The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer
The Games Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Facebook, SKY & Twitter on the XBOX

+7
minkey_monkey
nate23 the man
Artois
monders
garymason72
Kev Lar 1
KENT HAMMER
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Facebook, SKY & Twitter on the XBOX - Page 2 Empty Facebook, SKY & Twitter on the XBOX

Post  KENT HAMMER Wed May 27, 2009 1:33 pm

First topic message reminder :

hope this is true!
I love my SKY+ and my 360, so this would be a marriage made in heaven and would truly kill off the PS3 this gen.
KENT HAMMER
KENT HAMMER
Site Owner & Admin
Site Owner & Admin

XBOX Gamertag : KENT HAMMER
Number of posts : 13825
Registration date : 2009-01-05
TGD Reputation : 578
TGD Elite Member Points : 25634

https://www.youtube.com/TheGamesDenTV

Back to top Go down

Facebook, SKY & Twitter on the XBOX - Page 2 Empty Re: Facebook, SKY & Twitter on the XBOX

Post  minkey_monkey Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:41 pm

I was wondering what had happened about this as it was originally supposed to come out on the 15th of September if I'm not mistaken.

Good find! Been trying to find a bit more info about this for a while now Smile
Should be interesting. Hopefully it won't screw with the xbox to much as some of the updates seem to have effected a little recently Sad

Facebook could be good. Twitter on the other hand... wish that wasn't in with it. I hate twitter lol

minkey_monkey
Games Den Moderator
Games Den Moderator

Number of posts : 8100
Registration date : 2009-05-12

Back to top Go down

Facebook, SKY & Twitter on the XBOX - Page 2 Empty Re: Facebook, SKY & Twitter on the XBOX

Post  msross Sat Oct 10, 2009 11:33 pm

seems its November 17th for the facebook & twitter updates..

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

lets hope its not mandatory.
msross
msross
unaddicted
unaddicted

XBOX Gamertag : msross
Number of posts : 362
Registration date : 2009-07-16
TGD Reputation : 20
TGD Elite Member Points : 5831

Back to top Go down

Post  minkey_monkey Sat Oct 10, 2009 11:43 pm

I'm going to guess at yes, it probably will be. Either that or it will harass you every time you turn the thing on.
minkey_monkey
minkey_monkey
Games Den Moderator
Games Den Moderator

XBOX Gamertag : Minkey M0nkey
Number of posts : 8100
Registration date : 2009-05-12
TGD Reputation : 204
TGD Elite Member Points : 14212

Back to top Go down

Post  msross Sun Oct 11, 2009 12:12 am

monkeys_rock wrote:I'm going to guess at yes, it probably will be. Either that or it will harass you every time you turn the thing on.

I meant the having to use it, or seeing other peoples immediate updates.. rather than the xbox update itself.
msross
msross
unaddicted
unaddicted

Back to top Go down

Post  palindromic BOB Sun Oct 11, 2009 8:46 am

Can't see it forcing you to use it to be fair. It's just a gimmick. Although it raises the question. If they they can bring facebook and twitter why not just bite the bullet and give us a browser?
palindromic BOB
palindromic BOB
Mildly Addicted
Mildly Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : Palindromic Bob
Number of posts : 996
Registration date : 2009-01-27
TGD Reputation : 63
TGD Elite Member Points : 6793

Back to top Go down

Post  msross Sun Oct 11, 2009 9:42 am

palindromic BOB wrote:Can't see it forcing you to use it to be fair. It's just a gimmick. Although it raises the question. If they they can bring facebook and twitter why not just bite the bullet and give us a browser?

security risks I'd say. (both for MS & end user)
the browser would be IE based. - do you really want to have to run antivirus on your 360 for browsing?

and then there's plug-in support that people would want.. people would want flash on it, or PDFs or any of the other odd formats that hang around on the interweb and people would then moan they cant open word files on their 360..

if you need to browse using the 360, you can do it with a media center PC as the server and link it through that, and because it runs on the PC and not on the 360 (its turns the 360 into a display/input unit only), then the security is already on your PC..

besides, dunno if you tried it on the wii, its awful, webpages really arn't designed to be read for fairly long distances away, and increasing the size mucks up the page layouts.
msross
msross
unaddicted
unaddicted

Back to top Go down

Post  palindromic BOB Mon Oct 12, 2009 5:36 pm

msross wrote:
palindromic BOB wrote:Can't see it forcing you to use it to be fair. It's just a gimmick. Although it raises the question. If they they can bring facebook and twitter why not just bite the bullet and give us a browser?

security risks I'd say. (both for MS & end user)
the browser would be IE based. - do you really want to have to run antivirus on your 360 for browsing?

and then there's plug-in support that people would want.. people would want flash on it, or PDFs or any of the other odd formats that hang around on the interweb and people would then moan they cant open word files on their 360..

if you need to browse using the 360, you can do it with a media center PC as the server and link it through that, and because it runs on the PC and not on the 360 (its turns the 360 into a display/input unit only), then the security is already on your PC..

besides, dunno if you tried it on the wii, its awful, webpages really arn't designed to be read for fairly long distances away, and increasing the size mucks up the page layouts.

I think the Wii does decent job. Great for watching iplayer.
palindromic BOB
palindromic BOB
Mildly Addicted
Mildly Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : Palindromic Bob
Number of posts : 996
Registration date : 2009-01-27
TGD Reputation : 63
TGD Elite Member Points : 6793

Back to top Go down

Facebook, SKY & Twitter on the XBOX - Page 2 Empty Date confirmed for Facebook and Twitter......no wait they've taken it off

Post  nate23 the man Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:45 pm

I got wind of this on loads of different sites but I had a look on the xbox site and it had a date for facebook and twitter.........November 17th. Now I checked it again today and its been changed to Autumn. Now I can understand why they've changed it, I mean who likes working on a deadline but surely......surely they are aiming for Nov 17th?????? Or did someone not get the memo and put the date up by accident?? Either way I believe we'll be seeing this bad boy drop in the next 4-6 weeks.
nate23 the man
nate23 the man
unaddicted
unaddicted

XBOX Gamertag : nate23 the man
Number of posts : 140
Registration date : 2009-04-21
TGD Reputation : 10
TGD Elite Member Points : 5811

Back to top Go down

Post  Mister Blade Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:50 pm

Found this on a site.

The next Xbox 360 dashboard update, which will include Facebook, Twitter and Last.FM integration, is going into public beta later this month, according to a Microsoft representative at today's Microsoft Open House event in New York City.

Jennifer Puzio-Brookes, an Entertainment Manager for Xbox, showed off the update in a behind-closed-doors session, and it seemed to include all of the major features promised in Microsoft's E3 press conference. Puzio-Brookes mentioned that a public beta will be released "middle-towards-end of October."

Like the last dashboard update public beta, this one will include invites to certain members of the Xbox community. There will also be early access to the new features for members of the press, but the exact timing for that access hasn't been locked down.

Check back soon for impressions of Facebook running on the Xbox 360. For real this time (unlike that canned Felicia Day demo).
Mister Blade
Mister Blade
Mildly Addicted
Mildly Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : Mister Blade
Number of posts : 660
Registration date : 2009-04-15
TGD Reputation : 30
TGD Elite Member Points : 6236

Back to top Go down

Post  Virus25061984 Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:20 am

The Sky idea is great. I really dont like the idea of this facebook nonsense coming onto a console for gaming though. If i was that bothered about people i know i'd call them and see whats going down, not read stupid status updates Evil or Very Mad
Virus25061984
Virus25061984
unaddicted
unaddicted

XBOX Gamertag : Virus25061984
Number of posts : 112
Registration date : 2009-08-12
TGD Reputation : 9
TGD Elite Member Points : 5556

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Oct 15, 2009 12:24 pm

Anyone wanting to try out the new dashboard with Facebook, Twitter and Last FM can apply to be in the testing program.http://majornelson.com/Default.aspx

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2