The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer
The Games Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sleeping Dogs

+2
Ba5sett
Tenlo
6 posters

Go down

Sleeping Dogs Empty Sleeping Dogs

Post  Tenlo Fri May 25, 2012 10:24 am

A new trailer has been released for Sleeping Dogs, which used to be known as True Crime: Hong Kong before changing publishers. I'll be honest this game could be a huge hit and could even push GTA 5 of its pedestal if it lives up to everything in this trailer. Definitely one to watch over the next few months

Tenlo
Tenlo
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : Tenlo
Number of posts : 4825
Registration date : 2011-02-03
TGD Reputation : 187
TGD Elite Member Points : 11934

Back to top Go down

Sleeping Dogs Empty Re: Sleeping Dogs

Post  Ba5sett Fri May 25, 2012 10:31 am

I'm a big fan of kung fu and hong kong cinema so I'm really hoping that this game fulfills its potential its looking good so far
Ba5sett
Ba5sett
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : Ba5sett
Number of posts : 3288
Registration date : 2009-09-18
TGD Reputation : 58
TGD Elite Member Points : 9067

Back to top Go down

Post  Tenlo Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:08 am

Another trailer has now been released for E3 with a greater focus on the story of the game

There is also a short press rleease describing the game.

Welcome to Hong Kong, a vibrant city whose exotic locations hide one of the most powerful and dangerous criminal organizations in the world: the Triads. You play Wei Shen, an undercover cop trying to take down the Triads from the inside. You'll have to prove yourself worthy as you fight your way up the organization, taking part in brutal criminal activities without blowing your cover. In time, you will risk everything as the lines between truth, loyalty and justice become permanently blurred
Tenlo
Tenlo
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

Back to top Go down

Post  KENT HAMMER Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:10 am

Is this a film about aload of fat birds having a sleep over?
KENT HAMMER
KENT HAMMER
Site Owner & Admin
Site Owner & Admin

XBOX Gamertag : KENT HAMMER
Number of posts : 13825
Registration date : 2009-01-05
TGD Reputation : 578
TGD Elite Member Points : 25622

https://www.youtube.com/TheGamesDenTV

Back to top Go down

Post  Tenlo Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:09 am

Yes Kent, it is about your average weekend activities!
Tenlo
Tenlo
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

Back to top Go down

Post  Tenlo Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:37 am

A new gameplay walkthrough trailer is now out showing off some of the investigation elements of the game.

Also we get a trailer showing off the gunplay of the game and its different varities

Tenlo
Tenlo
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

Back to top Go down

Post  Tenlo Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:20 am

If your not already uber excited about Square Enix's upcoming openworld undercover cop drama Sleeping Dogs, well its been announced that the publisher has a six month post- launch DLC plan set up to entice you back to the streets of Hong Kong again and again.

The content announced so far includes cool new cars and high-speed missions to outlandish outfits and game-extending mission packs. Plus there will be a range of new downloads available at launch to help players get ahead of the game, including the 80s-inspired Retro Triad Pack, a killer old school outfit with its own player buffs and funky kung-fu van. New content packs are planned from September, beginning with a high-speed Racing Pack and an explosive SWAT Pack - further announcements to follow soon.
Tenlo
Tenlo
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTCD Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:45 pm

So I've been playing this pretty solidly all day, and I am very impressed. Having been far from blown away by the True Crime games of the past generation, I wasn't really all that excited about this game when it was first announced. After Activision dropped it and it was reborn as Sleeping Dogs, I grew more and more interested as more stuff was shown. Now I have finally played it, I am glad that I gave it a chance.

It seems that the developers have looked long and hard at the genre and have made considerable efforts to improve irritations that have plagued other games. For instance, when driving, if you are on a motorway and need to leave it to reach your destination, the HUD will throw up a marker to show you what lane you need to be in to exit. Melee combat is smooth and effortless, much like Assassin's Creed with its flow and counters. Missions selection has also been carefully considered, and tackled with a stroke of genius. If you have a few missions going on at once, simply click on the left stick while in-game. It will cycle through the missions available, make your desired mission active AND then throw a waypoint on your map automatically. The amount of time this saves by not going through menus and maps is amazing, and is a feature that more developers should look at for their future titles. Collectable hunters will also be overjoyed to hear that this game allows you to have them appear on the map. There are several girls you can date, and upon a successful date with one (or all) of them, a type of collectable will appear on the map. These are also of a manageable number, so it's in all a stress-free task to get them all.

With that said, it's not perfect. Bike handling, as in a lot of games like this, is dodgy and not a smooth, sweeping experience that cars can provide, there is a very irritating camera shake when driving at high speeds, Wei's running pace leaves a lot to be desired, you have to buy vehicles, and cannot steal and store them, and the right stick can feel a little sluggish when you want to turn the camera. But those are very minor quibbles because the game maintains an otherwise sky-high level of polish and care that few other games of this ilk can boast.
TheTCD
TheTCD
unaddicted
unaddicted

XBOX Gamertag : TheTCD
Number of posts : 404
Registration date : 2012-05-10
TGD Reputation : 0
TGD Elite Member Points : 4831

Back to top Go down

Post  Stee01 Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:32 am

Nice little read there TheTCD. I love True Crime games. I was gutted when I heard Activision dropped the game. When I heard Square Enix took over, I got excited about it. So looking forward to this, wish I pre order it to get it today Razz but I got some games to trade in for it.
Stee01
Stee01
Mildly Addicted
Mildly Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : Stee01
Number of posts : 826
Registration date : 2009-05-31
TGD Reputation : 11
TGD Elite Member Points : 6417

Back to top Go down

Post  evilgenius76 Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:30 pm

Saw this advertised on TV last night, and wondered about it, now you've said it used be TRUE CRIME makes sense now
evilgenius76
evilgenius76
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : evilgenius76
Number of posts : 1040
Registration date : 2011-04-15
TGD Reputation : 19
TGD Elite Member Points : 5980

Back to top Go down

Post  Stee01 Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:46 pm

Yeah Activision for some reason won't allow Square Enix to have the name. I think it was ment to be called true crime honk Kong. Loving the game so far, reminds me of GTA and the fighting from batman arkham city.
Stee01
Stee01
Mildly Addicted
Mildly Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : Stee01
Number of posts : 826
Registration date : 2009-05-31
TGD Reputation : 11
TGD Elite Member Points : 6417

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content