The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer
The Games Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monkey Island 2 SE is even better than Monkey Island SE

3 posters

Go down

Monkey Island 2 SE is even better than Monkey Island SE Empty Monkey Island 2 SE is even better than Monkey Island SE

Post  ArcadeThrowback Sun Jul 11, 2010 8:47 am

I have a BIG soft spot for the Monkey Island games. Monkey Island 2 was the first PC game I ever bought and the Bounty Box Set was the first series of games the wife and I ever played together, when we first met a decade ago.

I absolutely loved Monkey Island Special Edition. The new art work was a bit hit and miss (some scenes that were previously animated now aren't), but the voice overs really bring the adventure to life. Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge Special Edition is even better. It has everything that was good about the previous special edition, plus some brilliant new features like direct character control, better action and inventory systems and commentry from the original creators, including Tim Schafer and Ron Gilbert. Also, you can now listen to the voiceovers with the original graphics, which you couldn't do befor. Personally I'm not that attached to the low resolution, artifact-ridden VGA graphics of yore, but it's nice they've thought about those that are.

This is 800MSP of brilliantly updated retro gaming heaven.
ArcadeThrowback
ArcadeThrowback
unaddicted
unaddicted

XBOX Gamertag : Unknown
Number of posts : 309
Registration date : 2009-01-31
TGD Reputation : 16
TGD Elite Member Points : 5953

http://www.ArcadeThrowback.BlogSpot.com

Back to top Go down

Monkey Island 2 SE is even better than Monkey Island SE Empty Re: Monkey Island 2 SE is even better than Monkey Island SE

Post  GrahamOfTheDead Sun Jul 11, 2010 9:50 am

Maxed out both of them......still dip into the first game every now and then, just to wander around and stuff......will probably do the same with this one.

Lucasarts needs to do give Full Throttle and The Dig the same treatment.
GrahamOfTheDead
GrahamOfTheDead
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : GrahamOfTheDead
Number of posts : 4572
Registration date : 2009-10-30
TGD Reputation : 109
TGD Elite Member Points : 11075

Back to top Go down

Monkey Island 2 SE is even better than Monkey Island SE Empty Re: Monkey Island 2 SE is even better than Monkey Island SE

Post  Gabhlan Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:15 am

never likeed full throttle that much but The Dig was cool. Would love to see that one done again and Day of Tentacle.
Gabhlan
Gabhlan
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : Gabhlan
Number of posts : 2395
Registration date : 2009-03-24
TGD Reputation : 31
TGD Elite Member Points : 8129

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down