The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer
The Games Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Guns, Gore & Cannaloni Xbox One Review

+2
Ackter
LethalThreat74
6 posters

Go down

Guns, Gore & Cannaloni Xbox One Review Empty Guns, Gore & Cannaloni Xbox One Review

Post  LethalThreat74 Fri Sep 25, 2015 12:13 pm

Guns, Gore & Cannaloni
Xbox One
Developed by Claeys Brothers
Released by Crazy Monkey Studios
Price £6.99

Guns, Gore & Cannaloni Xbox One Review Ggigig12

Zombies, zombies everywhere I wonder why no one has ever done a Zombie / Gangster game. Holy crap they've only gone an done it those crazy people at Claeys brothers, Now get on your knees and tell me that you love me !

The game is set in the 1920s in the middle of the Prohibition Era. You play the role of Vinnie, a mob enforcer who's been hired by the head of the Belluccio family to bring in one of their own from Thugtown, which has been overrun by a zombie infestation since St. Patrick's Day. Of course, you don't know this until you show up to collect your bounty.

Guns, Gore & Cannaloni Xbox One Review 11234410

This is a side scrolling 2d platform shooter of a game that has a certain almost retro feel to it. You begin in thugtown with a single handgun and unlimited ammo. Not the most powerful of guns a few bodyshots will take down the smaller zombies, but as we all know headshots are where it really pays off. It's not long before you pick up your next weapon a shotgun, now we're talking however the ammunition in these weapons don't last long. There's a good variety of weapons to pick up throughout the game including shotguns, machine guns, flame throwers and even a bazooka. Along with these you're armed with grenades and molotovs to take out larger groups of enemies.
A large part of the gameplay is using these weapons in the right place against the right enemies and also conserving ammo for when its needed.

Guns, Gore & Cannaloni Xbox One Review Large10

To match your various array of weapons there is an even larger array of enemies to contend with. To start with there's the zombies they very rarely come at you in ones or twos it's usually a group of them. There's slow, fast, small, large and even exploding zombies to encounter along the way. Along with the zombies there is also the rival mob with their shoot to kill orders and heavily armed approach not to mention the levels locked down by bazooka wielding army guys. Oh yes they wanna' kill you too.

One of the things I enjoyed most about the game was the story line it was fun to see it unfold and it moved the game along at a nice pace, With the occasional unexpected twist. The game itself is not a massive affair being completable in around three hours. Having said that there are a full 1000g in achievements to be had which will see you playing over several game difficulties to achieve. There is also the added bonus of local multi player to add to the longevity. Unfortunately online multiplayer is not a feature available.

Guns, Gore & Cannaloni Xbox One Review Large11

Graphically this game ticks all the right boxes for me the cartoon style hand drawn graphics really add to the atmosphere and feel of the game. There are several things in the environment that can be destroyed such as cars, barrels, crates, doors and windows. There is also good attention to detail with some npc's even changing expression when shot. I particularly like the bullet casing flying from your gun as you take down the enemy especially when they fall in the river to reveal the little splash.
The in game audio also performs well the differing sounds of guns, explosions, zombie groans and the in game character audio is well done with some classic lines such as keep the change you filthy animal.

Overall I'm going to award Guns, Gore and Cannoli an awesome 8 out of 10. A great game that's lots of fun with a good story for a decent price.

Keep an eye out for the video review in the video review section.
LethalThreat74
LethalThreat74
Mildly Addicted
Mildly Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : LethalThreat74
Number of posts : 943
Registration date : 2015-01-11
TGD Reputation : 27
TGD Elite Member Points : 4636

Back to top Go down

Guns, Gore & Cannaloni Xbox One Review Empty Re: Guns, Gore & Cannaloni Xbox One Review

Post  Ackter Fri Sep 25, 2015 12:42 pm

Really is a shame there's no online, but can't wait to play this once I'm out of my slump.
Ackter
Ackter
Mildly Addicted
Mildly Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : Ackter
Number of posts : 983
Registration date : 2015-02-23
TGD Reputation : 20
TGD Elite Member Points : 4565

Back to top Go down

Guns, Gore & Cannaloni Xbox One Review Empty Re: Guns, Gore & Cannaloni Xbox One Review

Post  KENT HAMMER Fri Sep 25, 2015 4:22 pm

Good work mate!

Going to play this myself very soon after reading this and watching your video review!
KENT HAMMER
KENT HAMMER
Site Owner & Admin
Site Owner & Admin

XBOX Gamertag : KENT HAMMER
Number of posts : 13825
Registration date : 2009-01-05
TGD Reputation : 578
TGD Elite Member Points : 25634

https://www.youtube.com/TheGamesDenTV

Back to top Go down

Post  minkey_monkey Sat Sep 26, 2015 11:04 am

Good review mate. Visually it looks very nice from the screen grabs you have posted
minkey_monkey
minkey_monkey
Games Den Moderator
Games Den Moderator

XBOX Gamertag : Minkey M0nkey
Number of posts : 8100
Registration date : 2009-05-12
TGD Reputation : 204
TGD Elite Member Points : 14212

Back to top Go down

Post  Colne Crusader Sat Sep 26, 2015 1:30 pm

Tempted to get this. Especially at that price!

Colne Crusader
Colne Crusader
Games Den Moderator
Games Den Moderator

XBOX Gamertag : Colne Crusader
Number of posts : 6893
Registration date : 2010-04-21
TGD Reputation : 158
TGD Elite Member Points : 13386

Back to top Go down

Post  LethalThreat74 Sat Sep 26, 2015 2:10 pm

Definitely worth it, thanks for the comments guys.
LethalThreat74
LethalThreat74
Mildly Addicted
Mildly Addicted

Back to top Go down

Post  dazzamann Tue Sep 29, 2015 8:21 am

Thanks for the review mate, just got this, so looking forward to giving this a try later.
dazzamann
dazzamann
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : dazzamann
Number of posts : 1490
Registration date : 2009-02-22
TGD Reputation : 13
TGD Elite Member Points : 7176

Back to top Go down

Post  LethalThreat74 Tue Sep 29, 2015 11:50 am

I wanna try the four player local co op, if only I weren't such a billy no mates.
LethalThreat74
LethalThreat74
Mildly Addicted
Mildly Addicted

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down