The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer
The Games Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FORZA HORIZON Official Review

+14
Slayer1189
stubbymite
minkey_monkey
Stee01
TheTCD
Ninja Yaro
TreeMunky
chrism1066
Sh00t3rmcgavin2
Colne Crusader
Ba5sett
GrahamOfTheDead
Tricky34
KENT HAMMER
18 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

FORZA HORIZON Official Review - Page 2 Empty FORZA HORIZON Official Review

Post  KENT HAMMER Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:04 pm

First topic message reminder :

FORZA HORIZON Official Review - Page 2 Forza-10
Developer: Turn 10 and Playground games
Publisher: Microsoft

I have been racking my brains thinking of the best way to describe this awesome new racing game from Microsoft, then it came to me!

Basically if Forza Horizon was a movie it would be the “Hangover” because its multi layered and more details unravel and reveal themselves as you race through the game.

Its like Forza Motorsport 4, NFS Hot Pursuit, DiRT 3, Burnout Paradise and Test Drive Unlimited 2 all went on weekender bender to Las Vegas!

Forza was downing the tequila, Need For did indeed score some speed, DiRT was chugging back twenty beers with whisky chasers, Burnout got a slap for feeling up Test Drive, it was carnage! 8-)

Then they all woke up the next day with throbbing melons, desperately trying to piece together what the hell happened the night before.

A couple of months later Forza realises she is up the duff and then seven months more and we have a little baby- FORZA HORIZON!

The least said about how Forza got preggars and by who the better as this is a family site *-) But a few of the lads looked very sheepish!

The good news is we do now have FH in the world and its a better place for it.
If you liked the cars and driving engine from Forza 4 but found it abit dull and repetitive then you are going to love this game just as much as I do.

Its got everything good from every driving game you have ever played all rolled into one.

The setting this time around is in Colorado and its a huge open world expanse with which to race and chase on.

FORZA HORIZON Official Review - Page 2 E3_for10

You are a rookie driver and start at the bottom by completing races in the racing festival to earn you wristbands which in turn unlock ever more races.

You will also sometimes come across other races whilst driving round and if you hit X on your controller as you approach them you get to race them for money!
Beat ten of these guys and you get a lovely achievement for your troubles.

There are also showcase races where you have to beat an aeroplane or balloon to the finish line, but most races are circuits with mixed terrain and point to point road races.

To unlock various fast travel points on the map you need to complete three ever more challenging press events. So first maybe drive to a location and take a photo without damaging your car along the way, thus unlocking a 25% cash discount on fast travel back there again. Next will be a point to point race giving you 50% off, then finally and the one section of the game I really disliked a style race. Where you have to rack up say 20,000 style points in 2 minutes racing, fail to do it and you have to start again and watch the same smegging animation of you walking to the same car and getting in it with the exact same voice over!!! arrrggggh feel my pain as I am abit pants at drifting and chaining stuff together, but I got there in the end.

FORZA HORIZON Official Review - Page 2 News-f10

From Burnout they have taken the destructive billboards to destroy and in a nice twist you get a 1% discount for every one you smash through. I have found 91 so far so a HUGE 91% discount for me on all car upgrades. YAY!

The online game is pretty sweet too and nowhere near as grindy as some as you only need to hit online level 25 and I am already level 20 in less than a week!

First you get an open world challenge area for up to 8 players, this is co-op and you need to help each other meet the goals. Then you have cat and mouse, capture the king and Infection tag. Plus of course hardcore circuit and point to point races against the worlds best online. I found it good fun and I am certain it will be great to race against real life mates and give them a good ramming!

Overall I give this game the coveted Kent Hammer seal of approval awarding it a skipping off into the sunset score of 9 out of 10.

Last edited by KENT HAMMER on Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:12 pm; edited 3 times in total
KENT HAMMER
KENT HAMMER
Site Owner & Admin
Site Owner & Admin

XBOX Gamertag : KENT HAMMER
Number of posts : 13825
Registration date : 2009-01-05
TGD Reputation : 578
TGD Elite Member Points : 25617

https://www.youtube.com/TheGamesDenTV

Back to top Go down

FORZA HORIZON Official Review - Page 2 Empty Re: FORZA HORIZON Official Review

Post  Leigh36295 Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:55 pm

This reminds me that this is another one of those games I only nee one achievement from. It's the 15 online challenges one. Don't have the game anymore though Sad

Leigh36295
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

Number of posts : 3988
Registration date : 2009-10-23

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbymite Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:13 pm

Tricky34 wrote:
stubbymite wrote:Picked this up today after trading in some games and getting that extra credit (cheers Leigh).

What a great game and gotta say that the soundtrack is brilliant loving this game think its gonna take a while to get bored of this

I'm currently playing this too, after borrowing it off a mate. Create some vinyls and I'll buy them from you, and then you can return the favour mate.

Okay mate will do and will message you when I do
stubbymite
stubbymite
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : StubbyMite
Number of posts : 4312
Registration date : 2010-05-21
TGD Reputation : 90
TGD Elite Member Points : 10053

Back to top Go down

Post  Ba5sett Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:02 pm

I got this for Christmas and am loving it, have hardly bothered with any of the races yet just having fun tearing around the world Very Happy
Ba5sett
Ba5sett
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : Ba5sett
Number of posts : 3288
Registration date : 2009-09-18
TGD Reputation : 58
TGD Elite Member Points : 9062

Back to top Go down

Post  dazzamann Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:02 am

Great review. Always been a massive fan of the Forza games, will have to have a look around for the cheapest price for it Very Happy
dazzamann
dazzamann
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : dazzamann
Number of posts : 1490
Registration date : 2009-02-22
TGD Reputation : 13
TGD Elite Member Points : 7159

Back to top Go down

Post  KENT HAMMER Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:06 pm

1000 Club Expansion Pack out now!

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/1000-Club-Expansion-Pack/a86b7cdf-bee1-4bf4-88fe-d351c7e17eb3

Free download! This game expansion adds fun new challenges for every car available to drive in Forza Horizon, over 1000 challenges in all! Every completed challenge awards you a gold medal. The more medals you collect, the faster you dominate friends on the new 1000 Club leaderboard. Do you have what it takes to reach 1000? Download today!
KENT HAMMER
KENT HAMMER
Site Owner & Admin
Site Owner & Admin

XBOX Gamertag : KENT HAMMER
Number of posts : 13825
Registration date : 2009-01-05
TGD Reputation : 578
TGD Elite Member Points : 25617

https://www.youtube.com/TheGamesDenTV

Back to top Go down