The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer
The Games Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kid Friendly games which aren't kids games

+3
chrism1066
garymason72
Tenlo
7 posters

Go down

Kid Friendly games which aren't kids games Empty Kid Friendly games which aren't kids games

Post  Tenlo Mon Dec 26, 2011 5:15 pm

I must be getting older as I'm trying to be more responsible and not play some of the more violent games in front of my kids. However having perused through my game collection I've struck a problem. Most of my games are adult orientated ( as it seems most 360 games are which makes me wonder when I should let my boys have their own console, but thats a whole different topic) and the few that aren't tend to be RPG's which are just huge and long and can sometimes get a bit boring after awhile.

So having looked through the Game site, I can see Blur and possibly Transformers (which can someone let me know how violent that is and whether it counts as they're robots). But I really don't want to play kids games as they'd be too easy. I guess a few more Lego games woudln't hurt but other than that I'm a bt stumped, so if anyone knows of any non-kids kid friendly games worth playing please let me know, it'll keep me occupied in the day when my Zombie/FPS/horror games must stay on the shelf!!
Tenlo
Tenlo
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : Tenlo
Number of posts : 4825
Registration date : 2011-02-03
TGD Reputation : 187
TGD Elite Member Points : 11929

Back to top Go down

Kid Friendly games which aren't kids games Empty Re: Kid Friendly games which aren't kids games

Post  garymason72 Mon Dec 26, 2011 5:31 pm

As you said the lego games are brilliant fun for kids and for adults, plus there is loads of them now, so plenty of variety.

Maybe take a look at some of the super hero games Superman, iron man and such, they dont tend to be that good though. But you never really kill anybody in those games (except the bad guys that is).

Sports and music games are always good for none violent fun.
garymason72
garymason72
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : Garymason72
Number of posts : 2506
Registration date : 2009-02-16
TGD Reputation : 171
TGD Elite Member Points : 8344

Back to top Go down

Kid Friendly games which aren't kids games Empty Re: Kid Friendly games which aren't kids games

Post  chrism1066 Mon Dec 26, 2011 8:26 pm

I was gonna go for the Lego games too lol...or any cartoon based game, De blob2? any of the mario v sonic or Mario Kart style games

....or Viva piniata(sp) lol
chrism1066
chrism1066
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : Chrism1066
Number of posts : 1322
Registration date : 2009-03-04
TGD Reputation : 25
TGD Elite Member Points : 6936

http://z13.invisionfree.com/blue_oval_enthusiast/index.php?act=i

Back to top Go down

Post  GrahamOfTheDead Mon Dec 26, 2011 9:25 pm

Sonic Generations is one worth picking up. Nice and safe without being too easy.
GrahamOfTheDead
GrahamOfTheDead
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : GrahamOfTheDead
Number of posts : 4572
Registration date : 2009-10-30
TGD Reputation : 109
TGD Elite Member Points : 11080

Back to top Go down

Post  gambler6464 Mon Dec 26, 2011 10:51 pm

sports and racing games are always good and child friendy. On my lovefilm i have set up a list for my son and a list for me so i have always got a game he can play or i can play when hes about.
gambler6464
gambler6464
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : gambler6464
Number of posts : 1026
Registration date : 2010-09-07
TGD Reputation : 21
TGD Elite Member Points : 6166

Back to top Go down

Post  Sh00t3rmcgavin2 Tue Dec 27, 2011 9:01 am

I agree with the Lego games, I have loads but only played 1 so far that being Lego Pirates, great game which the kids will love!!
Sh00t3rmcgavin2
Sh00t3rmcgavin2
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : Sh00t3rmcgavin2
Number of posts : 1513
Registration date : 2011-12-21
TGD Reputation : 0
TGD Elite Member Points : 6171

Back to top Go down

Post  Tenlo Tue Dec 27, 2011 5:01 pm

I've shoved the Lego games up on my rental list for now as i picked up BLur and Rayman Orgins today so that should keep me occupied for awhile especially as my boys can play Rayman with me!
Tenlo
Tenlo
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:57 am

Is Rayman good then? Been toying with getting it for awhile now and seeing you're live status as "Synchronized swimming in the Sea of Serendipity" really made me smile Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Tenlo Tue Jan 03, 2012 12:15 pm

It is superb, once I've finished it I'm putting a review up, but if your a fan of platformers especially last gen or even megadrive/snes platformers you will love it. It's got that traditional really easy to get through about half the game but to finish it off you'll have to back track and pick up everything last thing to progress.

But I can't recommend it enough, easily one of the best games I've played in ages everything from the graphics to the music is just superb, if it had been released ata different time it would have been a huge success, as it is if you find it for under £20 pick it up its worth every penny!
Tenlo
Tenlo
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

Back to top Go down

Post  destinywars Sat Jan 14, 2012 2:15 am

Rayman origins is awesome, like playing a cartoon and its fun and challenging to play!

destinywars
unaddicted
unaddicted

XBOX Gamertag : destinywars
Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2012-01-13
TGD Reputation : 0
TGD Elite Member Points : 4501

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down