The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer
The Games Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HALO ANNIVERSARY who's given in to the power of the franchise for next week???

+7
Stevilinho
Tenlo
kinmad4it
Mavriick
stubbymite
KENT HAMMER
Gabhlan
11 posters

Go down

HALO ANNIVERSARY who's given in to the power of the franchise for next week??? Empty HALO ANNIVERSARY who's given in to the power of the franchise for next week???

Post  Gabhlan Fri Nov 11, 2011 11:43 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Just wondering who's getting this on release next week? I was adamant that I wouldn't pay almost €50 for it and would wait a few extra weeks until it bombs in price, which I'd imagine will happen relativity quickly.

However being a complete Halo fanboy I found myself this morning powerless to resist the urge to buy it and have now pre-ordered a copy. So go on own up if you're also going pay top price for this on release day and get access to its gaming brilliance wrapped up in shiny new 343 studios graphical yumminess before all the sensible people who'll get it nice a cheap.
Gabhlan
Gabhlan
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : Gabhlan
Number of posts : 2395
Registration date : 2009-03-24
TGD Reputation : 31
TGD Elite Member Points : 8134

Back to top Go down

HALO ANNIVERSARY who's given in to the power of the franchise for next week??? Empty Re: HALO ANNIVERSARY who's given in to the power of the franchise for next week???

Post  Guest Fri Nov 11, 2011 11:56 am

No
Never understood what is so great about this franchise and I am proud I resisted the hype about buying reach as I knew I would hate as much as the others. I will gladly pass and leave it to the fanboys

Back to top Go down

HALO ANNIVERSARY who's given in to the power of the franchise for next week??? Empty Re: HALO ANNIVERSARY who's given in to the power of the franchise for next week???

Post  KENT HAMMER Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:13 pm

I will get it at some point but as I still have not even finished reach I cannot justify it yet.

good work on the posting though Gabs!

You have upped your game recently and I like your threads Very Happy
KENT HAMMER
KENT HAMMER
Site Owner & Admin
Site Owner & Admin

XBOX Gamertag : KENT HAMMER
Number of posts : 13825
Registration date : 2009-01-05
TGD Reputation : 578
TGD Elite Member Points : 25617

https://www.youtube.com/TheGamesDenTV

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbymite Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:22 pm

I do like the halo series but i cant really get into this.i dnt think that it has got the same hype as the other games and can see this being cheap within a few weeks. All i can say is bring on the january sales there gonna be pretty good this year Laughing
stubbymite
stubbymite
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : StubbyMite
Number of posts : 4312
Registration date : 2010-05-21
TGD Reputation : 90
TGD Elite Member Points : 10053

Back to top Go down

Post  Mavriick Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:58 pm

I`ve got Gears, Battlefield and now mw3 to play through still, as well as the impending Skyrim so i won`t be delving into my pocket for this one.
Mavriick
Mavriick
Mildly Addicted
Mildly Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : Mavriick55
Number of posts : 554
Registration date : 2009-03-27
TGD Reputation : 15
TGD Elite Member Points : 6157

Back to top Go down

Post  kinmad4it Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:26 pm

Can't decide. Just got Rage through the post today, doubt I'll play that, really wanna get AC:Revelations which is out the exact same day as Halo. Will I bother to play anything other than Gears 3. Probably not!
kinmad4it
kinmad4it
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : kinmad4it
Number of posts : 2140
Registration date : 2010-05-09
TGD Reputation : 69
TGD Elite Member Points : 7459

Back to top Go down

Post  Tenlo Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:39 pm

I will be getting this but probably not a day one release. My girlfriend is a huge halo fan and is currently playing through halo 1 with a friend every tuesday night (I get the house to myself yay!!) so it depends on how badly she wants to get it!! I might suprise her with it as special treat!!
Tenlo
Tenlo
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : Tenlo
Number of posts : 4825
Registration date : 2011-02-03
TGD Reputation : 187
TGD Elite Member Points : 11929

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Nov 11, 2011 2:22 pm

I had it pre-ordered, but I cancelled it. I can't see me dragging myself away from Gears 3 long enough to play it and I've also got lots to do on Halo ODST and Halo Reach. I might get it at some point in the future though.

Back to top Go down

Post  Gabhlan Fri Nov 11, 2011 2:42 pm

KENT HAMMER wrote:good work on the posting though Gabs!

I only post a thread when I have something interesting to say, which isn't very often Laughing Laughing Laughing

DoctorMambo wrote:I've also got lots to do on Halo ODST and Halo Reach
If you ever need any help with those you know where I am Smile same goes for you on your Reach progress Kent it's a tragedy you've not even finished the story yet.
Gabhlan
Gabhlan
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Nov 11, 2011 2:52 pm

Gabhlan wrote:
I only post a thread when I have something interesting to say, which isn't very often Laughing Laughing Laughing

If you ever need any help with those you know where I am Smile

You must have more interesting things to say than me then!

I will take you up on the Halo offer at some point, cheers!

Back to top Go down

Post  Stevilinho Fri Nov 11, 2011 3:01 pm

as much as i love halo i decided this is a game i can wait for i mean i have already plaed and completed it before lol and the halo online players will ALWAYS be there you will never fail to find a game

im now only down to saints row 3 next week, was assassins creed, halo and saints but dropped the other 2 now sadly
Stevilinho
Stevilinho
unaddicted
unaddicted

XBOX Gamertag : Stevilinho
Number of posts : 378
Registration date : 2010-10-10
TGD Reputation : 1
TGD Elite Member Points : 5405

Back to top Go down

Post  Tenlo Fri Nov 11, 2011 4:48 pm

DoctorMambo wrote:
Gabhlan wrote:

I'll be happy to join as well, need some ODST and Reach cheevs myself. Once I've finished all those I can make a start on Halo Wars!
Tenlo
Tenlo
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : Tenlo
Number of posts : 4825
Registration date : 2011-02-03
TGD Reputation : 187
TGD Elite Member Points : 11929

Back to top Go down

Post  Sweenaldo1985 Fri Nov 11, 2011 9:52 pm

I'll more than likely be grabbing it. I mean, I got Reach, ODST and 3 on release day, so why break the habit haha.

Sweenaldo1985
unaddicted
unaddicted

XBOX Gamertag : Sweenaldo 1985
Number of posts : 133
Registration date : 2010-03-20
TGD Reputation : 25
TGD Elite Member Points : 5344

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbymite Fri Nov 11, 2011 11:13 pm

this is already for sale in tesco is this ment to be out yet?
stubbymite
stubbymite
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : StubbyMite
Number of posts : 4312
Registration date : 2010-05-21
TGD Reputation : 90
TGD Elite Member Points : 10053

Back to top Go down

Post  Riled Wolf Sat Nov 12, 2011 12:39 am

I will be getting it. Only been a Halo fan for about a year so it would be good to see where it all started
Riled Wolf
Riled Wolf
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : Riled Wolf
Number of posts : 1460
Registration date : 2010-05-15
TGD Reputation : 138
TGD Elite Member Points : 7272

Back to top Go down

Post  Stevilinho Sun Nov 13, 2011 1:15 am

Tenlo wrote:
DoctorMambo wrote:
Gabhlan wrote:

I'll be happy to join as well, need some ODST and Reach cheevs myself. Once I've finished all those I can make a start on Halo Wars!

if you happen to go for 'who ate all the chips' in reach let me know and i will join you as thats the last i need for reach
Stevilinho
Stevilinho
unaddicted
unaddicted

XBOX Gamertag : Stevilinho
Number of posts : 378
Registration date : 2010-10-10
TGD Reputation : 1
TGD Elite Member Points : 5405

Back to top Go down

Post  Thommo Sun Nov 13, 2011 9:57 am

I've never been a big Halo fan, Halo 3 was my first. I might get it when it's a tenner, to see what all the fuss was about! Suspect
Thommo
Thommo
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

Number of posts : 1090
Registration date : 2009-07-20
TGD Reputation : 32
TGD Elite Member Points : 6695

Back to top Go down

Post  habitualschizo Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:15 pm

I wasnt going to , but picked it up cheap in Sainsbury's earlier. Probably won't play it today though lol
habitualschizo
habitualschizo
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : habitualschizo
Number of posts : 1063
Registration date : 2011-03-16
TGD Reputation : 54
TGD Elite Member Points : 6142

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:00 pm

‎"Most HD remakes get a spit-shine that's on par with a remastered Hollywood classic, but Halo's makeover is more akin to the Star Wars Special Editions from the mid nineties."

If there was ever a quote in a review to completely put me off a game, that was it right there!

Back to top Go down

Post  Gabhlan Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:45 pm

Nothing wrong with the special editions. Got a proper look at the snow monster for a change. Very Happy

Here's some more review info on it.
Tomorrow sees the release of Microsoft’s Xbox 360 exclusive Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary.

The game is an HD reworking of 2011 Xbox title sorts new visuals and new features, but is at core the very same game that established Halo as a gaming mega-brand ten years ago tomorrow.

“This is a game about the arc of a perfectly thrown grenade, a game about tense games of cat-and-mouse with foes as powerful as you, a game about constant improvisation with the tools at your disposal,” Edge noted, scoring it 9/10.

“It’s a game that always feels tactical, and a game that – even now – has the capacity to surprise. Allegedly, Bungie resisted the subtitle, but it’s as true now as it was then. It might be older, it might look younger, but this is still Combat Evolved.”

Official Xbox Magazine also went for 9/10, adding: “The love that's gone into this HD remake makes it more than worth its budget price. If you've never checked out this series, don't get bogged down by details: Halo is about a big bloke shooting cool guns at cool aliens in cool places. Ten years later, that's still enough.”

Eurogamer opted for 8/10, concluding: “This is no longer Bungie's Halo, though much of what made the original so successful is here and intact. It's an awkward reinvention that manages to be at once faithful and a little wide of the mark. But such is the strength of Combat Evolved, this is still an Anniversary that's worth celebrating.”

VideoGamer concurred with Eurogamer’s score, saying: “Bungie's iconic title was clearly an ambitious project, and this modern remastering sufficiently highlights what it was that made the original Halo: Combat Evolved such a landmark gaming moment to begin with. With Halo 4 perched on the horizon, now is a perfect time to look back before the series heads forwards."
Gabhlan
Gabhlan
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down