The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer
The Games Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So who won out of the recent releases?

+10
RabidHellBunny
kinmad4it
Gabhlan
habitualschizo
Ba5sett
minkey_monkey
KENT HAMMER
Tricky34
Thommo
Tenlo
14 posters

Go down

Who won out of the recent Releases?

So who won out of the recent releases? I_vote_lcap23%So who won out of the recent releases? I_vote_rcap 23% 
[ 5 ]
So who won out of the recent releases? I_vote_lcap5%So who won out of the recent releases? I_vote_rcap 5% 
[ 1 ]
So who won out of the recent releases? I_vote_lcap14%So who won out of the recent releases? I_vote_rcap 14% 
[ 3 ]
So who won out of the recent releases? I_vote_lcap41%So who won out of the recent releases? I_vote_rcap 41% 
[ 9 ]
So who won out of the recent releases? I_vote_lcap9%So who won out of the recent releases? I_vote_rcap 9% 
[ 2 ]
So who won out of the recent releases? I_vote_lcap0%So who won out of the recent releases? I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
So who won out of the recent releases? I_vote_lcap5%So who won out of the recent releases? I_vote_rcap 5% 
[ 1 ]
So who won out of the recent releases? I_vote_lcap0%So who won out of the recent releases? I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
[ 1 ]
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 22

So who won out of the recent releases? Empty So who won out of the recent releases?

Post  Tenlo Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:54 am

So as we come to the end of the pre-xmas releases what has been the best game according to all things GSA? I've tried to cover as many titles as I could remember but if there was others let me know. I have a sneaky feeling I know who won, but lets see how it pans out!

Last edited by Tenlo on Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Tenlo
Tenlo
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : Tenlo
Number of posts : 4825
Registration date : 2011-02-03
TGD Reputation : 187
TGD Elite Member Points : 11929

Back to top Go down

So who won out of the recent releases? Empty Re: So who won out of the recent releases?

Post  Thommo Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:05 am

I'm torn between Gears, Batman and Battlefield, but will have to say Battlefield 3. The single player isn't much to write home about, but the multiplayer's epic and won't get old for a very long time. I love you

I haven't played Skyrim yet though, it does look amazing. Shocked

Last edited by thommo12 on Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Thommo
Thommo
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

Number of posts : 1090
Registration date : 2009-07-20
TGD Reputation : 32
TGD Elite Member Points : 6695

Back to top Go down

So who won out of the recent releases? Empty Re: So who won out of the recent releases?

Post  Tricky34 Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:09 am

I voted for Gears 3, but it is actually the only game on the list i've played so far...
Tricky34
Tricky34
Games Den Moderator
Games Den Moderator

XBOX Gamertag : Tricky34
Number of posts : 7255
Registration date : 2009-05-31
TGD Reputation : 152
TGD Elite Member Points : 13287

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:40 am

I voted GOW3 - it would have been MW3 but there has been so much glitches. Not being able to play Special Ops solo if the servers are down, I don't get that. The Elite service that is hit and miss to get onto. One more gripe, lagging in Multiplayer when you have just entered multiplayer and haven't even started a game - nightmare.

Back to top Go down

Post  KENT HAMMER Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:52 am

Anyone who has played Skyrim will quickly realise how average the other releases have been.

I played Sonic and battlefield on my other tag and thought sonic was the better game Very Happy
KENT HAMMER
KENT HAMMER
Site Owner & Admin
Site Owner & Admin

XBOX Gamertag : KENT HAMMER
Number of posts : 13825
Registration date : 2009-01-05
TGD Reputation : 578
TGD Elite Member Points : 25617

https://www.youtube.com/TheGamesDenTV

Back to top Go down

Post  minkey_monkey Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:03 am

I wanted to click Skyrim and Assassins Creed. My final desicion went with Skyrim purely for the fact I will no doubt get more game play out of it than I will AC.

I will pick up Saints Row the Third after Christmas if I get some cash instead of Gifts.

I'll have to grab a copy of Dead Island at some point too as that will be leaving soon.
minkey_monkey
minkey_monkey
Games Den Moderator
Games Den Moderator

XBOX Gamertag : Minkey M0nkey
Number of posts : 8100
Registration date : 2009-05-12
TGD Reputation : 204
TGD Elite Member Points : 14195

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:10 am

I can only vote on the games I have played so far and it takes a lot for me to admit to liking any game more than my beloved gears but Battlefield 3, you have my heart I love you
I have spent 48 hours playing the multiplayer in since it was released, that is ruddy ridiculous and I still don't want to play anything else. Even if I had bought skyrim I know my answer would be the same as it's multiplayer first for me. It always will be
Best multiplayer experience ever. Thank you dice Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Tenlo Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:21 am

Ahh I knew I'd forgotten something that's been amended.Arkham city is up there now!
Tenlo
Tenlo
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : Tenlo
Number of posts : 4825
Registration date : 2011-02-03
TGD Reputation : 187
TGD Elite Member Points : 11929

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:43 am

Gears 3 is my choice just because I enjoyed the single player so much I will quite happily play it again and again and the MP is so well done and really has something for everyone. However , my GOTY is still Dark Souls Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Ba5sett Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:04 am

As cheesy as it sounds I'd say that we are the real winners, what an epic selection of games this year, I've had to hold off from purchasing skyrim, assassins creed and mw3 as I've already got far too many games to play!
Ba5sett
Ba5sett
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : Ba5sett
Number of posts : 3288
Registration date : 2009-09-18
TGD Reputation : 58
TGD Elite Member Points : 9062

Back to top Go down

Post  habitualschizo Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:56 am

I wanted to vote Gears, Arkham, AC:R, AND Skyrim, but obviously plumped for Skyrim. Purely because it's the only game that's been found welded to the disc tray. But I'm also gonna give honourable mention to Uncharted 3 which is easily the best PS3 exclusive I've played for 18 months.
habitualschizo
habitualschizo
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : habitualschizo
Number of posts : 1063
Registration date : 2011-03-16
TGD Reputation : 54
TGD Elite Member Points : 6142

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:34 pm

I'm surprising myself here for voting Skyrim, I was never a big Oblivion fan infact I would go as far as saying I hated it.
But after 5 hours of gaming I can tell I'm gonna get more use out of it than any other game I own.
I agree with the earlier post as gamers we have been spoiled this year yet again and here was me thinking this year was going to be a bit dull gaming wise.

Back to top Go down

Post  Gabhlan Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:50 pm

Gears is also the only one I've played so far but it doesn't mean it's any less awesome. I think Skyrim might be my second choice followed by Battlefield-3, which should be turning up any day now Laughing
Gabhlan
Gabhlan
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : Gabhlan
Number of posts : 2395
Registration date : 2009-03-24
TGD Reputation : 31
TGD Elite Member Points : 8134

Back to top Go down

Post  minkey_monkey Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:55 pm

only toe knee wrote:I'm surprising myself here for voting Skyrim, I was never a big Oblivion fan infact I would go as far as saying I hated it.
But after 5 hours of gaming I can tell I'm gonna get more use out of it than any other game I own.
I agree with the earlier post as gamers we have been spoiled this year yet again and here was me thinking this year was going to be a bit dull gaming wise.

This confuses me as I know quite a few people who hated Oblivion but are loving Skyrim lol. For me they are both amazing and the game play etc is very similar but obviously a few tweaks. I feel like I've just brought an epic expansion pack to Oblivion when playing this.
minkey_monkey
minkey_monkey
Games Den Moderator
Games Den Moderator

XBOX Gamertag : Minkey M0nkey
Number of posts : 8100
Registration date : 2009-05-12
TGD Reputation : 204
TGD Elite Member Points : 14195

Back to top Go down

Post  kinmad4it Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:14 pm

I've only played Gears 3 out of all that lot, so have to vote for that. Only other game I plan on playing is AC:Revelations.
kinmad4it
kinmad4it
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : kinmad4it
Number of posts : 2140
Registration date : 2010-05-09
TGD Reputation : 69
TGD Elite Member Points : 7459

Back to top Go down

Post  RabidHellBunny Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:16 pm

I voted Gears 3, only one I have so far and I haven't played anything else since it was released.
RabidHellBunny
RabidHellBunny
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : RabidHellBunny
Number of posts : 3375
Registration date : 2009-03-26
TGD Reputation : 141
TGD Elite Member Points : 9136

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:01 pm

minkey_monkey wrote:
only toe knee wrote:I'm surprising myself here for voting Skyrim, I was never a big Oblivion fan infact I would go as far as saying I hated it.

This confuses me as I know quite a few people who hated Oblivion but are loving Skyrim lol. For me they are both amazing and the game play etc is very similar but obviously a few tweaks. I feel like I've just brought an epic expansion pack to Oblivion when playing this.
Yeah you're right it is the same game, I just think back when Oblivion was released I was a very different gamer and it wasn't my cup of tea.
I have matured gaming wise since them days and enjoy these sorts of game a hell of alot more.

Back to top Go down

Post  Ninja Yaro Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:05 pm

I've only played Gears 3 and Dead Island from the list, Dead Island is a good game and a lot of fun in co-op but I'm a huge Gears fan so I voted Gears 3.
Ninja Yaro
Ninja Yaro
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : Ninja Yaro
Number of posts : 2009
Registration date : 2010-05-29
TGD Reputation : 49
TGD Elite Member Points : 7205

Back to top Go down

Post  GrahamOfTheDead Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:10 pm

Batman wins.
GrahamOfTheDead
GrahamOfTheDead
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : GrahamOfTheDead
Number of posts : 4572
Registration date : 2009-10-30
TGD Reputation : 109
TGD Elite Member Points : 11080

Back to top Go down

Post  Rabbid Jon 77 Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:18 pm

Voted Dead Island as it's the only game I really played but still haven't finished due to far too many games. Have played the story of Gears 3 but was kinda disappointed (sorry). I haven't had the time to play the multiplayer much and have far too many games to start much else. Just not enough time in a day is there.
Rabbid Jon 77
Rabbid Jon 77
unaddicted
unaddicted

XBOX Gamertag : Rabbid Jon 77
Number of posts : 188
Registration date : 2011-09-25
TGD Reputation : 1
TGD Elite Member Points : 4839

Back to top Go down

Post  Ba5sett Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:15 am

Honorable mention to Deus Ex and Fifa 12 too which are both great games, I voted Battlefield but I'm reserving judgement for my game of the year list as we've still got a bit of time left and i've still not managed to play all the games!
Ba5sett
Ba5sett
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:49 pm

If we are to do Honorable mentions then chuck RAGE in there too. Started to really get into this last night, even the driving sections are well done and the "mutant smash tv" side quests are great fun.

Back to top Go down

Post  Riled Wolf Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:31 pm

It's a tough one this as I have to pick between AC: Revelations, Battlefield 3, Gears 3 and Skyrim but I've had to go with the Creed as it has drawn me into the singleplayer story far more than any of the others have and while the MP might not be as epic as battlefield's its still in a class of its own.
Riled Wolf
Riled Wolf
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : Riled Wolf
Number of posts : 1460
Registration date : 2010-05-15
TGD Reputation : 138
TGD Elite Member Points : 7272

Back to top Go down

Post  Ba5sett Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:59 pm

Ah yeah I completely forgot about rage I was really enjoying it but it's been forgotten as other things have caught my attention, will have another blast this weekend I reckon
Ba5sett
Ba5sett
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down