The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer
The Games Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Rogue In The System? The story of an xbox live moderator (The Pro)

+4
Gabhlan
KENT HAMMER
Leigh36295
sophosuni
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

A Rogue In The System? The story of an xbox live moderator (The Pro) Empty A Rogue In The System? The story of an xbox live moderator (The Pro)

Post  sophosuni Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:45 am

Just read this over at xboxer and found it entertaining:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Basically lots of video clips have been popping up about a moderator that has started banning accounts of people he played MW 2 with for no reason.

However there is a twist in the tail as it turns out that the clip was heavily edited. Here is the full version

affraid

Also have a look at some of the comments on youtube for both clips. They add to the entertainment.
sophosuni
sophosuni
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : sophosuni
Number of posts : 1071
Registration date : 2009-09-20
TGD Reputation : 40
TGD Elite Member Points : 6579

Back to top Go down

A Rogue In The System? The story of an xbox live moderator (The Pro) Empty Re: A Rogue In The System? The story of an xbox live moderator (The Pro)

Post  Guest Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:06 pm

Basically sums up why I don't play this game. It attracts the biggest tools and cheats in the gaming world.

I don't mind boosting but anyone cheating and acting like this deserves all they get. Keep it up Microsoft Very Happy

Back to top Go down

A Rogue In The System? The story of an xbox live moderator (The Pro) Empty Re: A Rogue In The System? The story of an xbox live moderator (The Pro)

Post  Leigh36295 Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:12 pm

I found that hilarious tbh. People like that deserved to be banned for talking to anyone in that way, Mod or not. You do come accross is in basically every match, which is why muting comes in handy, but it'd be awesome to beable to just instantly ban someone.
Leigh36295
Leigh36295
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : Leigh36295
Number of posts : 3988
Registration date : 2009-10-23
TGD Reputation : 198
TGD Elite Member Points : 10109

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:17 pm

It sucks to be a moderator on anything Microsoft based it really does... the banning of that little kid was totally justified in my opinion, not sure about that Lupo guy as you never really heard much about what he did or didn't do... but one thing is for sure if I ever see "The Pro" in any game I'm playing I'm definitely leaving he is waay too heavy and quick to jump to the ban hammer... definitely a power tripper.

Back to top Go down

Post  Leigh36295 Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:19 pm

I think anyone who runs into t**ts like that every game, if they had the oppurtunity to ban people, would also at some point get a power trip.
Leigh36295
Leigh36295
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:26 pm

Leigh36295 wrote:I think anyone who runs into t**ts like that every game, if they had the oppurtunity to ban people, would also at some point get a power trip.

It's one of those things, a lot of people act up when they see an official moderator enter their game/ game room deliberately just to goad them into doing something with their mod powers, it's something you have to expect when you are in that position... it's all down to the way you handle the situation and in my opinion The Pro handles everything all wrong... he immediately jumps on the offensive and threatens the ban from the start and that just makes these tits play up worse.

Back to top Go down

Post  KENT HAMMER Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:24 pm

So glad I don't play MW2 online

That mod guy is such a power hungry fool.

I am just glad that we here at GSA have a very balanced view and are real adults and understand that nobody is perfect and we all need to throw our toys every now and again.
KENT HAMMER
KENT HAMMER
Site Owner & Admin
Site Owner & Admin

XBOX Gamertag : KENT HAMMER
Number of posts : 13824
Registration date : 2009-01-05
TGD Reputation : 578
TGD Elite Member Points : 25612

https://www.youtube.com/TheGamesDenTV

Back to top Go down

Post  Gabhlan Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:42 pm

Kent Hammer wrote:we all need to throw our toys every now and again.

Just make sure they're virtual and not your actual xbox.
Gabhlan
Gabhlan
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : Gabhlan
Number of posts : 2395
Registration date : 2009-03-24
TGD Reputation : 31
TGD Elite Member Points : 8130

Back to top Go down

Post  sophosuni Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:23 pm

Kent Hammer wrote:So glad I don't play MW2 online

I am just glad that we here at GSA have a very balanced view and are real adults and understand that nobody is perfect and we all need to throw our toys every now and again.

Sorry Kent but have to disagree. Just because you don't have the person standing in front of you and its in a virtual environment doesn't mean that all of societies rules around manners and tolerance go out the window. People should behave online the way they would behave in person. The other fella sounded like a teenager and teenagers will always test boundaries and depending on personality type only become cautious under the fear of a physical reaction. Just because an immediate physical violent reaction isn't possible doesn't mean that teenagers should be allowed to spout off about flumping your granny online. Any lack of reinforcement that they can't get away with it will just encourage them to do it more often. The mod might have risen to it a bit and gotten to emotionally involved but he is only a moderator and not a professional counsellor.
sophosuni
sophosuni
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

Back to top Go down

Post  Ba5sett Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:55 pm

I think that the general anonymity of online gaming combined with a headset seems to bring out the worst in certain people, I have met some cracking people when gaming online I've also come across a lot of complete tools that give the majority a bad name.
Ba5sett
Ba5sett
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : Ba5sett
Number of posts : 3288
Registration date : 2009-09-18
TGD Reputation : 58
TGD Elite Member Points : 9058

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:12 pm

probably worth saying too that the Pro is more than likely in this particular game because he has had a wealth of complaints about a certain player and is checking it out.

The amount of times Ive been called a sl*t, Sl*g or a C*nt just because I have been winning at a free for all game or have stopped boosters is immense.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:16 pm

luscious loopy wrote:probably worth saying too that the Pro is more than likely in this particular game because he has had a wealth of complaints about a certain player and is checking it out.

The amount of times Ive been called a sl*t, Sl*g or a C*nt just because I have been winning at a free for all game or have stopped boosters is immense.
I did apologise for calling you that though lol!

Back to top Go down

Post  Ba5sett Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:18 pm

I think if I had the power of banning and received some of the shite I've had over the years on xbox live I'd probably get a bit ban happy too
Ba5sett
Ba5sett
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : Ba5sett
Number of posts : 3288
Registration date : 2009-09-18
TGD Reputation : 58
TGD Elite Member Points : 9058

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:27 pm

Ba5sett wrote:I think if I had the power of banning and received some of the shite I've had over the years on xbox live I'd probably get a bit ban happy too

Which is why you don't have said power Razz ... remember a wise old man said that with great power comes great responsibilty... or something... whatever the reasons for him being there his attitude was in my opinion inexcusable, ban happy mods are never a good thing and he is ban happy.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:37 pm

too be fair the guy with the mouth deserved everything he got people like him are the sole reason i have one american on my friend list

Back to top Go down

Post  KENT HAMMER Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:40 pm

sophosuni wrote:
Kent Hammer wrote:So glad I don't play MW2 online

Sorry Kent but have to disagree. Just because you don't have the person standing in front of you and its in a virtual environment doesn't mean that all of societies rules around manners and tolerance go out the window. People should behave online the way they would behave in person. The other fella sounded like a teenager and teenagers will always test boundaries and depending on personality type only become cautious under the fear of a physical reaction. Just because an immediate physical violent reaction isn't possible doesn't mean that teenagers should be allowed to spout off about flumping your granny online. Any lack of reinforcement that they can't get away with it will just encourage them to do it more often. The mod might have risen to it a bit and gotten to emotionally involved but he is only a moderator and not a professional counsellor.

I meant us guys on here having a good moan etc!!!

Not abusive people online, I am never abusive onlive.

I am as friendly as the day is long and that is how I expect all GSA members to be.

You have truly and deeply misunderstood my comment about toy throwing.
KENT HAMMER
KENT HAMMER
Site Owner & Admin
Site Owner & Admin

XBOX Gamertag : KENT HAMMER
Number of posts : 13824
Registration date : 2009-01-05
TGD Reputation : 578
TGD Elite Member Points : 25612

https://www.youtube.com/TheGamesDenTV

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:44 pm

If I were an xbox mod id ban the lot of ya you boosting whores you Razz

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:49 pm

x Icey Ice x wrote:If I were an xbox mod id ban the lot of ya you boosting whores you Razz

Yes Icey, your pot is blacker than my kettle Razz

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:56 pm

The Mad Ronin wrote:
x Icey Ice x wrote:If I were an xbox mod id ban the lot of ya you boosting whores you Razz

Yes Icey, your pot is blacker than my kettle Razz

LOL - but I dont see yr point ?????? Laughing are you saying you have a black kettle called pot ? Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:58 pm

you pair of racists Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  sophosuni Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:59 pm

Kent Hammer wrote:

I meant us guys on here having a good moan etc!!!

Not abusive people online, I am never abusive onlive.

I am as friendly as the day is long and that is how I expect all GSA members to be.

You have truly and deeply misunderstood my comment about toy throwing.

Toy throwing is having a tantrum, having a moan is something different. Just try to be clearer next time Wink
sophosuni
sophosuni
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:01 pm

LOL @ OTK Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:04 pm

x Icey Ice x wrote:LOL - but I dont see yr point ?????? Laughing are you saying you have a black kettle called pot ? Laughing

That just didn't even make sense... no matter how many times I read that scratch

Back to top Go down

Post  Leigh36295 Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:58 pm

The Mad Ronin wrote:
Ba5sett wrote:I think if I had the power of banning and received some of the shite I've had over the years on xbox live I'd probably get a bit ban happy too

remember a wise old man said that with great power comes great responsibilty

Spidermans Uncle?
Leigh36295
Leigh36295
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:15 pm

Leigh36295 wrote:Spidermans Uncle?

Well he was an old man... and kinda wise too... so... yeah...

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next