The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer
The Games Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

*Official Gears of War 3 topic*

+30
AHMEERKAT
habitualschizo
Lewy210
BRANNO 4292
Colne Crusader
mosher666
Tenlo
Riled Wolf
Liquid Code
Thommo
Mister Blade
harry haddack
Genesis Knight
kinmad4it
Ninja Yaro
stubbymite
ArcadeThrowback
Kev Lar 1
Kalumny
Asurans Progeny
Tricky34
GrahamOfTheDead
Mavriick
Gabhlan
Lance the pimp
Jameseire85
CMLiedtke
djilladel
Ba5sett
PJ RISING
34 posters

Page 11 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

Go down

*Official Gears of War 3 topic* - Page 11 Empty *Official Gears of War 3 topic*

Post  Guest Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:05 pm

First topic message reminder :

So reports Edge here. Supposedly its been delayed until next year to leave Halo Reach and Natal unchallenged Smile

Back to top Go down

*Official Gears of War 3 topic* - Page 11 Empty Re: *Official Gears of War 3 topic*

Post  Tricky34 Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:38 am

Must have been Beast mode then.

In which case surely all you need to do is down the last human and wait till there is only 1 second left.

Tricky34
Games Den Moderator
Games Den Moderator

Number of posts : 7255
Registration date : 2009-05-31

Back to top Go down

*Official Gears of War 3 topic* - Page 11 Empty Re: *Official Gears of War 3 topic*

Post  Guest Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:12 pm

Been looking through mine this morning and am missing some pretty easy one but the 2 kills with one torque bow is one that looks like it'll need boosting Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  kinmad4it Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:14 pm

Yeah, that one's easy enough to do with two of you playing Beast. Just down the last Stranded with about 10 seconds to go and then wait till the last second and kill them.
Got it a few times without trying actually while playing split screen with an idle controller.
Healing and reviving as a Kantus is another matter altogether, I keep forgetting to play as one which doesn't help Embarassed

Just got the Retribution ribbon with me and a 2nd controller playing KOTH, least that way the bots are off being useless around the objective and not getting in the way stealing kills.

Now I'm gonna try and get that double Torque Bow kill thingy then have a look at what I need from Arcade/Campaign.

Edit: Torque Bow ribbon done! Very Happy

9 left to go now, woo hoo!!
kinmad4it
kinmad4it
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : kinmad4it
Number of posts : 2140
Registration date : 2010-05-09
TGD Reputation : 69
TGD Elite Member Points : 7477

Back to top Go down

Post  Tenlo Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:09 pm

Are we planning on holding a regular Gears 3 night? I'm just thinking as we seem to have regular boosting nights and if its going to take two re-ups to max the game it may well be worth just setting a regular Gears night up to do this. Possibly Sunday, Thursday or Friday are the better options to not clash with anything else already running.

More on topic, I kinda wished I'd played more Gears 3 Mp as I have done none and now have a lot of catching up to do!
Tenlo
Tenlo
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : Tenlo
Number of posts : 4825
Registration date : 2011-02-03
TGD Reputation : 187
TGD Elite Member Points : 11947

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:14 pm

I'd be up for playing it regularly. I am only level 57 so quite a way to go for 2 Re-ups Sad

I think they are trying to correct the mistake of the previous DLC packs having achievements that can be to in a matter of minutes by reasonable organised folk but I think they've gone too far in the other direction this time.

Back to top Go down

Post  Gabhlan Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:36 am

the previous gears added similar rank related achievements in the later ones but as much as I love Gears I hate rank related achievements so many games have stupid reach rank whatever achievements it annoys me as I'm not that bothered about gamer score but do like to max out my games.

A note on that Beast one second medal only one person can get it per round. It's ONLY the person who gets the kill in the last second that gets the ribbon.
Gabhlan
Gabhlan
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : Gabhlan
Number of posts : 2395
Registration date : 2009-03-24
TGD Reputation : 31
TGD Elite Member Points : 8152

Back to top Go down

Post  Tricky34 Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:17 am

Has anyone had any problems playing the Warzone multiplayer mode?

Since i'm close to my Gold medal for playing warzone matches I thought i'd boost a few, filling them with myself and 9 bots. I was also gonna boost some Buttoned up ribbons and active reloads, while i checked up on here.

The problem is its deciding every match is a stalemate no matter how many are dead on either team. it worked fine yesterday morning, but i know that i got signed out of Live at 1 point and had to download an update when i signed back in.
Tricky34
Tricky34
Games Den Moderator
Games Den Moderator

XBOX Gamertag : Tricky34
TGD Reputation : 152
TGD Elite Member Points : 13305

Back to top Go down

Post  Tenlo Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:19 am

It may be a bug from the current update. The info about the new update can be found here It mentions stalemate so it may be that they've accidentally glitched it with the new update.
Tenlo
Tenlo
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : Tenlo
Number of posts : 4825
Registration date : 2011-02-03
TGD Reputation : 187
TGD Elite Member Points : 11947

Back to top Go down

Post  Tricky34 Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:27 am

It seems that you need to kill all members of the opposite team, or them kill you to end the match with a win/lose.
Tricky34
Tricky34
Games Den Moderator
Games Den Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Ninja Yaro Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:48 am

I think the stalemate thing is intentional, there should be an option to turn it off in private games though.
Ninja Yaro
Ninja Yaro
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : Ninja Yaro
Number of posts : 2009
Registration date : 2010-05-29
TGD Reputation : 49
TGD Elite Member Points : 7223

Back to top Go down

Post  kinmad4it Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:25 pm

Yeah, Ninja is right!
It's something new they introduced called the "Man Up" rule.
It's to stop teams hiding and winning. There should be an option to turn it off during private matches.

There is an option to turn it off, in Execution only! Shocked The option's called "Classic Stalemate"
Apparently, there's not enough room in the options to enable that feature in the other game modes.

If you're just after trying to get your Warzone games played Medal count up I suggest playing yourself and a second controller if possible against a stacked full team of Insane bots.
If you're after the Last Man Out ribbon try Execution instead and use the option to turn stalemates off.
kinmad4it
kinmad4it
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

Back to top Go down

Post  Gabhlan Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:59 pm

I was playing Private TDM last night and everyone had the update but it didn't go to a stalemate when the timer ran down it was a locust win as they had one extra man.
Gabhlan
Gabhlan
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : Gabhlan
Number of posts : 2395
Registration date : 2009-03-24
TGD Reputation : 31
TGD Elite Member Points : 8152

Back to top Go down

Post  Ninja Yaro Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:05 pm

Gabhlan wrote:I was playing Private TDM last night and everyone had the update but it didn't go to a stalemate when the timer ran down it was a locust win as they had one extra man.

I don't think TDM has been changed, it's just warzone and execution as far as I know, haven't actually had chance to check it out though yet.
Ninja Yaro
Ninja Yaro
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

Back to top Go down

Post  kinmad4it Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:06 pm

I think the rule's only been put in place for Warzone and Execution. So TDM is still safe.

Edit: Ninja'd by Ninja Laughing
kinmad4it
kinmad4it
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

Back to top Go down

Post  Tricky34 Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:06 pm

Cheers guys, it isn't a glitch and is intentional. Quite a few people are complaining on the epic forums about the lack of a turn off option on Warzone.

Left it playing Execution while i took the dog out this morning, and it was counting towards Veteran, Match Winner and the Execution matches Medals with no problems.

Got my Gold Warzone medal by playing against casual bots, which also bagged me, Buttoned Up, First Blood, and MVP ribbons in most matches.

I guess Execution is gonna be the mode of choice if leaving the console to play itself whilst i'm busy doing other things.
Tricky34
Tricky34
Games Den Moderator
Games Den Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Tricky34 Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:00 pm

I've just been looking through the guides on TA regarding Seriously 3.0 and Re-Upping, it seems there are a couple of people who can confirm that if you Re-Up before getting your Seriously achievement you will have to get back to Level 100 again to unlock it.

So bearing in mind that you can get both Re-upping cheevos by getting to level 100 twice, but if you haven't already got Seriously 3.0 your gonna have to get there again!

I think i'll probably Re-Up the first time, as i probably won't be near enough to getting all my Onyx medals. But if i get to level 100 the second time before i get my last Onyx medal i'll then wait until i've got it before Re-Upping again.

A couple of other points regarding Re-Upping.

Any XP earned after level 100 is lost on Re-upping.

You do keep ALL unlocks and medals etc.
Tricky34
Tricky34
Games Den Moderator
Games Den Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:41 pm

A sneak peak at the next DLC coming. Look carefully and you will recognise "raven down" as one of the new maps Wink

Back to top Go down

Post  Ninja Yaro Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:19 pm

Interesting that Raven Down is back, I was never really a fan of that map though to be honest. Apparently there is supposed to be a full announcement and preview of the new dlc some time tonight.
Ninja Yaro
Ninja Yaro
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

Back to top Go down

Post  Andyhadpie247 Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:34 pm

To boost warzone I've tagged up with a mate us 2 in a team then 3bots on insane in the other team, leave it on all night and wow 250games, thanks Razz
Andyhadpie247
Andyhadpie247
unaddicted
unaddicted

XBOX Gamertag : Andyhadpie247
Number of posts : 380
Registration date : 2012-02-06
TGD Reputation : 0
TGD Elite Member Points : 4952

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum