The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer
The Games Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mini Review: Borderlands

2 posters

Go down

Mini Review: Borderlands Empty Mini Review: Borderlands

Post  Stucowie Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:18 pm

I know its been out for over a year, but still... I love it...

Borderlands

First Person Shooter
Graphics are cell shaded and to be honest, it looks pretty good even though it is cartoony

Sound is standard FPS fare really, nothing groundbreaking... still good on surround sound though!

Difficulty - Starts off fairly easy but it soon ramps up as you go through different area's.. Once you complete one playthrough (there are around 30 main quests and over 100 side quests, so plenty, plenty to do) but once you unlock playthrough 2.0 (you can take your current character), all enemies become Elite characters and its flipping hard, but well worth it...
Ach points - Pretty much all of the cheevies can be gained through playing single player.. there are a couple of co-op ones (which you can get by doing splitscreen with someone else (if they are using their gamertag too) - Be warned, a couple of them require a lot of grinding! lol

Brief Thoughts - With well over 17m (yes 17m) variation of weapons, no 2 guns are the same... the game itself is quite gripping..Your being told to do things in the name of a greater good but no explanation why.. all will become clearer as you progress. you choose one of four classes, each with their own ability and skill tree (Think World of Warcraft as an FPS basically) and the characters you come across just make this game complete. theres 4 bits of DLC, each with their own achievements (one of which will take 20 hours.. Moxi's underdome, I'm looking at you...) but each DLC is totally different and not boring and IMO, well worth every penny!! This game can easily take over all your gaming time (as it did me) and its such a fun game to play.. You will want to do more side quests, finding what guns you can get....

Overall Score - I'd say a solid 8.5 out of 10 for me.... Well worth a look.. GOTY edition is out now with all DLC (Apart from one which came out a few weeks ago) so go get it if you havent already and be prepared to explore Pandora.....
Stucowie
Stucowie
Mildly Addicted
Mildly Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : Stucowie
Number of posts : 829
Registration date : 2010-10-27
TGD Reputation : 59
TGD Elite Member Points : 6033

http://gamingbyt-bo.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Mini Review: Borderlands Empty Re: Mini Review: Borderlands