The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer
The Games Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Assassins Creed: Brotherhood

+7
Stucowie
Jameseire85
kinmad4it
Tricky34
KENT HAMMER
stubbymite
Riled Wolf
11 posters

Go down

Assassins Creed: Brotherhood Empty Assassins Creed: Brotherhood

Post  Riled Wolf Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:14 pm

Assassins Creed: Brotherhood 2010-010
Assassins Creed: Brotherhood
Produced by Ubisoft Montreal

There seem be a lot of people who still haven't got the message that Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood is a FULL single player game based in a whole new city which is the same size as the 3 main cities in AC 2 Combined. The game has also been given an all new multiplayer element as well making this the largest Assassin’s Creed game to date so if you are scepticle about getting it as you think it sould only be an add-on for Assassins Creed 2 think again. AC: Brotherhood’s single player continues on from exactly where AC 2 ended. While in AC 2 you might have thought Ezio’s work was done it turns out he still has a way to go before Desmond can access the memory he needs to find one of the lost pieces of Eden.

Assassins Creed: Brotherhood Assass14
The majority of AC: Brotherhood will see you running, climbing and jumping across the massive city of Rome however you do get to spend a bit more time playing as Desmond in this game where you will go to 2 Key locations with him and this is where you can see the bleeding affect has really taught him the tricks of his ancestors.

Assassins Creed: Brotherhood Assass10

When you now play as Ezio you will notice very early in the game that the combat mechanic has been overhauled giving it a much more balanced feeling between offensive and defensive attacks as the previously invaluable counter has been weakened. To put an emphasis on making Ezio attack after a few parries Ezio will go into a quick kill sequence where you will get one hit kills on each enemy you target as long as you don’t get hit by an attack or grab from another enemy which they will try to do to break your quick kill chain. This makes the combat side if the game a lot more fun and when you unlock the ability to recruit assassin’s into your guild you can also call in for help which can be invaluable later in the game.

Assassins Creed: Brotherhood Assass13

The economy system has be carried over from AC 2 however it has been given something of an overhaul as you will be using the majority of your money to restore Rome to its former glory reinstating shops, getting the old tunnel system (fast travel) back up and running and buying up monuments and places of interest as well. All of these buildings add to your earnings which get deposited in the banks and they can be accessed all over the city. There’s also quite a few new bits of kit Ezio is going to need to spend quite a bit of cash for including some new items from Leonardo.

Assassins Creed: Brotherhood Assass12

With Ezio’s new ability to recruit wannabe assassins we also get another new feature the ability to manage you guild of assassins. You can accept contracts all over Europe and assign your apprentices to these contracts where they will gain experience making them more powerful and also enabling you to give them better armour and weapons.

One of the least liked features in previous Assassin’s Creed games was the requirement to collect lost of flags and feathers and I’m afraid to say this game is no different in that respect however there are much few flags only 101 and only 10 feathers and the best bit about this is once you have completed the campaign you can then buy maps for them from art shops and they will appear as icons on the main map the same way the treasure chests did in AC 2.

Assassins Creed: Brotherhood Assass11

The multiplayer is another innovative new feature in AC: Brotherhood and while the Game play mechanic isn’t entirely original until a month ago I have only seen one other game use this system and that was a game on the pc called “The Ship”. This is several hundred times better however as it puts you on reasonably large maps with hundreds of NPC characters all walking around doing their own thing and this is where it gets interesting.

There are 3 main game types there is Wanted which is an 6-8 player free for all in which you are given a target (another player) to kill you get more points the more stealthy you make the kill and you will be being hunted by another player so you need to blend with the crowd as much as possible to make it harder for them to target you. The higher up the scoreboard you are as the round progresses the more people will be contracted to take you down if you are first you can have 4 people hunting you if your second you can have 3 and so on. Also should you miss your target and take out a lookalike NPC then your target will actually receive points instead and you also have the ability to stun your pursuer which will give you a good points boost but is very hard to do.

Assassins Creed: Brotherhood Ac_bro10

Manhunt has you working as 2 teams of 4 and you take turns over 2 rounds playing as hunters and hunted where roles switch at the beginning of each round as attackers you earn the most points for performing the most coordinated attacks and getting the highest quality kills. As prey you get most points for hiding from your attackers close to another teammate and also humiliating your pursuers by escaping from them and stunning them.

The final game type is Alliance and sees you split into 3 teams of 2 and again is played over 2 rounds this time however each team is hunting another team which is displayed as each team making up a corner of a triangle so in round one team 1 hunts team 2, team 2 hunts team 3 and team 3 hunts team 1then in round 2 the triangle as it is displayed reverses and team 1 hunts team 3 and so on.

This game has 40 single player and 10 multiplayer achievements and I can easily say is a granted 1000 as there are guides online already for anything anyone might struggle with in the single player although they are all easy achievements you should be able to get anyway. Most of the multiplayer achievements can be boosted in a private match with a couple of friends in only a few minutes and all the ones you can’t you should get when going for the reach level 50 achievement anyway.

Assassins Creed: Brotherhood Acb_sp10

This is an excellent addition to an already brilliant series in my opinion. It's very well put together the graphics feel sharper and the game play seems to be more refined with each new game. The story continues to be as character driven, focused and most importantly engaging as it was in the last game and with the addition of a little more story taking place outside the animus including yet another big ending this time focused around Desmond it will leave you hoping they get a move on with the next game. The multiplayer is also very fun and with its ranking system continuously giving you new abilities and weapons I can’t see myself getting bored of stabbing random strangers in the back any time soon.

Score.... 9.5/10
Riled Wolf
Riled Wolf
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : Riled Wolf
Number of posts : 1460
Registration date : 2010-05-15
TGD Reputation : 138
TGD Elite Member Points : 7268

Back to top Go down

Assassins Creed: Brotherhood Empty Re: Assassins Creed: Brotherhood

Post  Guest Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:27 pm

nice review matey

I am still wary of Ass Creed titles after the awful first game, but your high praise has made me think I might need to get 2 and Brotherhood played.

have rep

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbymite Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:45 pm

nice review mate i have only ever played the second game all the way through and i think i was kinda spoilt with that as assasins creed one is pants compared to it.

This newer game seems to be a step up from the last game and sounds brilliant. Cant wait for christmas as i know the misses already has this for me and its killing me not being able to play it.

Nice review anyway reparoola coming your way! Smile
stubbymite
stubbymite
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : StubbyMite
Number of posts : 4312
Registration date : 2010-05-21
TGD Reputation : 90
TGD Elite Member Points : 10049

Back to top Go down

Post  KENT HAMMER Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:51 pm

Top stuff mate.
This is a true AAA title if ever there was one! Very Happy
KENT HAMMER
KENT HAMMER
Site Owner & Admin
Site Owner & Admin

XBOX Gamertag : KENT HAMMER
Number of posts : 13824
Registration date : 2009-01-05
TGD Reputation : 578
TGD Elite Member Points : 25612

https://www.youtube.com/TheGamesDenTV

Back to top Go down

Post  Tricky34 Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:56 pm

Good review mate, i'm looking forward to playing this at some point.

I really enjoyed the 2nd game far more than the first! So i'm glad to hear that this is better still!
Tricky34
Tricky34
Games Den Moderator
Games Den Moderator

XBOX Gamertag : Tricky34
Number of posts : 7254
Registration date : 2009-05-31
TGD Reputation : 152
TGD Elite Member Points : 13282

Back to top Go down

Post  kinmad4it Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:00 pm

Nice review mate.
I love the Assassins Creed series and hope they carry on making more of them for many more years. The potential is certainly there for loads of sequels as they could have memories from any age. I'd personally love to see one set in Ancient China, but that's just a personal wish as I'd also love a free roam Red Dead style game set in that period too with classic weapons and hand to hand combat replacing guns.

Embarrassed to say I got the game on Sunday and have still to take the plastic shrink wrap of it yet Shocked
I also keep thinking about trying to collect all the frustrating flags and feathers from 1 and 2 but never get round to it Mad
kinmad4it
kinmad4it
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : kinmad4it
Number of posts : 2140
Registration date : 2010-05-09
TGD Reputation : 69
TGD Elite Member Points : 7455

Back to top Go down

Post  Jameseire85 Wed Nov 24, 2010 3:16 pm

Good review.

The assasins creed series looks like it is now a well established powerhouse. The 2nd game was a huge leap forward from the first and it looks like ubisoft are not resting on the laurels and the improvements keep coming!
Jameseire85
Jameseire85
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : Jameseire85
Number of posts : 1136
Registration date : 2009-04-21
TGD Reputation : 43
TGD Elite Member Points : 6732

Back to top Go down

Post  Stucowie Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:43 pm

I dont know what it is, but no matter how many times I try to play ass creed 1 or 2, I just get bored within 5 mins... this has happened at least 4 times so far! lol

Great review tho mate Smile
Stucowie
Stucowie
Mildly Addicted
Mildly Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : Stucowie
Number of posts : 829
Registration date : 2010-10-27
TGD Reputation : 59
TGD Elite Member Points : 6014

http://gamingbyt-bo.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  GrahamOfTheDead Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:05 pm

Only just got around to reading this. Nice work!

I think I'll be getting this after christmas. I hated the first AC, but I'm currently playing ACII and I'm loving it.
GrahamOfTheDead
GrahamOfTheDead
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : GrahamOfTheDead
Number of posts : 4572
Registration date : 2009-10-30
TGD Reputation : 109
TGD Elite Member Points : 11076

Back to top Go down

Post  Colne Crusader Sun Dec 19, 2010 5:45 pm

Well done on a great review!!!

These games seem to have a lot of love put into them with their lavish design details. Even the first one to a degree! This is now one of the most important franchises this generation!
Colne Crusader
Colne Crusader
Games Den Moderator
Games Den Moderator

XBOX Gamertag : Colne Crusader
Number of posts : 6893
Registration date : 2010-04-21
TGD Reputation : 158
TGD Elite Member Points : 13365

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:13 pm

game is brill just started it but the hours i spent on it so far are well spent

Back to top Go down

Post  Dynamic Jackel Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:32 pm

Nice review riled really want this game even more so now
Dynamic Jackel
Dynamic Jackel
unaddicted
unaddicted

XBOX Gamertag : Dynamic Jackel
Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2009-10-09
TGD Reputation : 2
TGD Elite Member Points : 5347

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:59 pm

Great reveiw. I have AC 1 and 2 and love them both so have been umming and arring over this one. Until now I thought it was just an add on but pleased to see I was wrong.Went to buy it last week but walked out with Red Dead Redemption instead. Looks like I'll be buying this next week Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:41 pm

Played this over the few weeks i was away from the site i had high hopes but to me it felt to much like a dlc pack in a full game.

Ive played all the others 1 and 2 it feels alot like 2 and plays alot like it also which you would expect with the added brotherhood add on which to me is poor it just feels like you have a special power when ever in trouble button in press lb arrows shoot down you're out of trouble.

It's not that hard to train them up easily done withing a few hours would have been better if you could go on the missions with them and not just send them off wait 8mins to then find they done it and recieved xp.

Top story what you would expect as every game has but sadly to me felt like a cash in which easily they could have waited for assassins creed 3.

Back to top Go down

Post  Tenlo Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:50 pm

I actually enjoyed this game a lot, but myself and a few others I've spoken to have created a theory about brotherhood. Seeing as there is so much new content in here, from the brotherhood aspects, to the new extra 100% synching each memory additions and multiplayer, combined with the fact that the actual main storyline is barely moved on apart from that ending piece, we believe Ubisoft have used Brotherhood as a testing ground for all the ideas they had for assassins creed 3. This way they get to genuinely see what people like and don't liek about these new features.

I kinda hope this is true and they rebalance out the multiplayer when they do no 3
Tenlo
Tenlo
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : Tenlo
Number of posts : 4825
Registration date : 2011-02-03
TGD Reputation : 187
TGD Elite Member Points : 11925

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content