The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer
The Games Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Prison Break: The Conspiracy a Zootfly Game

2 posters

Go down

Prison Break: The Conspiracy a Zootfly Game Empty Prison Break: The Conspiracy a Zootfly Game

Post  Ba5sett Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:03 pm

Prison Break: The Conspiracy a Zootfly Game Moz-screenshot-2Prison Break: The Conspiracy a Zootfly Game Mkhcwk

Prison Break: The Conspiracy Review

Developed by Zootfly

Published by Deep Silver

Review by Ba5sett

Prison Break: The conspiracy is a stealth action game based on the popular television show.

The game is set during the first season of the show in which brilliant structural engineer Michael Scofield gets himself thrown into prison with the intention of breaking himself and his wrongly accused brother Lincoln Burrows out. You play Tom Paxton, an agent for the mysterious ‘Company’ whose task is to observe and report on Scofield’s behavior and try to work out what he is up to.

Prison Break: The Conspiracy a Zootfly Game M7q3ig

The gameplay is mainly made up of stealth sections where you need to sneak from point A to point B without being seen, there are also some fighting sections either as random fights around the prison or organised fights for cash. The stealth sections will be pretty familiar to anyone that has played the likes of Metal Gear Solid or Splinter Cell with a few exceptions. If you get caught you have to go back to the start of the section, there are no chase mechanics or ways to get away. There are no light or dark mechanics so you can’t lurk around in the shadows to avoid being seen the only way to avoid detection is to hide behind walls and scenery. Also there are no takedowns or other cool things like being able to take out lights to stay hidden. The guard AI is pretty woolly which doesn’t help things, sometimes you can walk right past them without them batting an eyelid whereas sometimes they will spot you from miles away. The stealth sections are occasionally broken up by mini games that require you to pick a lock or unscrew a grate before being discovered.

The fighting sections are similarly basic, fights take place from an over the shoulder third person perspective. You have 3 moves: light punch, heavy punch and block. There seems to be little strategy involved in the fighting and most encounters can be beaten by simply mashing away at the light punch button. You can improve your fighting skills by taking part in basic weight lifting or punch bag mini games in the prison yard, this upgrades your characters strength rather than giving you any new abilities to use. The final variation in gameplay comes in the form of quicktime events, usually completely out of the blue leading you to die on your first attempt as you unexpectedly have to start mashing buttons without warning. I’m not really a fan of quicktime events anyway and the ones in this game didn’t do anything to change my mind.

Prison Break: The Conspiracy a Zootfly Game 16je91l

The tasks that you are given throughout the game loosely tie in to the events of the first season of the show, unfortunately such an eventful and action packed show doesn’t really leave us with much room to fit an interesting video game around. I’m guessing that most of the people that play this game will be fans of prison break which means that they will already know exactly what is going to happen way before it does and it also renders many of the tasks that you are given throughout the game meaningless before you have even started. There are sections where your story crosses paths with Michael Scofield in sections obviously designed to give you a glimpse of the prison break story from another perspective but all theyreally serve to do is to remind you that there is something much more interesting going on in the prison that you aren’t part of.

In addition to the main story of the game you can take part in underground fights organised by the guards, this earns you cash which you can spend on tattoo’s (and only tattoo’s). I actually only remembered about the fights and tattoo’s when I looked at the achievements they don’t
actually add anything significant to the gameplay. You can also take part in multiplayer fights but I can’t see that anyone would want to do this given the bare bones nature of the combat system.

Prison Break: The Conspiracy a Zootfly Game 4j89b9

The prison itself looks ok and fans of the show will enjoy seeing the familiar locations, character models on the whole are fairly decent and the characters are recognisable from the tv show. Sometimes the graphics look ok but are often let down but scruffy textures and bad shadows. The audio is somewhat better than the graphics with the tense music from the show featuring prominently along with many of the main characters being voiced by the original actors from the tv series.

In conclusion I can see little to recommend this game for aside from an easy gamerscore boost, fans of the series will probably get a kick out of being able to wander around the Fox River prison and being able to interact with familiar characters from the show but the plot doesn’t add anything new or interesting to the tale that was shown on TV five years ago. Up against the likes of Batman Arkham Asylum and the forthcoming Splinter Cell Conviction in the stealth / action genre I’m afraid that Prison Break: The Conspiracy doesn’t really make the grade.

Overall 4 / 10
Ba5sett
Ba5sett
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : Ba5sett
Number of posts : 3288
Registration date : 2009-09-18
TGD Reputation : 58
TGD Elite Member Points : 9056

Back to top Go down

Prison Break: The Conspiracy a Zootfly Game Empty Re: Prison Break: The Conspiracy a Zootfly Game

Post  Guest Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:18 pm

Such a shame they messed this up. Am sure the concept of the show would make a good game Shocked

Back to top Go down

Prison Break: The Conspiracy a Zootfly Game Empty Re: Prison Break: The Conspiracy a Zootfly Game

Post  Ba5sett Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:24 pm

Yeah, a game about breaking out of prison would have been pretty cool!
Ba5sett
Ba5sett
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : Ba5sett
Number of posts : 3288
Registration date : 2009-09-18
TGD Reputation : 58
TGD Elite Member Points : 9056

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:29 pm

I really like Prisoner of War on the PS2 so was hoping for something with that degree of challenge to it. Still gonna try this when it drops in price a bit Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Espee66 Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:15 pm

I think i'll give this one a miss , thanks for the review .

Espee66
unaddicted
unaddicted

XBOX Gamertag : Espee66
Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2009-05-16
TGD Reputation : 0
TGD Elite Member Points : 5482

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down