The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer
The Games Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Sonic Games for 20th Anniversary

+2
minkey_monkey
Tenlo
6 posters

Go down

New Sonic Games for 20th Anniversary Empty New Sonic Games for 20th Anniversary

Post  Tenlo Thu Apr 07, 2011 4:31 pm

The spiky blue one is 20 years old, which makes me feel quite old myself and to celebrate there will be all sorts of Sonic based things coming our way. According to an interview last year, courtesy of Game Informer, Sega have two or three big Sonic announcements. With the recent copyrighting of Sonic Generations and the below trailer it looks like a game with both versions of Sonic in may well be one of those announcements.

Tenlo
Tenlo
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : Tenlo
Number of posts : 4825
Registration date : 2011-02-03
TGD Reputation : 187
TGD Elite Member Points : 11924

Back to top Go down

New Sonic Games for 20th Anniversary Empty Re: New Sonic Games for 20th Anniversary

Post  minkey_monkey Thu Apr 07, 2011 5:10 pm

I've not been able to get on with sonic since his sega console days. As soon as it stopped being 1 view, I started feeling even more sick and lost Sad
minkey_monkey
minkey_monkey
Games Den Moderator
Games Den Moderator

XBOX Gamertag : Minkey M0nkey
Number of posts : 8099
Registration date : 2009-05-12
TGD Reputation : 204
TGD Elite Member Points : 14189

Back to top Go down

New Sonic Games for 20th Anniversary Empty Re: New Sonic Games for 20th Anniversary

Post  Leigh36295 Thu Apr 07, 2011 5:21 pm

I don't really get this trailer lol. What plausible reason can there be to have 2 sonics?
Leigh36295
Leigh36295
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : Leigh36295
Number of posts : 3988
Registration date : 2009-10-23
TGD Reputation : 198
TGD Elite Member Points : 10108

Back to top Go down

Post  Colne Crusader Thu Apr 07, 2011 6:59 pm

When I think of Sonic, I think of the Emperor's New Clothes!

I can't be the only person in the world who thinks the Sonic Games are decidedly average!? I've always been underwhelmed by them. Even in their Hey-day on the Megadrive, I always thought there were a myriad of better platformers around. Oh well, millions of people can't be wrong, but a classic case of style over substance if you ask me! Razz
Colne Crusader
Colne Crusader
Games Den Moderator
Games Den Moderator

XBOX Gamertag : Colne Crusader
Number of posts : 6893
Registration date : 2010-04-21
TGD Reputation : 158
TGD Elite Member Points : 13364

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:06 pm

Colne Crusader wrote:When I think of Sonic, I think of the Emperor's New Clothes!

I can't be the only person in the world who thinks the Sonic Games are decidedly average!? I've always been underwhelmed by them. Even in their Hey-day on the Megadrive, I always thought there were a myriad of better platformers around. Oh well, millions of people can't be wrong, but a classic case of style over substance if you ask me! Razz

You're not the only one. I've never seen the appeal in the Sonic platform games, although I do like the Sonic mario kart clone.

Back to top Go down

Post  billposter Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:39 pm

well i loved sonic ... although there have been a lot of disapointments along the way...but when i had a dreamcast the action stages in sonic adventure 1 & 2 could be pretty satisfying and impressive at times...unfortunately they usually come with infuriating glitchy handeling at times...still you never know!!
billposter
billposter
unaddicted
unaddicted

XBOX Gamertag : billposter
Number of posts : 106
Registration date : 2010-07-14
TGD Reputation : 5
TGD Elite Member Points : 5155

Back to top Go down

Post  Leigh36295 Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:12 pm

I like sonic because it was the first game I ever played if I remember correctly. I spent years when I was younger playing it with my sister before school, and there was no saving back then, so we used to cover the console up so our mum didn't notice, but every day she turned it off while we were out. Just made us try harder to complete it quickly. Ahh the memories Razz
Leigh36295
Leigh36295
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : Leigh36295
Number of posts : 3988
Registration date : 2009-10-23
TGD Reputation : 198
TGD Elite Member Points : 10108

Back to top Go down

Post  Ba5sett Fri Apr 08, 2011 11:27 am

I used to love sonic when I was younger but i'm getting a bit tired of the cycle of sega hyping up another sonic game and it turning out to be crap, even the 2d one that they did recently was a bit of a let down
Ba5sett
Ba5sett
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : Ba5sett
Number of posts : 3288
Registration date : 2009-09-18
TGD Reputation : 58
TGD Elite Member Points : 9057

Back to top Go down

Post  Tenlo Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:21 pm

It's official now! THe new trailer is below, it seems that you play as both incarnations both original 2D Sonic ala Sonic 4 and the more modern Sonic ala Sonic Adventure. Whether this is a good thing or not has yet to be seen, but it would be nice for Sonic to celebrate his 20th with something decent for once

Tenlo
Tenlo
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : Tenlo
Number of posts : 4825
Registration date : 2011-02-03
TGD Reputation : 187
TGD Elite Member Points : 11924

Back to top Go down

Post  Ba5sett Sun May 22, 2011 10:13 pm

Looks like sega could have finally realised what Sonic fans have been wanting for all these years, this looks amazing:

Sonic Generations Classic Gameplay video

And in fact the 'modern' gameplay looks pretty cool too:

Sonic Generations Modern Gameplay video
Ba5sett
Ba5sett
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : Ba5sett
Number of posts : 3288
Registration date : 2009-09-18
TGD Reputation : 58
TGD Elite Member Points : 9057

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down