The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer
The Games Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mini Review: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II

4 posters

Go down

Mini Review: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II Empty Mini Review: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II

Post  GrahamOfTheDead Sun Oct 31, 2010 7:46 pm

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II

Third-person action adventure.

Starkiller returns (or does he?) for more platforming action in this sequel to the 2008 flawed, but very enjoyable, original. Our hero again breaks the shackles of Darth Vader and goes on a quest around the Star Wars universe to find the woman he loves.

This game is pretty much more of the same.

The graphics.....not much of an improvement over the last time. A bit more polished and nowhere near as glitchy. The cut-scenes are pretty spectacular though.

Sound.....the music has always been a big part of what makes Star Wars feel like Star Wars and it's no different here. The familiar opening fanfare setting the tone perfectly. The weapon sounds and vehicle sounds also help fantastically.

Gameplay. Hmmm.....well. When I said this was more of the same, I really meant it was more of the same. The addition of dual lightsabers is little more than cosmetic and the one additional force power (jedi mind trick) doesn't work as well as you'd like. Also, as with the previous installment, you collect experience points to upgrade you skills. Again upgrading doesn't appear to make all that much of a difference. The game is also woefully short. Granted I played it through on easy for my first playthrough, but it only took around 4 hours if that. There are also seperate challenges to attempt which will extend the lifespan a little.

Achlevements......one playthrough should net you anywhere between 300-500 points, depending if you know what you're looking for or not. Getting the full 1000 score will require at least two runthroughs as you can only unlock the hardest difficulty after beating the game once.

Overall, I'm actually very disappointed. The original game was glitchy as hell, but the story was excellent and felt like an important chapter in the saga. This time around it's pretty much the exact opposite. The game plays fine, but as soon as you get going it's over and the story just doesn't grab you this time around.

6/10
GrahamOfTheDead
GrahamOfTheDead
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : GrahamOfTheDead
Number of posts : 4572
Registration date : 2009-10-30
TGD Reputation : 109
TGD Elite Member Points : 11085

Back to top Go down

Mini Review: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II Empty Re: Mini Review: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II

Post  Jameseire85 Sun Oct 31, 2010 7:48 pm

Agree with you on pretty much everything mate.

When i think of this game one word comes to mind, GRIND!!
Jameseire85
Jameseire85
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : Jameseire85
Number of posts : 1136
Registration date : 2009-04-21
TGD Reputation : 43
TGD Elite Member Points : 6741

Back to top Go down

Mini Review: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II Empty Re: Mini Review: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II

Post  Asurans Progeny Sun Oct 31, 2010 8:50 pm

Noooooo! Don't say that!

I thought this would be epic!

Played the demo and it looked and felt perfect, best graphics on console yet.

But is the story really not that gripping? I'll still play it non the less. Smile

Rep given. Wink
Asurans Progeny
Asurans Progeny
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : Asurans Progeny
Number of posts : 1022
Registration date : 2010-02-12
TGD Reputation : 49
TGD Elite Member Points : 6574

Back to top Go down

Post  Jameseire85 Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:49 pm

The story stays true to the films and it is quite good and with the excellent lego humor.

However in terms of getting 1000 on this game, lets just say its quite a chore!

Takes bloody ages
Jameseire85
Jameseire85
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : Jameseire85
Number of posts : 1136
Registration date : 2009-04-21
TGD Reputation : 43
TGD Elite Member Points : 6741

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down