only need to click this, if you doubt my word!

Back to top Go down

Post  Tricky34 Fri Jan 06, 2012 3:57 pm

Should of known the re-upping would lead to an achievement, so that means you've got to reach level 100 at least twice to max all the cheevs.

Most of the ribbons should be boostable, but there are some stinkers in there.
Tricky34
Tricky34
Games Den Moderator
Games Den Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jan 06, 2012 4:05 pm

I don't mind one Re-Up achievement, but two......FFS!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Gabhlan Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:03 am

interesting. First time I seen the achievement list seems like there are a few long haulers. Almost to level 100 now so I'll have my first one of those soon. NIce to see an excuse to play some Beast I still love that mode for a quick bit of action when horde seems too long.

I think I've gotten 93% of the ribbons so not many to get there. A few of them are a pain though like the one for killing two people with a single torque bow shot and reviving four people at once as a Kantus in Beast mode. I've also still not figured out which mode you need to be in to win with one second left on the clock.
Gabhlan
Gabhlan
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : Gabhlan
Number of posts : 2395
Registration date : 2009-03-24
TGD Reputation : 31
TGD Elite Member Points : 8151

Back to top Go down

Post  Tricky34 Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:19 am

Gabhlan wrote:
I think I've gotten 93% of the ribbons so not many to get there. A few of them are a pain though like the one for killing two people with a single torque bow shot and reviving four people at once as a Kantus in Beast mode. I've also still not figured out which mode you need to be in to win with one second left on the clock.

I got the Kantus revives by chance whilst spamming the X button in games with randoms (was trying to get the revive Onyx).

I got the 1 second left ribbon by pure luck, but can't remember if it was in Horde or Beast mode.
Tricky34
Tricky34
Games Den Moderator
Games Den Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  mosher666 Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:28 am

Tricky34 wrote:
Gabhlan wrote:

I got the Kantus revives by chance whilst spamming the X button in games with randoms (was trying to get the revive Onyx).

I got the 1 second left ribbon by pure luck, but can't remember if it was in Horde or Beast mode.

I got that one on beast mode myself. Don't think there is a timer on horde, unless you include the bonus objective timer
mosher666
mosher666
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

Back to top Go down

Post  Tricky34 Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:38 am

Must have been Beast mode then.

In which case surely all you need to do is down the last human and wait till there is only 1 second left.
Tricky34
Tricky34
Games Den Moderator
Games Den Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum