The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer
The Games Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tenlo's XBLA Bragging Contest

+10
shiffy
minkey_monkey
Bawhawhaw
RabidHellBunny
Waggly Bean
Colne Crusader
GrahamOfTheDead
KENT HAMMER
TreeMunky
Tenlo
14 posters

Page 5 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Tenlo's XBLA Bragging Contest - Page 5 Empty Tenlo's XBLA Bragging Contest

Post  Tenlo Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:56 pm

First topic message reminder :

Tenlo's XBLA Bragging Contest - Page 5 AprilXboxContest_zpsd88aa991

With the recent announcement of next month's Xbox Live Rewards event (check Graham's post here) I thought what the hell let's have an impromptu contest for all those XBLA titles cluttering up our hard drives.

So throughout April I challenge you all to complete as many XBLA achievements as you can on as many different games as possible! Who will win out, who will falter first, who has some right bizarre stuff backed up in their backlog? All will be revealed over the month.

At the moment all the prizes we have are pure bragging rights, but I will try and scavenge some codes and gifts from companies over the month, but no guarantees! As it's all fun there will be several categories to win in. Obvious categories will be most GS and most achievements earned, but I will also be announcing more random categories such as least GS and achievements earned, most and least amount of games you've earned achievements in as well as most completed games. Plus any more bizarre ones that pop into my head.

All in all it's going to be a good chuckle and gives us all an excuse to tackle some of those games lurking in our backlogs! Plus with the variety of categories I can think of, I can imagine everyone has a chance of winning something (thought it may take me a couple of days to write up the final victor's posts).

To enter all you have to do is join the leaderboard here (if the link doesn't work just follow the leaderboard on my TA page. If you're not on TA or just want to make my life a living nightmare, then just PM me your gamertag and I'll shift through your game list and do it manually (and prepare for some cursing and blaspheming of your name - no Xmas cards for you!!!). I'll take note of everyone's scores around midnight 31st March and keep tabs from there. If you join late don't worry I'll just keep tabs from when you do start.

So apologies for the suddenness of the comp but it's a moment of inspiration, hence the slapdash logo and lack of organisation, but I'm sure it'll come together. So let's clear that XBLA backlog together and earn some bragging rights and possible forum badges (just came to me that idea - I told you this was in the process of being made!) plus don't forget to sign up to Xbox rewards as you may as well get some free stuff from them too!
Tenlo
Tenlo
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : Tenlo
Number of posts : 4825
Registration date : 2011-02-03
TGD Reputation : 187
TGD Elite Member Points : 11946

Back to top Go down

Tenlo's XBLA Bragging Contest - Page 5 Empty Re: Tenlo's XBLA Bragging Contest

Post  Waggly Bean Sun Apr 07, 2013 2:06 pm

Bit close for my liking! Need to knock out a few more achievements today. Razz

Waggly Bean
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

Number of posts : 3382
Registration date : 2011-04-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Colne Crusader Sun Apr 07, 2013 2:38 pm

Waggly Bean wrote:Bit close for my liking! Need to knock out a few more achievements today. Razz

Methinks you should have a day off Waggly. You don't want to overdo the gaming. It's bad for you. If you must play, then play something easy like Robotron, Black Knight Sword or Joust. They have really easy cheevs. Honest!!
Colne Crusader
Colne Crusader
Games Den Moderator
Games Den Moderator

XBOX Gamertag : Colne Crusader
Number of posts : 6893
Registration date : 2010-04-21
TGD Reputation : 158
TGD Elite Member Points : 13386

Back to top Go down

Post  Sh00t3rmcgavin2 Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:14 pm

I need to get my finger out of my arse!

I bloody hate work and want to play games all day long!

I will be attempting to score some points probably tuesday.......I hope!
Sh00t3rmcgavin2
Sh00t3rmcgavin2
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : Sh00t3rmcgavin2
Number of posts : 1513
Registration date : 2011-12-21
TGD Reputation : 0
TGD Elite Member Points : 6188

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:16 am

A quiet day for gaming for me as my son had a kickboxing tournament (2nd place after losing final 7-5 Shocked well impressed) and then swimming lessons he picked up his 20m and 25m badges, not to be out done his little sister got her 15,20&25m!! Epic day!
So I took the foot off the pedal and kicked back with some father and son minecraft time. I then played some mark of the ninja, I got some points off that but mostly because I wanted to play something awesome, seriously you should all get this game. Especially if you enjoy the stealth in the Arkham games or in splinter cell. Best platformer on xbla for my money. I have a few easier games not even started yet so plenty to be aquired before the months out. Just need Waggles to run out of easy games lol

Back to top Go down

Post  GrahamOfTheDead Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:29 am

I need to rethink my strategy, as I've spent far too much time trying to max Anomaly: Warzone Earth. It's an awesome little game, but two of the survival modes are pretty tough. Might be time to bust out the Kinect and the Kinect Sports Gems.
GrahamOfTheDead
GrahamOfTheDead
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : GrahamOfTheDead
Number of posts : 4572
Registration date : 2009-10-30
TGD Reputation : 109
TGD Elite Member Points : 11097

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:49 am

To be honest I have played the bowling one and its a right bloody grind for 50 gs not sure about the others though mate.

Back to top Go down

Post  Tenlo Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:04 am

So it's the end of the first week of the XBLA Bragging Contest and what has occurred in this week. Well we've learnt that perhaps GSA should buy shares in Sega as pretty much every participant has played a Sega title this week, mainly one of the three Sega Fighting games (the majority having played Virtua Fighter 2!). We've also learnt that some members are using child labour to ensure their scores are maintained *cough*Team Markav*Cough*.

Now lets have some numbers for those out there who like their stats. In one week the participants of the contest racked up 36 completions, unlocked 706 achievements to gain a total of 12,441 GS (you can blame the odd score on Colne Crusader!). That's a pretty impressive score for one weeks worth of gaming, especially when you consider most XBLA titles are around 200GS (which would be 62 XBLA completions in total).

Onto yesterday's scores then and it seems either everyone was watching TV or resting on Sunday as we only had 8 scorers. The bottom 3 scorers all totalled under 100 GS and were, in order, Colne Crusader, GrahamoftheDead and BawHawHaw with 70, 45 and 40, though BawHawHaw finished off Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown.

Our next 4 scorers all racked scored in the 100 section and were Gambler6464, Markav, myself and newcomer Sumshift FK with 175, 135, 115 and 110 respectively. Gambler actually managed to complete two games yesterday too while sitting on the toilet I expect as they were both WP titles - Cro-Mag Rally and Ion Ball EX.

However it seems at the moment Waggly Bean is on a roll as he racked up another 385GS and two completions yesterday, World of Keflings and Sea Safari. However it has to be wondered with this impressive first week, can Waggly Bean keep this up over the next three weeks or has he sprinted to take the first week prize and left himself nothing to tide him for the next few weeks.

So as you can guess Waggly Bean has scored the most this week with a grand total of 2285 GS and as such I'll be contacting Waggly to see which of the prize games for this week he wants, Giana Sisters or Anomaly: Warzone Earth. But let us how the rest of the leaderboard shaped up after yesterday.

Waggly Bean - 2285
Markav - 1655
ShooterMcGavin2 - 1400
TreeMunky - 1380
Shiffy UK - 1260
GrahamoftheDead - 860
Tenlo - 835
Colne Crusader - 746
BawHawHaw - 640
Leigh36295 - 550
Sumshift FK - 325
Gambler6464 - 265
Kent Hammer - 220
Naf Vertone - 20
Stubbymite - 0

As you can see not many changes in the table. Gambler6464 has overtaken Kent Hammer and Sumshift FK has entered the contest in 11th place. There is still plenty to fight for as Waggly could even be knocked off his spot quite easily by the likes of Kent Hammer with a good set of easy scorers.

Right I promised I would announce the prizes on offer today as well and while I have yet to decide what will be awarded for what yet, I shall let you know what is on offer. Everton has been his usual generous self and has donated 3600 MSP to the first place winner and 1200MSP to the runner up. We've also had several kind donations from various developers. Apart from Giana Sisters and Anomaly WarZone Earth codes donated by BitComposer and 11 Bit Studios, we have a copy of Defiance from Trion to award a winner and several avatar gear codes for Zombie Driver HD from Exor Studios as well. So plenty of prizes to give away so everyone should get something for participating at least over the month.

Well that's all for today, I'm off to keep Sega in business let's hope we see an even more impressive score from you guys by the end of next week.
Tenlo
Tenlo
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:10 am

Lol. Must of been a cracking shit that, gambler.

I think this Tshirt belongs to waggles
Tenlo's XBLA Bragging Contest - Page 5 Waggly10

Back to top Go down

Post  GrahamOfTheDead Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:41 am

Markav wrote:To be honest I have played the bowling one and its a right bloody grind for 50 gs not sure about the others though mate.

I've got ski race and penalty saver. I think penalty saver is supposed to be the easiest, but we'll have to see how it goes. Got a couple of fun labs to finish off as well.
GrahamOfTheDead
GrahamOfTheDead
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

Back to top Go down

Post  KENT HAMMER Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:45 am

Nice one guys, a great first week.

Thank god for stubby for keeping me off the bottom!

WHORES
KENT HAMMER
KENT HAMMER
Site Owner & Admin
Site Owner & Admin

XBOX Gamertag : KENT HAMMER
Number of posts : 13825
Registration date : 2009-01-05
TGD Reputation : 578
TGD Elite Member Points : 25634

https://www.youtube.com/TheGamesDenTV

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbymite Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:44 pm

thank my dissertation mate it is sending me under at the mo Smile

I am hoping that i can actually game for longer than twenty minutes this week Shocked
stubbymite
stubbymite
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : StubbyMite
Number of posts : 4312
Registration date : 2010-05-21
TGD Reputation : 90
TGD Elite Member Points : 10070

Back to top Go down

Post  Tenlo Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:20 pm

Glad to see you're still with us, don't worry too much Stubby you;ve still got three weeks to at least beat Kent, that's a goal everyone should really have in their minds.
Tenlo
Tenlo
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:29 pm

GrahamOfTheDead wrote:
Markav wrote:To be honest I have played the bowling one and its a right bloody grind for 50 gs not sure about the others though mate.

I've got ski race and penalty saver. I think penalty saver is supposed to be the easiest, but we'll have to see how it goes. Got a couple of fun labs to finish off as well.
I went to finish"googly eyes" earlier and got that bloody song stuck in my head for hours lol

Back to top Go down

Post  Waggly Bean Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:56 pm

Great round-up, and an impressive amount of GS earned across the board this week! Smile

Tenlo wrote: However it has to be wondered with this impressive first week, can Waggly Bean keep this up over the next three weeks....
I think I can tell you the answer to that.... no. Razz

Waggly Bean
Waggly Bean
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : Waggly Bean
TGD Reputation : 22
TGD Elite Member Points : 8557

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:23 pm

Good!

Back to top Go down

Post  GrahamOfTheDead Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:29 pm

So I went ahead and fired up the Kinect. 2 completions and 75GS already! Worn myself out saving penalties though, so I'm taking a break.
GrahamOfTheDead
GrahamOfTheDead
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

Back to top Go down

Post  Waggly Bean Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:36 pm

GrahamOfTheDead wrote:So I went ahead and fired up the Kinect. 2 completions and 75GS already! Worn myself out saving penalties though, so I'm taking a break.

Did you do I Am Super by yourself? Thought you needed 2 people for this one?

Markav wrote:Good!
Although..... maybe I should try to fend off whoever might be in second place.... Razz
Waggly Bean
Waggly Bean
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

Back to top Go down

Post  GrahamOfTheDead Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:43 pm

Waggly Bean wrote:
GrahamOfTheDead wrote:So I went ahead and fired up the Kinect. 2 completions and 75GS already! Worn myself out saving penalties though, so I'm taking a break.

I got all but the 2-player achievement last year. Managed to grab my brother today and knocked that last achievement out in about 5 minutes.
GrahamOfTheDead
GrahamOfTheDead
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:46 pm

I am super eh? Sounds like one for the "team" mwuhaha

Back to top Go down

Post  Waggly Bean Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:15 pm

GrahamOfTheDead wrote:
Waggly Bean wrote:

I got all but the 2-player achievement last year. Managed to grab my brother today and knocked that last achievement out in about 5 minutes.

Ah fair enough, thought maybe you had discovered a work-around. Have read about people hanging up jumpers and trousers to fool kinect into thinking there's another person, but really can't be bothered with that. Rolling Eyes

Will have to rope my girlfriend into helping me out with it after all! Smile
Waggly Bean
Waggly Bean
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

Back to top Go down

Post  Tenlo Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:58 am

A new week and everyone has gone back to work it seems as the scoring is down today. Still there were a number of points put away by people and a pattern seems to be emerging with the completions this week.

So we had a good turnout for contestants with 10 players putting away 70 achievements and 820 GS. We also racked up 8 completions, however it seems this week must be Kinect week as 6 of these completions were Kinect titles, more specifically Kinect Fun Labs and Sport Gems titles.

And now onto the individual scores. Well a low scoring day means 7 people scored less than 100 GS yesterday, they being GrahamoftheDead, Leigh36295, Tenlo, Gambler6464, Stubbymite, Waggly Bean and Kent Hammer with scores of 80, 75, 70, 55, 30, 25 and 10 GS each. Graham also managed two completions with Kinect Sports Gem: Penalty Saver and Kinect Fun Labs: I am Super, while I finished off Shark Dash on my WP8.

That leaves three players topping the 100GS mark. Markav , Sumshift FK and BawHawHaw managed to score 195, 180, and 100GS each while BawHawHaw probably had something in his eye as he finished The Walking Dead and Markav is probably exhausted today after finishing four Kinect Fun Lab titles - Googly Eyes, Kinect Me, Kinect Sparkler and Bobble Head.

Being a slow day it'll be interesting to see how the scores affect the leaderboard so let's have a a look.

Waggly Bean - 2310
Markav - 1850
ShooterMcGavin2 - 1400
TreeMunky - 1380
Shiffy UK - 1260
GrahamoftheDead - 940
Tenlo - 905
Colne Crusader - 746
BawHawHaw - 740
Leigh36295 - 625
Sumshift FK - 505
Gambler6464 - 320
Kent Hammer - 230
Stubbymite - 30
Naf Vertone - 20

So no real changes in the leaderboard, apart from Stubbymite finally getting onto the scoreboard and knocking Naf Vertone into last place. Although there is still a big gap to catch Kent with three weeks to go, it'd be very easy to catch up. It does also seem that Waggly Bean has run out of steam as Markav shortens Waggly Beans lead and it is still pretty much an open race for the final victor.

Finally in other news, TreeMunky has kindly donated a new copy of Dishonored for the comp, so I will hopefully have the final prizes set up for announcements tomorrow, once I've had a chance to figure out how to distribute them. But until then, keep those arcade scores coming in, I don't want an easy day yet!!
Tenlo
Tenlo
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

Back to top Go down

Post  Waggly Bean Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:38 am

I was just taking a short break to play some Indie Games... that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it. Razz
Waggly Bean
Waggly Bean
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:52 am

Colne needs to put his cock away and get some points on the board!

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbymite Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:12 am

Yes least I aint bottom no more.

I have loads to play through I just need to get on to actually play them Smile
stubbymite
stubbymite
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : StubbyMite
Number of posts : 4312
Registration date : 2010-05-21
TGD Reputation : 90
TGD Elite Member Points : 10070

Back to top Go down

Post  KENT HAMMER Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:24 am

stubbymite wrote:Yes least I aint bottom no more.

I have loads to play through I just need to get on to actually play them Smile

That's ruined that sweepstake then on whether he is dead or not............
KENT HAMMER
KENT HAMMER
Site Owner & Admin
Site Owner & Admin

XBOX Gamertag : KENT HAMMER
Number of posts : 13825
Registration date : 2009-01-05
TGD Reputation : 578
TGD Elite Member Points : 25634

https://www.youtube.com/TheGamesDenTV

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:03 pm

Is there a chance of a shiny new banner for the winner? I like the thought of it always being there under my posts for Colne to see, nothing could possibly spur me on more. cyclops

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next