The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer
The Games Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Borderlands 2 Review

+13
TreeMunky
Tenlo
Tricky34
stubbymite
Ba5sett
chrism1066
Thommo
Leigh36295
TheTCD
minkey_monkey
Slayer1189
GrahamOfTheDead
KENT HAMMER
17 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Borderlands 2 Review - Page 2 Empty Borderlands 2 Review

Post  KENT HAMMER Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:57 pm

First topic message reminder :

Borderlands 2 Review - Page 2 Border10

Borderlands 2
Developer: Gearbox Software
Publisher: 2K Games

Welcome to Pandora, You are truly in for a running, gunning, rooting, tooting and looting experience of a lifetime!

Borderlands 2 is not just a game, its a way of life for me now. If this was an episode of Red Dwarf it would be “Better than Life”, because you just never want to leave.

Today I was playing online with my brother and some mates and we all went the whole day without remembering to eat any food or peel ourselves off the sofa to get a drink or even take a pee!

This game takes grip and does not let go.
Its bigger and badder than the original and I smegging love it!!!

This time around the story is set five years after the original. We have 4 new vault hunters battling to free Pandora from the clutches of the Evil Handsome Jack!
Handsome Jack wants to waken an ancient alien evil only known as “The Warrior”.

Borderlands 2 Review - Page 2 Border11

You can choose to follow the story alone or play upto 4 player online co-op and 2 player split screen or a combo of both. I have played through once on my own where I really drank in all the storyline and laughed at all the awesome jokes and funny shit that happened. Plus I have another play through with a different toon that I use for online co-op goodness.

The characters offer great scope for variety in gameplay and are as follows-

First up we have Axton the Commando whose special ability is his Scorpio Turret that he can throw down and it will unleash all kinds of hell on the enemy while he fires away too!

Borderlands 2 Review - Page 2 Axton10

Secondly we have Zero the assassin who can go invisible for a few second and escape or attack an unsuspecting noob from behind! He has a samurai sword on his back and can cause awesome me-lee damage with this badboy.

Borderlands 2 Review - Page 2 Zerode10

Now onto Salvador the Gunzerker and my personal fave, he is not a people person! Dual wielding mahoosive machine guns and blasting the feck out of everything in his way. Nuff said.

Borderlands 2 Review - Page 2 Border12

Finally there is Maya the Siren. If you like chicks who take no shit with full body tattoo's then she is your girl. But I don't wanna be around when you ask to see her slag tag!! In a blink of an eye she can phase you into another dimension. Gulp!

Borderlands 2 Review - Page 2 Maya10

They are adding a Mechromancer on DLC quite soon and there are rumours of even more toons to follow, Happy days!

You will be pleased to hear that your friend the hilarious Claptrap is back again in this title and he cracks me up! There are even rumours of some chick Claptrap in bikinis, but you have to look hard to find them. Not that I would want to oil their trap for them of course, ha ha.

This adventure is all about killing and looting, always looking for better weapons and shields and mods for yourself. It can be abit of a bun fight when you see a purple drop in the distance and you all run over to claim it first. But sharing and trading is also rewarded as is healing your fellow vault hunters.

In fact this time you get rewarded for virtually everything you do in the form of Badass points!
Kill 100 of those, heal your mates 50 times, get 100 purple helmets, you get the picture.

I loved the first game and this one is far better. Truly my game of the year so far by miles!

In fact I so overchuffed with it that I am going to buy it again on PS3 in the new year just to play it all again. You don't get better than that sunshine!

Drum roll please................I am going to award this new way of life 10 claps out of Trap!

Buy it or live the rest of your miserable weasely existence as just another minion.
KENT HAMMER
KENT HAMMER
Site Owner & Admin
Site Owner & Admin

XBOX Gamertag : KENT HAMMER
Number of posts : 13825
Registration date : 2009-01-05
TGD Reputation : 578
TGD Elite Member Points : 25617

https://www.youtube.com/TheGamesDenTV

Back to top Go down

Borderlands 2 Review - Page 2 Empty Re: Borderlands 2 Review

Post  Colne Crusader Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:54 am

Good review style! Nice and punchy!! If I wasn't having a year off buying games, this would be near the top of me list!

Colne Crusader
Games Den Moderator
Games Den Moderator

Number of posts : 6893
Registration date : 2010-04-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Tricky34 Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:17 pm

Well i picked up a cheap copy of the GOTY edition of the 1st game (£15 in Asda), all the DLC is included on a 2nd disc. Played it last night for a couple of hours, got past the first boss. Enjoyed what i've played so far, so if anyone else out there wants to do some co-op give me a shout!
Tricky34
Tricky34
Games Den Moderator
Games Den Moderator

XBOX Gamertag : Tricky34
Number of posts : 7255
Registration date : 2009-05-31
TGD Reputation : 152
TGD Elite Member Points : 13287

Back to top Go down

Post  Sh00t3rmcgavin2 Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:20 pm

Quality reading Kent!

I saw a friend play the first one, and it did nothing for me, so I didn't bother, It does however seem very popular, so maybe Im missing out here!!
Sh00t3rmcgavin2
Sh00t3rmcgavin2
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : Sh00t3rmcgavin2
Number of posts : 1513
Registration date : 2011-12-21
TGD Reputation : 0
TGD Elite Member Points : 6171

Back to top Go down

Post  KENT HAMMER Thu Mar 26, 2015 3:16 pm

bumping this review as The Handsome Jack Collection is out this week on XONE and PS4 and includes this great game! Very Happy
KENT HAMMER
KENT HAMMER
Site Owner & Admin
Site Owner & Admin

XBOX Gamertag : KENT HAMMER
Number of posts : 13825
Registration date : 2009-01-05
TGD Reputation : 578
TGD Elite Member Points : 25617

https://www.youtube.com/TheGamesDenTV

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Mar 26, 2015 3:30 pm

playing it at the moment to complete the ps3 360 maxxes of all things borderlandy

If you need help reviewing the enhanced versions then give me a shout lol

Back to top Go down

Post  Ackter Thu Mar 26, 2015 3:42 pm

Played the original so much (my save games add up to several real time months) that I doubt I could play through it again for this.

Also, the pre-Sequel is crap.
Ackter
Ackter
Mildly Addicted
Mildly Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : Ackter
Number of posts : 983
Registration date : 2015-02-23
TGD Reputation : 20
TGD Elite Member Points : 4548

Back to top Go down