The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer
The Games Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Which should I buy as my next game?

4 posters

Go down

Which should I buy?

Which should I buy as my next game? I_vote_lcap0%Which should I buy as my next game? I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Which should I buy as my next game? I_vote_lcap83%Which should I buy as my next game? I_vote_rcap 83% 
[ 5 ]
Which should I buy as my next game? I_vote_lcap17%Which should I buy as my next game? I_vote_rcap 17% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 6

Which should I buy as my next game? Empty Which should I buy as my next game?

Post  Leigh36295 Sun Dec 27, 2009 1:40 am

It's been a while since I played a good long RPG, and I'm kinda craving one atm but can't decide on which one to buy. I can only afford one of em, due to money being blown on Christmas.
The ones I've been looking at are:

Mass Effect - Saw this for £10 on Amazon, I've played it once before when it first came out, and liked it but I basically rushed through it and only did the main storyline, It was a good game but I was slightly dissapointed, but now I've been thinking of playing it again and going for the full 1000GS. Apparently the game is much better if you play through all the side quests ect and that makes me really wanna play it again. Oh and there's a sequel out at the end of next month.

Dragon Age: Origins - This is only £23 on Amazon atm, and another one I really wanna play. Been thinking of getting this for about a month now, I loved KOTOR and this looks alot like it, which is basically all I need to convince me that I wanna play it. The only down side is that although £23 is really cheap, the other games are cheaper and probably just as good.

Oblivion GOTY Edition - Saw it for £15 on Gameplay, and I love this game. I've spent 100's of hours on it, and never really get bored. However I have the original 1000GS and have played all the side quests ect, so would only be buying this for the Nights of the Nine and The Shivering Isles.

So yeah, 3 apparantly great games, and I can only have one of them. Any RPG lover would see the predicament I'm in Razz, so I need help with choosing which.
Leigh36295
Leigh36295
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : Leigh36295
Number of posts : 3988
Registration date : 2009-10-23
TGD Reputation : 198
TGD Elite Member Points : 10129

Back to top Go down

Which should I buy as my next game? Empty Re: Which should I buy as my next game?

Post  Angel Sun Dec 27, 2009 2:18 am

idd say dragon age cause:
1. mass efects most side quests are completely same.. just in diferent planet.. so it gets boring prety fast.. + you played it bfor.. that will make it even worse Razz
2.buying oblivion only for dlc and just like 5-10 hours of gameplay aint rly worth it..

so yea i sugest buying dragon age.. 100+ hours of gameplay and game you havent even tryed yet..
Angel
Angel
Mildly Addicted
Mildly Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : Im EliTE Angel
Number of posts : 606
Registration date : 2009-04-17
TGD Reputation : 34
TGD Elite Member Points : 6284

Back to top Go down

Which should I buy as my next game? Empty Re: Which should I buy as my next game?

Post  Guest Sun Dec 27, 2009 7:54 am

I would also say Dragon Age.

Unless like me you wanna get Mass Effect 2 close to launch day. I am working through Mass Effect now as I think the sequel will be an early contender for GOTY Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  sophosuni Sun Dec 27, 2009 10:17 am

Definitely get Dragon Age, its a brilliant game. I'm playing through Mass Effect again after completing it on PC and because of all the identical planets and side quests its already a chore. You might get 20 hrs max from the Oblivion dlc but bits of it will be repetative of the original game. With Dragon Age you will easily get 60hrs of new game play.
sophosuni
sophosuni
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : sophosuni
Number of posts : 1071
Registration date : 2009-09-20
TGD Reputation : 40
TGD Elite Member Points : 6599

Back to top Go down

Post  KENT HAMMER Sun Dec 27, 2009 10:40 am

My vote goes to Football manager 06- 1,000,000 hours of gameplay and it never gets boring.
plus you can pick it up for £2

Or if you want a slightly more refined game with even harder achievements go for FM07.

Completely off topic I know, but I can get away with anything Laughing
KENT HAMMER
KENT HAMMER
Site Owner & Admin
Site Owner & Admin

XBOX Gamertag : KENT HAMMER
Number of posts : 13825
Registration date : 2009-01-05
TGD Reputation : 578
TGD Elite Member Points : 25633

https://www.youtube.com/TheGamesDenTV

Back to top Go down

Post  Leigh36295 Sun Dec 27, 2009 10:42 am

I do wanna get Mass Effect 2 Niteowl, but only if I replay the Original Mass Effect. I read somewhere that the story carries on straight after the first one?, and you play as same level character ect and choices from the first game have consequences in the sequel. However I probably wouldn't get it on release date, and can wait till the price comes down a bit. But I just don't think I'm gonna get the first game for £10 again. It's a hard choice to make still cos I want all 3 of them Razz. And at some point will probably get them all. It just depends on which one I want first, and moneys a bit tight at the minute.

I already have FM06 Kent Wink. I played it for 2 hours and got a bit bored lol. I might try it again soon for some of the achievements though.

Last edited by Kent Hammer on Sun Dec 27, 2009 11:02 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : double posting, the edit button is your friend)
Leigh36295
Leigh36295
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : Leigh36295
Number of posts : 3988
Registration date : 2009-10-23
TGD Reputation : 198
TGD Elite Member Points : 10129

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Dec 27, 2009 10:52 am

Leigh36295 wrote:I do wanna get Mass Effect 2 Niteowl, but only if I replay the Original Mass Effect. I read somewhere that the story carries on straight after the first one?, and you play as same level character ect and choices from the first game have consequences in the sequel. However I probably wouldn't get it on release date, and can wait till the price comes down a bit. But I just don't think I'm gonna get the first game for £10 again. It's a hard choice to make still cos I want all 3 of them Razz. And at some point will probably get them all. It just depends on which one I want first, and moneys a bit tight at the minute.

it's just been confirmed that all your game save will do is give you bonus equipment at the start of ME2 your character level will not carry over

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum