The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer
The Games Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

November's Games with Gold games announced!!! (free 360 games)

+8
Waggly Bean
TreeMunky
Gabhlan
GrahamOfTheDead
stubbymite
Ba5sett
FoxyBoy89
KENT HAMMER
12 posters

Go down

November's Games with Gold games announced!!! (free 360 games) Empty November's Games with Gold games announced!!! (free 360 games)

Post  KENT HAMMER Thu Oct 31, 2013 11:41 pm

Seeing that it's the end of the month, most gamers are wondering what's in store for them for November. Starting from November 1st through November 15th, gamers will be able to pick up A World of Keflings for free! It is originally priced at $9.99

You will be able to pick up Iron Brigade starting November 16th through November 30th, originally priced at $9.99. So in total that's a savings of $20 for November if you don't own either of these games.

Both games have separate DLC that completionists will need to purchase if they want to fully "complete" the games, but it is two free games after all....and really, who here cares that much about completion percentage?

So there we have, even worse than I had imagined was possible!

In the interest of fairness, here is what you get on playstation for free in November-

Free as of October 23:

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance
Remember Me
Oddworld Strangers Wrath
MotorStorm RC
Leaving PS Plus as of October 23:

Far Cry 3
Mafia 2
Spec Ops The Line (NBA 2K13 in UAE)
Street Fighter X Tekken
Touch My Katamari

I rest my case.

I know they are free but it just looks bad and I do personally favour xbox as my console of choice,this is why it pisses me off!

It would look better to give nothing, say "we are XBOX, we are awesome and everything we make has value"
KENT HAMMER
KENT HAMMER
Site Owner & Admin
Site Owner & Admin

XBOX Gamertag : KENT HAMMER
Number of posts : 13824
Registration date : 2009-01-05
TGD Reputation : 578
TGD Elite Member Points : 25611

https://www.youtube.com/TheGamesDenTV

Back to top Go down

November's Games with Gold games announced!!! (free 360 games) Empty Re: November's Games with Gold games announced!!! (free 360 games)

Post  FoxyBoy89 Fri Nov 01, 2013 12:07 am

As if play station get Metal Gear!!! Sad that's so unfair!!!
FoxyBoy89
FoxyBoy89
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : FoxyBoy89
Number of posts : 1153
Registration date : 2012-05-28
TGD Reputation : 0
TGD Elite Member Points : 5755

Back to top Go down

November's Games with Gold games announced!!! (free 360 games) Empty Re: November's Games with Gold games announced!!! (free 360 games)

Post  Ba5sett Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:17 am

Free games are good regardless of what they are but I haven't even bothered with any of the games for gold , feels a bit like a missed opportunity to me
Ba5sett
Ba5sett
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : Ba5sett
Number of posts : 3288
Registration date : 2009-09-18
TGD Reputation : 58
TGD Elite Member Points : 9057

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbymite Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:50 am

wow thats a tad ridiculous

Think MS has defo dropped a bollock here.

PS are giving us great value for money and almost filled my HD I have that many to play through Smile 
stubbymite
stubbymite
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : StubbyMite
Number of posts : 4312
Registration date : 2010-05-21
TGD Reputation : 90
TGD Elite Member Points : 10048

Back to top Go down

Post  GrahamOfTheDead Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:44 am

I already have both of those games. They're both great.

I can understand people not being happy when you compare the two console's offerings, but I just find it really sad that we're at a stage in gaming now where people are getting stuff that MS don't HAVE to offer and they're still complaining. It's attitudes like this (among other things) that are driving me further and further away from gaming.
GrahamOfTheDead
GrahamOfTheDead
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : GrahamOfTheDead
Number of posts : 4572
Registration date : 2009-10-30
TGD Reputation : 109
TGD Elite Member Points : 11075

Back to top Go down

Post  KENT HAMMER Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:08 am

GrahamOfTheDead wrote:I already have both of those games. They're both great.

I can understand people not being happy when you compare the two console's offerings, but I just find it really sad that we're at a stage in gaming now where people are getting stuff that MS don't HAVE to offer and they're still complaining. It's attitudes like this (among other things) that are driving me further and further away from gaming.
Dude, don't worry about people having different opinions to you.

I am only showing up the huge difference between the offerings, I am sure they are good games, I might even play one at some point.
They are just arcade games though so its hard not to look at how piss poor the offering is when compared to PS.

In fact we would be a pretty poor site for not pointing out the far better offer.

As much as I prefer and love 360, you would be a fool to buy one if you were just starting out in gaming now as if you get a PS3 and PS+ then you get enough free games to NEVER bother buying one ever again. Can you do that on 360???

Just enjoy gaming for the reasons you love it and never let people's opinions bother you. Very Happy 
KENT HAMMER
KENT HAMMER
Site Owner & Admin
Site Owner & Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:24 am

excellent

2 titles I have never bought or played

free stuff ftw

Back to top Go down

Post  Gabhlan Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:24 am

I have neither so it's a double win for me this month.
Gabhlan
Gabhlan
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : Gabhlan
Number of posts : 2395
Registration date : 2009-03-24
TGD Reputation : 31
TGD Elite Member Points : 8129

Back to top Go down

Post  TreeMunky Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:42 am

Double win here too cheers 
TreeMunky
TreeMunky
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : TreeMunky
Number of posts : 1773
Registration date : 2012-01-30
TGD Reputation : 28
TGD Elite Member Points : 6681

Back to top Go down

Post  Ba5sett Fri Nov 01, 2013 12:08 pm

Xbox live has been far and away the best online gaming service for consoles since it was launched, but psn is improving and offering amazing value for money with ps+ I guess I'm just a little disappointed that ms haven't stepped up to stamp down their authority as number one having been a user of Xbox live for a very long time
Ba5sett
Ba5sett
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : Ba5sett
Number of posts : 3288
Registration date : 2009-09-18
TGD Reputation : 58
TGD Elite Member Points : 9057

Back to top Go down

Post  KENT HAMMER Fri Nov 01, 2013 4:52 pm

Ba5sett wrote:Xbox live has been far and away the best online gaming service for consoles since it was launched, but psn is improving and offering amazing value for money with ps+ I guess I'm just a little disappointed that ms haven't stepped up to stamp down their authority as number one having been a user of Xbox live for a very long time
Thankyou.

Wise words and my exact view
KENT HAMMER
KENT HAMMER
Site Owner & Admin
Site Owner & Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Waggly Bean Fri Nov 01, 2013 5:00 pm

KENT HAMMER wrote:
It would look better to give nothing, say "we are XBOX, we are awesome and everything we make has value"
I disagree.

Side by side with PS+, yes it looks crap, but I guarantee most people won't be comparing the two services side by side. I'm sure the majority of households with a 360 don't have a PS3, and vice versa. Those people will look and see a free game, and just think "cool, thanks Microsoft'.

I like Games with Gold. Yes it could be better, but I won't complain at free. Wink
Waggly Bean
Waggly Bean
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : Waggly Bean
Number of posts : 3382
Registration date : 2011-04-21
TGD Reputation : 22
TGD Elite Member Points : 8535

Back to top Go down

Post  Tenlo Fri Nov 01, 2013 7:55 pm

I must admit, sometimes it is quality over quantity as although thats a lot of free games on PS+ I struggle with my backlog as it is. Even the games that MS have given us so far I've not even completed yet! Plus everyone should play KEflings as they are amazingly fun and addictive games and Iron Brigade is the one Tim Schaefer game I havent played yet so win for me!!
Tenlo
Tenlo
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : Tenlo
Number of posts : 4825
Registration date : 2011-02-03
TGD Reputation : 187
TGD Elite Member Points : 11924

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:01 am

well I started Keflings and after 30 mins I stopped

Am I missing something?
It was utter incomprehensible shite

So I get to use my avatar whoopee
Collect bits to build other bits in a completely un intelligent style?

Am I playing the same game as everyone else as to me it was dreadful

Back to top Go down

Post  Waggly Bean Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:07 pm

Everton wrote:well I started Keflings and after 30 mins I stopped

Am I missing something?
It was utter incomprehensible shite

So I get to use my avatar whoopee
Collect bits to build other bits in a completely un intelligent style?

Am I playing the same game as everyone else as to me it was dreadful
It's more of a relaxed game. Do you like Civilization / Caesar / the Settlers type games? This is pretty much a simplified version of that. I've had a lot of fun with it, but then again I've only played it in co-op so can't comment on the single player.
Waggly Bean
Waggly Bean
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

Back to top Go down

Post  Stevilinho Sun Nov 10, 2013 4:40 pm

haha the playstation debate always comes up and then us xbox people have to remind them that there only rentals, if your ps plus sub runs out you lose those games unless you resub, yes there great games but on the xbox you keep them forever

bought a world of keflings in the xmas sale and havent played it yet Razz , will try iron brigade for sure see what its like
Stevilinho
Stevilinho
unaddicted
unaddicted

XBOX Gamertag : Stevilinho
Number of posts : 378
Registration date : 2010-10-10
TGD Reputation : 1
TGD Elite Member Points : 5400

Back to top Go down

Post  Waggly Bean Sat Nov 16, 2013 1:39 pm

Just bumping this to point out that Iron Brigade is now available for free. Wink
Waggly Bean
Waggly Bean
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

Back to top Go down

Post  Fatboy Geezer Sat Nov 16, 2013 2:38 pm

I have maxed iron brigade, absolutely loved it!!!

If anyone needs a hand on it (which you most likely will) I'll be more than happy to join in
Fatboy Geezer
Fatboy Geezer
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : Fatboy Geezer
Number of posts : 2861
Registration date : 2013-06-19
TGD Reputation : 65
TGD Elite Member Points : 7452

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Nov 16, 2013 2:54 pm

Iron brigade is the first free game I have actually got hyped up for.

Back to top Go down

Post  Stevilinho Mon Nov 18, 2013 2:22 am

hmm unless i missed this on the dash they havent mentioned it, thanks for the heads up will certainly add it to my que next time im on cheers 
Stevilinho
Stevilinho
unaddicted
unaddicted

XBOX Gamertag : Stevilinho
Number of posts : 378
Registration date : 2010-10-10
TGD Reputation : 1
TGD Elite Member Points : 5400

Back to top Go down

Post  mosher666 Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:41 am

Has anyone played the dlc as wondering whether its worth getting?
mosher666
mosher666
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : Mosher666
Number of posts : 1355
Registration date : 2010-09-09
TGD Reputation : 80
TGD Elite Member Points : 6748

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum