The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer
The Games Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Facebook, SKY & Twitter on the XBOX

+7
minkey_monkey
nate23 the man
Artois
monders
garymason72
Kev Lar 1
KENT HAMMER
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Facebook, SKY & Twitter on the XBOX Empty Facebook, SKY & Twitter on the XBOX

Post  KENT HAMMER Wed May 27, 2009 1:33 pm

hope this is true!
I love my SKY+ and my 360, so this would be a marriage made in heaven and would truly kill off the PS3 this gen.
KENT HAMMER
KENT HAMMER
Site Owner & Admin
Site Owner & Admin

XBOX Gamertag : KENT HAMMER
Number of posts : 13825
Registration date : 2009-01-05
TGD Reputation : 578
TGD Elite Member Points : 25622

https://www.youtube.com/TheGamesDenTV

Back to top Go down

Facebook, SKY & Twitter on the XBOX Empty Re: Facebook, SKY & Twitter on the XBOX

Post  Kev Lar 1 Wed May 27, 2009 1:40 pm

I'm not sure about this. I think that a games console should just be for games and nothing else, if you keep adding things then that's when things will surely go wrong.
Kev Lar 1
Kev Lar 1
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : Kev Lar 1
Number of posts : 3259
Registration date : 2009-01-26
TGD Reputation : 70
TGD Elite Member Points : 9461

Back to top Go down

Facebook, SKY & Twitter on the XBOX Empty Re: Facebook, SKY & Twitter on the XBOX

Post  KENT HAMMER Wed May 27, 2009 1:43 pm

More options brings in more people!
I just want to be able to get skyone shows like LOST on my 360, plus to be able to watch prem league games etc
KENT HAMMER
KENT HAMMER
Site Owner & Admin
Site Owner & Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed May 27, 2009 9:29 pm

I must be missing something. I don't see what the benefit is. Presumably you'd have to be a sky subscriber and if you're a subscriber you can watch the games already through your sky box that is probably hooked up to the same TV.

Back to top Go down

Post  garymason72 Wed May 27, 2009 10:06 pm

i too dont really see the appeal, i have a sky+ box i dont need it to come through my xbox, but on the other hand it does possibly open the door to future projects between sky and microsoft, i think i will watch this space
garymason72
garymason72
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : Garymason72
Number of posts : 2506
Registration date : 2009-02-16
TGD Reputation : 171
TGD Elite Member Points : 8349

Back to top Go down

Post  monders Thu May 28, 2009 10:18 am

I'm with VM, so it will make no odds to me most probs!
monders
monders
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

Number of posts : 1460
Registration date : 2009-03-30
TGD Reputation : 46
TGD Elite Member Points : 7127

http://www.flickr.com/photos/thatnicelee/

Back to top Go down

Post  monders Thu May 28, 2009 3:03 pm

Press Release

Millions of entertainment fans will soon have the way they watch TV transformed, as Xbox 360 and Sky announce a ground-breaking partnership which will enable, for the first time ever, premium live television to be watched through a games console.
In a UK and Ireland first, Sky Player, Sky’s online TV service, will come to Xbox LIVE in the autumn, allowing Xbox owners to access a range of channels and programmes to either view live or on-demand.

Details of the full channel line-up will be revealed closer to launch, but it is anticipated that Xbox LIVE users will be able to access blockbuster movies, must-see entertainment shows, thought-provoking documentaries, programming dedicated to kids, music and the arts, as well as all the excitement of Premier League football, Test Match cricket and a wide variety of other sports through Sky Sports.

The news, officially unveiled today in Central London by Sky Sports News Georgie Thompson, reveals there will be a number of viewing options.

For a new customer joining Sky through their Xbox, Sky Player will offer a wide range of live channels and on-demand content via a number of different packages. These customers will also be able to access their favourite shows on a pay-per-view basis.
Existing Sky customers who already own an Xbox will benefit from another way to view their favourite shows, in addition to their Sky set-top box and PC or Mac

There will be a range of unique interactive services available to the Xbox LIVE / Sky Player offering. For Sky Sports, for example, this will mean that live coverage will be supported by range of applications to enhance the viewing experience further. As well as fans being able to communicate with one another in real time via their broadband connections, they will also be able to check news and access fixtures, league tables and other on-demand information. Interactive applications will also be developed across other programmes genres.

Stephen Nuttall, Director of Sky’s Commercial Group comments:” Our partnership with Xbox is a further example of our commitment to put choice and control in the hands of customers. Xbox owners now have a range of ways to access Sky content and can pick and choose the platform and packages that are right for them. We are extremely excited about the opportunity of reaching Xbox owners who are looking to experience Sky for the first time, as well as giving our existing customers yet another way to experience the content they love.”

Echoing this, Neil Thompson, Head of Xbox UK and Ireland, adds: “Our customers have told us that they want the opportunity to use their consoles as a way to access TV and once again Xbox has pulled off an entertainment first with amazing content and rich interactive experience. The combination of Sky’s leadership in content creation and aggregation and our own in creating a constantly evolving new generation of rich 360 entertainment experiences means we are one step closer to our goal of offering Xbox owners the best entertainment experiences out there, whether it’s movies, music, games, interactive experiences or high quality TV.”

Sky Player joins Xbox LIVE’s ever-expanding interactive online offering spanning on-demand films, music videos and games. It also enables users to communicate with each other via live video chat and MSN Messenger, beating console rivals to cement Xbox 360 as a true pioneer of home entertainment.
Sky Player currently provides access to a range of live TV channels – including Sky Sports – and a comprehensive on-demand library of thousands of programmes spanning entertainment, movies, documentaries, kids, culture, news and sport.

End
monders
monders
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

Back to top Go down

Post  monders Thu May 28, 2009 7:53 pm

dj hades wrote:Good find young man,

This is interesting, but not as good as i had hoped. I was hoping some sort of free access to premium content (sports and movies) .

Why thank you. Stumbled on it, to be honest. My gaffer sent it me ha ha

Yeah that would have been sweet, but Sky subscribers would have been pretty miffed I imagine!
monders
monders
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

Back to top Go down

Post  KENT HAMMER Sat May 30, 2009 9:16 pm

Direct from xbox.com

Sky TV on your Xbox 360

The way you view television is set to change forever as Xbox announces an incredible deal bringing Sky TV to the Xbox 360.

Sky LIVE

The Sky Player, Sky TV’s online service, launches on Xbox LIVE this autumn, bringing with it a vast array of channels and programming that you can view live or on-demand. The ink is barely dry on the deal and we’re still finalising the full line-up, but you can reckon on accessing blockbuster movies, Premier League football, absorbing documentaries and the very best of music, the arts and must-see entertainment shows for all the family – all delivered direct to your Xbox 360 without the need for a satellite dish or any other kind of separate plug-in device. A broadband connection is all that’s required.

If you’re new to Sky prepare to be dazzled by the choice of live channels and premium content, all of which are available via a choice of subscription packages or on a pay-per-view basis. Existing Sky customers will enjoy the obvious benefits of having an alternative and, we might add, highly versatile way to enjoy their favourite shows.

We’re looking at exciting ways to enhance your Sky-viewing experience too, bringing some of the Xbox 360’s unique functionalities into the mix. In the case of Sky Sports football content we’re thinking real-time interactivity, with mates chatting LIVE about matches, instant results, fixture updates and such. We’ll bring you more news soon.

Likewise we’ll be back soon with full launch and pricing details. Meantime the future has well and truly arrived and the Xbox 360 has finally become that mythical device that sits underneath your TV, calmly and efficiently handling all your entertainment needs. If it later becomes possible to broadcast tea and a round of toast via broadband you can bet we’ll be all over it!
KENT HAMMER
KENT HAMMER
Site Owner & Admin
Site Owner & Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  garymason72 Sat May 30, 2009 9:43 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

i have got to say from this image i really like the look of it, i can just see it now, Arsenal v I am a glory hunter mine and simons avartars having a brawl on screen. could be a good laugh watching football in party chat.

See more images Here
garymason72
garymason72
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

Back to top Go down

Post  Artois Sun May 31, 2009 3:14 am

that does look cool, but im worried that when bolton are playin it just be me in that avatar room and some tumbleweed blowin about the place
Artois
Artois
Mildly Addicted
Mildly Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : SmoknArtois
Number of posts : 583
Registration date : 2009-01-15
TGD Reputation : 40
TGD Elite Member Points : 6207

Back to top Go down

Post  Kev Lar 1 Sun May 31, 2009 11:56 am

garymason72 wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

i have got to say from this image i really like the look of it, i can just see it now, Arsenal v I am a glory hunter mine and simons avartars having a brawl on screen. could be a good laugh watching football in party chat.

See more images Here

I do like the look of this. How many people can you have watching the same game.
Kev Lar 1
Kev Lar 1
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

Back to top Go down

Post  garymason72 Sun May 31, 2009 12:02 pm

RottenBULLDOGUK wrote:
garymason72 wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

See more images Here

I do like the look of this. How many people can you have watching the same game.

trusting you all pay for the same package you can have 8 like party chat now, you and 7 of your paid up friends, looks pretty cool. you can change it from that view to full screen aswell.
garymason72
garymason72
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

Back to top Go down

Post  Kev Lar 1 Sun May 31, 2009 12:19 pm

So all you people can watch the Red Devils win another Premiership Title.
Kev Lar 1
Kev Lar 1
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun May 31, 2009 12:52 pm

garymason72 wrote:trusting you all pay for the same package you can have 8 like party chat now, you and 7 of your paid up friends, looks pretty cool. you can change it from that view to full screen aswell.

There's no way I could watch a United game with seven people in my ear, I usually spend the duration of any game screaming obscenities at the tv. I'm so bad that I can't even go to the pub to watch a match cos I'm afraid I'll end up maiming someone if United lose, you have been warned people.

Back to top Go down

Facebook, SKY & Twitter on the XBOX Empty E3 2009: Facebook and Twitter Partnership Announced

Post  nate23 the man Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:37 am

Xbox Live and Facebook have just announced their partnership. Facebook will now be directly accessible from the Xbox 360. A nifty feature will be to see your Facebook and Xbox Live friends in the same area, so you can add Facebook friends from Live and vice versa. Pictures are also directly viewed from the dashboard, and will take up your whole TV screen.

You will also be able to update your Facebook status, as well as seeing your friends' updates and adding comments as well.

Facebook Connect is then announced, which will let you post screenshots and texts straight to your Facebook profile in real time.

The Xbox 360 will also allow you to access Twitter directly from your living room. They will both be hitting Xbox Live this fall!
nate23 the man
nate23 the man
unaddicted
unaddicted

XBOX Gamertag : nate23 the man
Number of posts : 140
Registration date : 2009-04-21
TGD Reputation : 10
TGD Elite Member Points : 5799

Back to top Go down

Post  monders Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:54 am

Great. The last bastion of solitude will now be breached by 200 witless tw*ts you have only ever met once telling you how they are wearing odd socks, or showing pictures of their f*cking sprogs.

Oh no, I'm not a fan of Facebook. I'm going to close my down when I remember Laughing
monders
monders
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

Back to top Go down

Post  monders Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:34 am

True, you don't have to sign up I suppose. Imagine being off work ill, firing up the ol' Sexbox then all your colleagues getting a status update about it ha ha
monders
monders
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

Back to top Go down

Post  Artois Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:42 am

monders wrote:True, you don't have to sign up I suppose. Imagine being off work ill, firing up the ol' Sexbox then all your colleagues getting a status update about it ha ha

sexbox eh, that sounds like a sure way to get a rrod:), true you dont have to sign up to the services, but it is nice to have the features there and that project natal sounds scary, xbox what can read your emotion, i reckon mine will die of depression as i try and fail guitar hero on expert
Artois
Artois
Mildly Addicted
Mildly Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : SmoknArtois
Number of posts : 583
Registration date : 2009-01-15
TGD Reputation : 40
TGD Elite Member Points : 6207

Back to top Go down

Post  monders Tue Jun 02, 2009 12:16 pm

Not only RRoD, but possibly a virus. badumtish!

Laughing Laughing

Yeah, I can see the Xbox Emotion Reader Chip(tm) turning a particularly difficult game off, just as your rage starts to bubble up.
monders
monders
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:02 am

Some more info on the Sky player on the 360.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down

Post  KENT HAMMER Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:32 am

Great article Simon, but wish we had some updated info as that article is from May.
I can only imagine they have hit problems as now is the time to push sky sports etc.
Anyone know anything new??
KENT HAMMER
KENT HAMMER
Site Owner & Admin
Site Owner & Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  minkey_monkey Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:41 pm

The only thing I've managed to find about it is this:

The Sky Player, Sky TV’s online service, launches on Xbox LIVE this autumn, bringing with it a vast array of channels and programming that you can view live or on-demand. The ink is barely dry on the deal and we’re still finalising the full line-up, but you can reckon on accessing blockbuster movies, Premier League football, absorbing documentaries and the very best of music, the arts and must-see entertainment shows for all the family – all delivered direct to your Xbox 360 without the need for a satellite dish or any other kind of separate plug-in device. A broadband connection is all that’s required.

If you’re new to Sky prepare to be dazzled by the choice of live channels and premium content, all of which are available via a choice of subscription packages or on a pay-per-view basis. Existing Sky customers will enjoy the obvious benefits of having an alternative and, we might add, highly versatile way to enjoy their favourite shows.

We’re looking at exciting ways to enhance your Sky-viewing experience too, bringing some of the Xbox 360’s unique functionalities into the mix. In the case of Sky Sports football content we’re thinking real-time interactivity, with mates chatting LIVE about matches, instant results, fixture updates and such. We’ll bring you more news soon.

Likewise we’ll be back soon with full launch and pricing details. Meantime the future has well and truly arrived and the Xbox 360 has finally become that mythical device that sits underneath your TV, calmly and efficiently handling all your entertainment needs. If it later becomes possible to broadcast tea and a round of toast via broadband you can bet we’ll be all over it!

Which was on the official xbox site here:
Xbox.com

I found another site that has a few more of the leaked screen shots screen shots here

though I suspect that's out of date as well. Everything I find seems to be from May I'm afraid.

and most have probably seen this but I found this video too though it's mainly a quick intro then some live footage of how it will work:
minkey_monkey
minkey_monkey
Games Den Moderator
Games Den Moderator

XBOX Gamertag : Minkey M0nkey
Number of posts : 8100
Registration date : 2009-05-12
TGD Reputation : 204
TGD Elite Member Points : 14200

Back to top Go down

Facebook, SKY & Twitter on the XBOX Empty Sky, Twitter, xbox - A match made in heaven

Post  garymason72 Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:21 pm

The second part of the update to bring Sky, Twitter and Facebook to the 360 is coming next month.

Clickity click

i think it may be time to renew the Skysports Subscription
garymason72
garymason72
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

Back to top Go down

Post  minkey_monkey Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:41 pm

I was wondering what had happened about this as it was originally supposed to come out on the 15th of September if I'm not mistaken.

Good find! Been trying to find a bit more info about this for a while now Smile
Should be interesting. Hopefully it won't screw with the xbox to much as some of the updates seem to have effected a little recently Sad

Facebook could be good. Twitter on the other hand... wish that wasn't in with it. I hate twitter lol
minkey_monkey
minkey_monkey
Games Den Moderator
Games Den Moderator

XBOX Gamertag : Minkey M0nkey
Number of posts : 8100
Registration date : 2009-05-12
TGD Reputation : 204
TGD Elite Member Points : 14200

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum