The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer
The Games Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Halo: Reach Defiant Map Pack Announced

+3
stubbymite
kinmad4it
Gabhlan
7 posters

Go down

Halo: Reach Defiant Map Pack Announced Empty Halo: Reach Defiant Map Pack Announced

Post  Gabhlan Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:01 am

Halo's second map pack is due to arrive in March Microsoft has announced the second installment of DLC for Halo: Reach, the "Defiant Map Pack."

Just like the last map pack, it will cost you 800 MSP and add more achievements to the game worth a total of 150G. The pack includes three new maps, detailed below:

Condemned
Condemned takes place aboard Orbital Station Gamma, a massive space station high in orbit above the planet Reach. Prior to the Covenant’s overwhelming invasion, Orbital Station Gamma provided long range communications for UNSC fleets and a vital lifeline between Reach and Earth. During the Battle of Reach, the station suffered terrible punishment at the hands of the Covenant but a few fortified sections remain intact, fully pressurized, and ready for combat. Condemned supports 6 – 12 players in a variety of action-packed game types, including Team Slayer, Team Objective and Free for All.

Highlands
Highlands takes place on the top-secret Military Wilderness Training Preserve on Reach. The Preserve is a large, wooded area where Spartan super-soldiers trained long before the war with the Covenant began. During the Battle of Reach, the Preserve was the site of key battles between the alien invaders and a group of Spartans who used their familiarity with these UNSC training grounds to significant tactical advantage…but not everyone who enters these woods makes it out alive. Highlands expands the fight with massive-scale engagements for 8 – 16 players in Big Team Battle, Team Slayer and Team Objective.

Unearthed
Unearthed takes the battle for Reach to a large Titanium mine and refinery located in the Viery civilian sector of the planet. This particular mine was built to take advantage of the exposed titanium inside a massive meteor crater. The titanium produced here is used in much of the UNSC hardware, from the chassis of the Warthog to the meters-thick armor plating of capital ships like the UNSC Pillar of Autumn. While this facility was quickly abandoned when the Covenant arrived on Reach, it still has significant tactical (and economic) value and it won’t be long before both humans and Covenant return to battle for control. Unearthed allows up to 4 players to launch a counterassault against the Covenant in Firefight and Firefight modes such as Generator Defense.

The map pack has been developed in partnership with Certain Affinity, a developer founded by ex-Bungie employees in 2006, who made the "Blastacular Map Pack" for Halo 2 and worked on Halo Waypoint alongside 343 Industries, as well as creating some of the multiplayer maps for Call of Duty: Black Ops.

Annoucment on Bungie.net LINKY
Pictures on Flickr LINKY
Gabhlan
Gabhlan
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : Gabhlan
Number of posts : 2395
Registration date : 2009-03-24
TGD Reputation : 31
TGD Elite Member Points : 8141

Back to top Go down

Halo: Reach Defiant Map Pack Announced Empty Re: Halo: Reach Defiant Map Pack Announced

Post  Guest Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:03 am

Good news, but I think I'll wait for the inevitable bundle of all 3 map packs, or a DOTW on them.

Back to top Go down

Halo: Reach Defiant Map Pack Announced Empty Re: Halo: Reach Defiant Map Pack Announced

Post  kinmad4it Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:40 am

I really need to take the shrinkwrap off this and have a go. Think I'll also wait till these maps and the previous ones drop in price or are in some deal of the week malarky. Need to play it first anyway to see if the new maps can be justified.
kinmad4it
kinmad4it
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : kinmad4it
Number of posts : 2140
Registration date : 2010-05-09
TGD Reputation : 69
TGD Elite Member Points : 7466

Back to top Go down

Post  Gabhlan Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:37 pm

I think I might be a sucker and pay full price for it this time. I was holding out after the last one was released but eventually gave in to temptation and bought it so there's no point in waiting this time round Laughing
Gabhlan
Gabhlan
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : Gabhlan
Number of posts : 2395
Registration date : 2009-03-24
TGD Reputation : 31
TGD Elite Member Points : 8141

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbymite Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:41 pm

i am gonna be playing this a lot more when i get to my fifty thousand gamerscore.

I have been putting off my big titles to play the whore games Laughing
stubbymite
stubbymite
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : StubbyMite
Number of posts : 4312
Registration date : 2010-05-21
TGD Reputation : 90
TGD Elite Member Points : 10060

Back to top Go down

Post  Tenlo Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:04 pm

I'll be picking this up more than likely, Always been a bit of a Halo fan, even though most aren't. It's actually surprising that there are few meets on forums for this game I find, if enough people are interested I'll try and set one up!
Tenlo
Tenlo
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : Tenlo
Number of posts : 4825
Registration date : 2011-02-03
TGD Reputation : 187
TGD Elite Member Points : 11936

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:19 pm

I've just started playing Halo Reach multiplayer,will have to download this when it comes out. I'm not that great at killing the other team members yet,but ( according to other people ) my deaths are 'EPIC' lol!

Back to top Go down

Post  Tenlo Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:30 pm

See you haven't experienced the rush of Halo until you've thrown a grenade halfway across the map to see it stick to some unsuspecting guy and blow him up!!
Tenlo
Tenlo
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : Tenlo
Number of posts : 4825
Registration date : 2011-02-03
TGD Reputation : 187
TGD Elite Member Points : 11936

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:36 pm

I find running up to enemy scorpions and chucking a grenade in,then stepping back and watching them try to get out before it blows very very satisfying indeed Cool

Back to top Go down

Post  Asurans Progeny Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:15 pm

I know I'm going to get this, I'd buy a skirt if it had the word Halo on it. Embarassed
Asurans Progeny
Asurans Progeny
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : Asurans Progeny
Number of posts : 1022
Registration date : 2010-02-12
TGD Reputation : 49
TGD Elite Member Points : 6576

Back to top Go down

Post  Leigh36295 Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:57 pm

Was the first map pack any good?. I only need the achievements for getting to a certain rank, and getting to a certain rank and buying something, so need to get playing the multiplayer again. Does the first pack have any extra achievements?
Leigh36295
Leigh36295
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : Leigh36295
Number of posts : 3988
Registration date : 2009-10-23
TGD Reputation : 198
TGD Elite Member Points : 10120

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbymite Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:22 pm

Leigh36295 wrote:Was the first map pack any good?. I only need the achievements for getting to a certain rank, and getting to a certain rank and buying something, so need to get playing the multiplayer again. Does the first pack have any extra achievements?

Yeah it does leigh i think that was around 150g also
stubbymite
stubbymite
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbymite Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:00 pm

new news about release date:

Microsoft announced yesterday that the upcoming second DLC for Halo: Reach, the Defiant Map Pack, will be released on March 15th.

As previously reported, the three maps will set you back 800 MSP and add an additional 150G to the game's total. That original announcement of the map pack was packed with details about each map, so check that out for more details. There's nothing really more to add to that, other than these brand new screenshots of each map.
stubbymite
stubbymite
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

Back to top Go down

Post  Riled Wolf Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:02 pm

i will have to get this as i thought the first map pack was good
Riled Wolf
Riled Wolf
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : Riled Wolf
Number of posts : 1460
Registration date : 2010-05-15
TGD Reputation : 138
TGD Elite Member Points : 7279

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down