The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer
The Games Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is anybody else excited about monkey island being re-release

+3
minkey_monkey
Spear2005
Gambei
7 posters

Go down

Is anybody else excited about monkey island being re-release Empty Is anybody else excited about monkey island being re-released?

Post  Gambei Thu Jun 25, 2009 1:40 pm

Monkey Island was my favourite game when I was a child. I first played it on the Atari st, many years ago. It is now getting a release on Xbox live arcade with improved sound and graphics. I for one am really looking forward to this game being released, is anybody else as excited about this as I am?
Gambei
Gambei
unaddicted
unaddicted

XBOX Gamertag : Gambei
Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2009-06-21
TGD Reputation : 1
TGD Elite Member Points : 5456

Back to top Go down

Is anybody else excited about monkey island being re-release Empty Re: Is anybody else excited about monkey island being re-release

Post  Guest Thu Jun 25, 2009 2:03 pm

I spent many hours on the Curse of monkey island among other one's and I think it'll be good to get back into it, especially if they are going to include achievement points lol it'll just make a great game even better imho.

Back to top Go down

Is anybody else excited about monkey island being re-release Empty Re: Is anybody else excited about monkey island being re-release

Post  Spear2005 Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:58 pm

This is going to be a great game when it comes out and it will have achievements too so that's going to be a bonus :0)
Spear2005
Spear2005
unaddicted
unaddicted

XBOX Gamertag : Spear2005
Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2009-06-17
TGD Reputation : 0
TGD Elite Member Points : 5450

Back to top Go down

Post  minkey_monkey Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:05 pm

1 word - AWESOME!

haha
minkey_monkey
minkey_monkey
Games Den Moderator
Games Den Moderator

XBOX Gamertag : Minkey M0nkey
Number of posts : 8100
Registration date : 2009-05-12
TGD Reputation : 204
TGD Elite Member Points : 14202

Back to top Go down

Post  paradox Sat Jun 27, 2009 11:22 am

cant.fecking.wait.

think that just about covers it lol

thing is though all these retro games are held in high regard as i remember them, but i just know when it comes out were all gonna be slightly dissapointed, its always the same, speedball2 was the most awesome game on the amiga, yet after a short play when it came out i was all "meh"
same with swos and all the others, its a shame but i think a lot of the older games should stay where they are, in our minds as very fond memories and not ruined by us comparing them to the new games we all have now, we dont intend to compare them, but we do none the less.

paradox
unaddicted
unaddicted

XBOX Gamertag : uk paradox
Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2009-06-23
TGD Reputation : 2
TGD Elite Member Points : 5460

Back to top Go down

Post  ArcadeThrowback Sun Jun 28, 2009 8:59 pm

Put it this way, if I don't buy it within hours of its release, the wife will. The Monkey Island series were the first games we ever played together. Little did we know all those years ago that our shared love of gaming would eventually lead to us wasting 2 years playing WoW.
ArcadeThrowback
ArcadeThrowback
unaddicted
unaddicted

XBOX Gamertag : Unknown
Number of posts : 309
Registration date : 2009-01-31
TGD Reputation : 16
TGD Elite Member Points : 5965

http://www.ArcadeThrowback.BlogSpot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  paradox Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:29 am

never quite understood how somebody can become so obsessed with a computer game?! it must be pretty good though as all the stories of people having their lives sucked up all involve WoW somewhere lol

that said, sacred to has been compared to WoW on console, one of RL friends on my friends list even said it was better last night than WoW Shocked
so i'm popping down to game shortly and picking up a copy along with a gold sub lol

paradox
unaddicted
unaddicted

Back to top Go down

Post  minkey_monkey Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:36 pm

paradox wrote:never quite understood how somebody can become so obsessed with a computer game?! it must be pretty good though as all the stories of people having their lives sucked up all involve WoW somewhere lol

that said, sacred to has been compared to WoW on console, one of RL friends on my friends list even said it was better last night than WoW Shocked
so i'm popping down to game shortly and picking up a copy along with a gold sub lol

My mum had a friend who's wife is now divorcing him because he literally spent all his time on WOW and building guilds etc... a bit sad really. I bet he hasn't even noticed that she's gone.
minkey_monkey
minkey_monkey
Games Den Moderator
Games Den Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  paradox Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:20 am

he will when the dishes and dirty clothes start piling up lol!

paradox
unaddicted
unaddicted

Back to top Go down

Is anybody else excited about monkey island being re-release Empty IAM RUBBER YOU ARE GLUE

Post  XXJAMESBONDX Thu Jul 02, 2009 6:56 pm

GREAT NEWS spent many an hour playing the two monkeys one things for sure wont miss the endless disk swapping!! and we were lucky to have two disk drives. Does anyone remember the first point and click for the amiga it was called LOOM made by the same guy, the main characters last name was threadbearer hense the threepwood name in the monkeys

XXJAMESBONDX
unaddicted
unaddicted

XBOX Gamertag : xxjamesbondx
Registration date : 2009-02-12
TGD Reputation : 0
TGD Elite Member Points : 5598

Back to top Go down

Post  kenyanscott Sat Jul 04, 2009 11:30 am

i happy its back!! great game usd to play it on the pc all the time.

that said people are talking about WoW - i was an addict! my missus and me fell out major big time, i used to spend so much time playing that game.

its a legal addiction - so much money is made by people being sucked in to the never ending quests, guilds, raids, dungeon runs!! if only they had an mmo like that fro xbox! haha
kenyanscott
kenyanscott
unaddicted
unaddicted

XBOX Gamertag : kenyanscott
Number of posts : 115
Registration date : 2009-05-18
TGD Reputation : 6
TGD Elite Member Points : 5621

Back to top Go down

Post  minkey_monkey Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:11 am

SOOOOOOOO who got it. 800 points is quite a decent price, was expecting it to be 1200. Not had a chance to get properly stuck in to it yet but so far it's bringing back good memory's and the graphics are pretty good. Like the option to play it 'retro' lol
minkey_monkey
minkey_monkey
Games Den Moderator
Games Den Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Gambei Tue Jul 21, 2009 1:29 pm

I got it. It kicked ass. I've played through it once already, but I missed two achievements so I may have to play through it again.
Gambei
Gambei
unaddicted
unaddicted

XBOX Gamertag : Gambei
Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2009-06-21
TGD Reputation : 1
TGD Elite Member Points : 5456

Back to top Go down

Post  ArcadeThrowback Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:25 pm

Me. I sunk about 4 hours into over the weekend - which for me is a lot.

I like the way they've updated this. Improved controls, improved artwork (although curiously, not animation) and some brilliant voice work, which for me makes all the difference.
ArcadeThrowback
ArcadeThrowback
unaddicted
unaddicted

XBOX Gamertag : Unknown
Number of posts : 309
Registration date : 2009-01-31
TGD Reputation : 16
TGD Elite Member Points : 5965

http://www.ArcadeThrowback.BlogSpot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  minkey_monkey Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:17 pm

I'm now 25% thought and apart from a couple of characters (mainly Stan the boat man) I'm loving it. I never liked Stan he bugs me and his coat is to crazy, a little out of place with the nice graphics.
minkey_monkey
minkey_monkey
Games Den Moderator
Games Den Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum