The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer
The Games Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Call of Duty Ghosts - Activision / Infinity Ward - Review

+9
chrism1066
Kev Lar 1
Waggly Bean
Jevil
Colne Crusader
Lighthouseman
KENT HAMMER
Tricky34
stubbymite
13 posters

Go down

Call of Duty Ghosts - Activision / Infinity Ward - Review Empty Call of Duty Ghosts - Activision / Infinity Ward - Review

Post  stubbymite Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:05 pm

Call of Duty Ghosts - Activision / Infinity Ward - Review Call-of-duty-ghosts-4

Call of Duty - Ghosts

Developer: Infinity Ward
Publisher: Activision

Summary

Ghosts is the newest game in the Call of Duty franchise. Although we have another year in the franchise the game has lost none of its sparkle and throws in new game modes and a better campaign to keep us all gripped.

Story

The story in the main game follows that of two brother’s Logan and Hesh and during the first stages of game play you are helping them escape the devastation that is happening before them.
We follow Logan through the game and he and his brothers quest to become part of an elite group of US soldiers codenamed Ghosts. This is a story that is quite hard hitting this time around and while playing through the game I felt really involved and liked all aspects that the story threw at me.
Without giving to much away as we follow Logan through the game we are encountered with some of the best playable levels that I have seen in a COD game. Starting with exploding towns (that I am sure those who have played Cod games are used to seeing) to space stations and diving into the deep blue sea. Each of the playable areas gives you a big area to play in.
The only draw back that I had with the story is the fact that it is quite linear in that the enemies enter the scene from the same place and you can only run along certain areas. This does not take away from how good the game and the way the story plays though.

Gameplay

Like that of the story this is one of the best COD games that I have played and I think at some point I have played them all.
The game is what you would expect of a call of duty game shoot here blow up there but with the extra levels thrown in this gives the game some great added extras to it. The under water and space levels are a lot harder to get through and a stern test even at the lower level difficulties

Call of Duty Ghosts - Activision / Infinity Ward - Review Call-of-Duty-Ghosts

Multiplayer

While most of the usual game modes are in the multiplayer section of the game there are some notable favourites missing from the game, ground war being a big one.
Some of the new modes that have been thrown into the game are quite difficult and are aimed in my eyes at the more accomplished players. Cranked is a mode that is similar to that of team deathmatch but you are rewarded for being able to kill quickly and getting consecutive kills. Blitz is another new game mode that is like capture the flag but is more like leg it to the flag. Some of these can be quite hard to play through but with a bit more practice I am sure that I will soon get the hang of them.

There are two modes to mention here that have been added to the multiplayer game modes one being Extinction. Extinction is a very odd game, or one that I found odd to be included in a Call of Duty game at least. This mode centres around you wiping out alien bad guys and moving a drill to help wipe out the bigger aliens on the map. It seems bizarre to even explain this type of game mode but those who play the game will compare it to a version of horde mode.

The second mode is called safeguard. This is one of the best game modes that I have played in multiplayer on Call of Duty. The aim of the game is to wipe out the oncoming soldiers that come your way, the more difficult the game gets the harder the enemies are to wipe out. The start of the game sees you scavenging for help in your fight, where you are given chance to pick up perks like sentry guns bomb runs etc. When starting out in the game you are given a pistol to start out with and again the more you do the better the weapons get. This mode is very similar to building up in horde mode in gears but is a lot harder to start with.

Call of Duty Ghosts - Activision / Infinity Ward - Review Call_of_duty_ghosts_space

Graphics and Style

The graphics and style of the game are some of the best that I have seen in the call of duty franchise and tie very well to the vast gameplay areas that you play in. The graphics of the game start out very dark in the opening levels to tie in with the destruction that is being caused. When we get into the later levels the colours and the graphics on screen get much better and the destruction is greater and more widespread and not just in front of your eyes.

Sound

The sound in the game is very good and ties in well with the game and the levels that you play through. I have played a lot of the game while using my Turtle beach headphones and I must say this is some of the best feedback in sound that I have had from my cans. This just shows the effort that Activision have put into the game and the sound that comes with the levels.

Call of Duty Ghosts - Activision / Infinity Ward - Review Call-of-Duty-Ghosts

Achievements

A lot of the achievements in the game are easily achievable while playing through the main story. I picked up around 500gs in just playing through the story on one of the easier difficulty settings. There are some of the achievements that may well be a little more difficult to muster as they see us fighting with a team on multiplayer and making sure that the team is communicating well. As Kent and I found out as I received many lectures because I kept running off and dying or not been anywhere near him to revive.

Overall

I have to say that this is one of the best Call of Duty games that I have played through. It really is a great game and well worth the price tag that they are asking. I will be keeping the game for some time and hope that this will be one of the first games that I am hoping that I can get the full 1000GS on.

I would recommend that anyone who is thinking about this title its well worth picking up. I am sure that some people are waiting for the new systems to come before they pick this up but this is a great title and well worth the money.

Overall this game gets 9 / 10

Couple of trailers

stubbymite
stubbymite
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : StubbyMite
Number of posts : 4312
Registration date : 2010-05-21
TGD Reputation : 90
TGD Elite Member Points : 10048

Back to top Go down

Call of Duty Ghosts - Activision / Infinity Ward - Review Empty Re: Call of Duty Ghosts - Activision / Infinity Ward - Review

Post  Tricky34 Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:47 pm

Nice review pal. I probably won't get it straight away, and might just wait for folk to start trading in their 360 copies for Bonio ones. But i have always liked the story campaigns on COD, even though i'm crap at the multiplayer side of it.
Tricky34
Tricky34
Games Den Moderator
Games Den Moderator

XBOX Gamertag : Tricky34
Number of posts : 7254
Registration date : 2009-05-31
TGD Reputation : 152
TGD Elite Member Points : 13281

Back to top Go down

Call of Duty Ghosts - Activision / Infinity Ward - Review Empty Re: Call of Duty Ghosts - Activision / Infinity Ward - Review

Post  KENT HAMMER Fri Nov 15, 2013 11:21 pm

Great game!

Good work mate. Very Happy 
KENT HAMMER
KENT HAMMER
Site Owner & Admin
Site Owner & Admin

XBOX Gamertag : KENT HAMMER
Number of posts : 13824
Registration date : 2009-01-05
TGD Reputation : 578
TGD Elite Member Points : 25611

https://www.youtube.com/TheGamesDenTV

Back to top Go down

Post  Lighthouseman Sat Nov 16, 2013 6:49 am

Nice review . I have opted for Battlefield since cod 4 but I would like to give this a chance on the bone. Well done mate very nice. Very Happy 
Lighthouseman
Lighthouseman
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : lighthouseman
Number of posts : 3356
Registration date : 2009-06-19
TGD Reputation : 44
TGD Elite Member Points : 9479

http://Howard.miller@symingtons.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Nov 16, 2013 7:31 am

Nice review mate. Tempted by this.

Back to top Go down

Post  Colne Crusader Sat Nov 16, 2013 9:29 am

Good work man.

I find myself wanting this too! Is it ok to want a Cod game? Suspect 
Colne Crusader
Colne Crusader
Games Den Moderator
Games Den Moderator

XBOX Gamertag : Colne Crusader
Number of posts : 6893
Registration date : 2010-04-21
TGD Reputation : 158
TGD Elite Member Points : 13364

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Nov 16, 2013 10:23 am

Colne Crusader wrote:Good work man.

I find myself wanting this too! Is it ok to want a Cod game? Suspect 
Of course, millions do.

Back to top Go down

Post  Jevil Sat Nov 16, 2013 12:23 pm

Nice review man, but I'll probably hold back on buying. Last CoD I bought was mw1 and been battlefielding it since then, I might nosey it later at a mates house someday to see what I think of it but I am quite biased against it so who knows. Razz 
Jevil
Jevil
unaddicted
unaddicted

XBOX Gamertag : Jevil Badger
Number of posts : 254
Registration date : 2012-02-25
TGD Reputation : 0
TGD Elite Member Points : 4769

https://www.youtube.com/user/MageJevil

Back to top Go down

Post  Waggly Bean Sat Nov 16, 2013 1:28 pm

Nice review, does make me want to pick it up.

Actually kind of happy to see multiplayer achievements in here too.
Waggly Bean
Waggly Bean
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : Waggly Bean
Number of posts : 3382
Registration date : 2011-04-21
TGD Reputation : 22
TGD Elite Member Points : 8535

Back to top Go down

Post  KENT HAMMER Sat Nov 16, 2013 1:59 pm

I am upto 785G on this now 41 of 50 achieves down 9 to go! Very Happy 

Done 8 missions of 18 on my veteran playthru plus the extinction achieves but really need a good team for that over level 20
KENT HAMMER
KENT HAMMER
Site Owner & Admin
Site Owner & Admin

XBOX Gamertag : KENT HAMMER
Number of posts : 13824
Registration date : 2009-01-05
TGD Reputation : 578
TGD Elite Member Points : 25611

https://www.youtube.com/TheGamesDenTV

Back to top Go down

Post  Kev Lar 1 Sat Nov 16, 2013 5:02 pm

Nice review mate. Done the campaign and am now going to go through again on Veteren. I've done a few Squad games and Extinction as well as the multiplayer. The only problem I have is that hardly anyone has a mic so it's really difficult to have a good game when no one talks.
Kev Lar 1
Kev Lar 1
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : Kev Lar 1
Number of posts : 3259
Registration date : 2009-01-26
TGD Reputation : 70
TGD Elite Member Points : 9451

Back to top Go down

Post  chrism1066 Sun Nov 17, 2013 10:06 pm

Great review mate! Picked up my copy today, can't wait to play it!
chrism1066
chrism1066
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : Chrism1066
Number of posts : 1322
Registration date : 2009-03-04
TGD Reputation : 25
TGD Elite Member Points : 6931

http://z13.invisionfree.com/blue_oval_enthusiast/index.php?act=i

Back to top Go down

Post  Andyhadpie247 Fri Feb 21, 2014 4:55 pm

Great review! I totally agree with best campaign yet! Currently working through it for the second time on veteran now on the 360 rather than the One Wink
Andyhadpie247
Andyhadpie247
unaddicted
unaddicted

XBOX Gamertag : Andyhadpie247
Number of posts : 380
Registration date : 2012-02-06
TGD Reputation : 0
TGD Elite Member Points : 4929

Back to top Go down

Post  dazzamann Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:42 am

Great review - got this with my PS4 but as Ive been working all weekend haven't had a chance to play it yet (only got the PS4 Friday)
dazzamann
dazzamann
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : dazzamann
Number of posts : 1490
Registration date : 2009-02-22
TGD Reputation : 13
TGD Elite Member Points : 7154

Back to top Go down

Post  minkey_monkey Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:09 am

Cracking review fella.

I'm not a fan of cod games in general but I do keep eyeing this one up.
minkey_monkey
minkey_monkey
Games Den Moderator
Games Den Moderator

XBOX Gamertag : Minkey M0nkey
Number of posts : 8099
Registration date : 2009-05-12
TGD Reputation : 204
TGD Elite Member Points : 14189

Back to top Go down

Post  Leigh36295 Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:40 am

Good review mate. I actually really enjoyed the single player for this and am even looking forward to ghosts 2 now. After getting max prestige in black ops 2 though I was really disappointed with the multiplayer in this. It didn't have the fast hectic gun fights from before. The maps seemed to be a lot bigger but there wasn't enough Players to fill that space so found myself running round for half of the match just looking for people then dying within 3 shots. Just took all the fun out of it for me. I did enjoy extinction though even if I did only play it 3 times.
Leigh36295
Leigh36295
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : Leigh36295
Number of posts : 3988
Registration date : 2009-10-23
TGD Reputation : 198
TGD Elite Member Points : 10108

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down