The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer
The Games Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What game shall i buy?

5 posters

Go down

What game shall i buy? Empty What game shall i buy?

Post  fitzybear Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:41 pm

I have 1400 points. What game shall i buy for xbox live. im new 2 xbox and only have, halo 3, gears of war, kane and linch, texas holdem, pac man EC and Hexic HD. I would prefer it if the game was not more than 1400. If you have time please write a little description of what the games about and y i should buy it. Thx 4 yr time. Very Happy
fitzybear
fitzybear
unaddicted
unaddicted

XBOX Gamertag : fitzybear
Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2010-01-07
TGD Reputation : 1
TGD Elite Member Points : 5316

Back to top Go down

What game shall i buy? Empty Re: What game shall i buy?

Post  Guest Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:04 pm

depends if u want achieves or lastablity

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:20 pm

It all depends on what types of games interest you, two potential candidates for your points are Castle Crashers and Shadow Complex. Each one costs 1200 points but are in my own humble opinion amongst the best the XBL arcade has to offer.

Castle Crashers is a very simple and highly comic side scrolling hack 'em up which never takes itself too seriously. With a host of extra features which help add extra depth to the game. Hack your way through level after level, gaining yourself XP and leveling your chosen knight as you go. With a host of weapons to play with, magical abilities and mini pets that add various bonuses to your character all wrapped up with a highly amusing 4 player local or online co-op as well as two comedic extra games mode in 'The Arena' and 'All you can quaff'. If you are a fan of such golden oldies as Golden Axe or Altered Beast then this will certainly appeal to you. Ronin's rating 9/10.

Shadow Complex is an interesting hybrid 2D/3D side scrolling shooter. For an XBL arcade it is surprisingly long, with a solid story which actually does a good job of helping to drive the game forward but the gameplay is what this game is really about. There are various collectables which only help to extend the life of the game for those who can't resist hunting down extra goodies, but none of them are essential for completing the game, and there are some nice puzzle elements which aren't too taxing to help mix things up a little. For a single player arcade game the main story itself will provide you with around 10 hours of amusement depending on how quickly you decide to run through it. There is also a challenge section, which while entertaining will probably only provide a fleeting level of amusement unless you are really interested in that kind of thing. All in all a solid game and well worth a Ronin's rating of 9/10.

Just a couple of personal recommendations that I feel are well worth trying out the trial versions of each of these games to see if they are your proverbial cup of tea. If you are really stuck for things to buy just download loads of XBL arcade trials and grab the one(s) that interest you. That's the beauty of the XBL arcade, you can always try out the trial version of any game before you spend your hard earned cash Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  fitzybear Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:21 pm

only toe knee wrote:depends if u want achieves or lastablity

both Laughing more lastibility and game play mate.
fitzybear
fitzybear
unaddicted
unaddicted

Back to top Go down

Post  fitzybear Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:28 pm

The Mad Ronin wrote:It all depends on what types of games interest you, two potential candidates for your points are Castle Crashers and Shadow Complex. Each one costs 1200 points but are in my own humble opinion amongst the best the XBL arcade has to offer.

Castle Crashers is a very simple and highly comic side scrolling hack 'em up which never takes itself too seriously. With a host of extra features which help add extra depth to the game. Hack your way through level after level, gaining yourself XP and leveling your chosen knight as you go. With a host of weapons to play with, magical abilities and mini pets that add various bonuses to your character all wrapped up with a highly amusing 4 player local or online co-op as well as two comedic extra games mode in 'The Arena' and 'All you can quaff'. If you are a fan of such golden oldies as Golden Axe or Altered Beast then this will certainly appeal to you. Ronin's rating 9/10.

Shadow Complex is an interesting hybrid 2D/3D side scrolling shooter. For an XBL arcade it is surprisingly long, with a solid story which actually does a good job of helping to drive the game forward but the gameplay is what this game is really about. There are various collectables which only help to extend the life of the game for those who can't resist hunting down extra goodies, but none of them are essential for completing the game, and there are some nice puzzle elements which aren't too taxing to help mix things up a little. For a single player arcade game the main story itself will provide you with around 10 hours of amusement depending on how quickly you decide to run through it. There is also a challenge section, which while entertaining will probably only provide a fleeting level of amusement unless you are really interested in that kind of thing. All in all a solid game and well worth a Ronin's rating of 9/10.

Just a couple of personal recommendations that I feel are well worth trying out the trial versions of each of these games to see if they are your proverbial cup of tea. If you are really stuck for things to buy just download loads of XBL arcade trials and grab the one(s) that interest you. That's the beauty of the XBL arcade, you can always try out the trial version of any game before you spend your hard earned cash Very Happy

thank you thats very helpful Very Happy
fitzybear
fitzybear
unaddicted
unaddicted

Back to top Go down

Post  RabidHellBunny Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:19 pm

Castle Crashers is an amazing game and there are still lots of people playing online which is always a bonus.

Lets not forget Peggle though, an extremely addictive puzzle game, there is a review of it in the review section.
RabidHellBunny
RabidHellBunny
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : RabidHellBunny
Number of posts : 3375
Registration date : 2009-03-26
TGD Reputation : 141
TGD Elite Member Points : 9153

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:23 pm

Braid is about the best XBLA game but it can be a marmite game. Highly original puzzle / platformer. It has been know to go on special offer every now and again otherwise I think its still 1200 MS Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  fitzybear Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:23 pm

thx rabid ill check them out. thx nightowl ill check it out also
fitzybear
fitzybear
unaddicted
unaddicted

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:58 pm

also dont forget trials hd

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:04 pm

Have you checked out the forum review section for XBLA games [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down

Post  fitzybear Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:53 am

only toe knee wrote:also dont forget trials hd

cheers a few people have said bout this game Very Happy

niteowl1980 wrote:Have you checked out the forum review section for XBLA games [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

cheers dude checking them out now Very Happy
fitzybear
fitzybear
unaddicted
unaddicted

Back to top Go down

Post  Ba5sett Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:21 am

I'd definitely recommend Trials HD I bought it shortly after release last year and had so much gameplay from it that 1200 points I payed seems like a bargain!
Ba5sett
Ba5sett
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : Ba5sett
Number of posts : 3288
Registration date : 2009-09-18
TGD Reputation : 58
TGD Elite Member Points : 9079

Back to top Go down

Post  Cyber_zombi Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:27 am

I know I'm only repeating what Others have said, but Trials HD, and Shadow complex are both very good. Trials is extremely addictive, where as shadow complex is just a brilliant little game.
Heres one that I dont think many people have suggested though.. what about bomberman? Thats a classic. (or worms?)
Cyber_zombi
Cyber_zombi
unaddicted
unaddicted

XBOX Gamertag : CyBeRZoMBi UK
Number of posts : 477
Registration date : 2009-03-10
TGD Reputation : 14
TGD Elite Member Points : 6063

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mr_meta_zombi/sets

Back to top Go down

Post  fitzybear Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:31 pm

o.k cheers guys i have enough to go on. im going to play all the demo's of the games listed above and take it from there. thx again 4 yr time Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
fitzybear
fitzybear
unaddicted
unaddicted

Back to top Go down

Post  garymason72 Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:53 pm

I too will put a vote in for Trials HD, very frustrating but ultimatly rewarding.
garymason72
garymason72
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : Garymason72
Number of posts : 2506
Registration date : 2009-02-16
TGD Reputation : 171
TGD Elite Member Points : 8361

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:29 pm

Check out Geometry Wars, the best 400 points I ever spent!

Back to top Go down

Post  fitzybear Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:16 pm

DoctorMambo wrote:Check out Geometry Wars, the best 400 points I ever spent!

cheers will do Very Happy
fitzybear
fitzybear
unaddicted
unaddicted

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down