The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer
The Games Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lost Planet 2 too much for the 360?

4 posters

Go down

Lost Planet 2 too much for the 360? Empty Lost Planet 2 too much for the 360?

Post  djilladel Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:25 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

In a recent interview, Lost Planet 2 producer Jun Takeuchi said Capcom had to cut a significant amount from the game. When asked how development was going, he replied, "There wasn't especially any big trouble. More than those kind of difficulties, the edited content was way too much and dealing with that was more difficult than anything."

"This time, truly, the content that was cut was significant," Takeuchi added, "and at the end, we had to wrestle with disc space."

Takeuchi went on to expand on how difficult it was to make those cuts, saying that it was a situation in which the team was on the verge of crying as they shaved down their game to fit on the disk — though Takeuchi is most likely being facetious. The upside to these cuts? "I think we could be able to add that content at a later date as downloadable content." Everybody wins!
djilladel
djilladel
unaddicted
unaddicted

XBOX Gamertag : dj illadel
Number of posts : 412
Registration date : 2010-01-02
TGD Reputation : 26
TGD Elite Member Points : 5765

Back to top Go down

Lost Planet 2 too much for the 360? Empty Re: Lost Planet 2 too much for the 360?

Post  djilladel Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:26 pm

djilladel wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

In a recent interview, Lost Planet 2 producer Jun Takeuchi said Capcom had to cut a significant amount from the game. When asked how development was going, he replied, "There wasn't especially any big trouble. More than those kind of difficulties, the edited content was way too much and dealing with that was more difficult than anything."

"This time, truly, the content that was cut was significant," Takeuchi added, "and at the end, we had to wrestle with disc space."

Takeuchi went on to expand on how difficult it was to make those cuts, saying that it was a situation in which the team was on the verge of crying as they shaved down their game to fit on the disk — though Takeuchi is most likely being facetious. The upside to these cuts? "I think we could be able to add that content at a later date as downloadable content." Everybody wins!
I still think we lose because we will just have to shell out more $ for the DL content
djilladel
djilladel
unaddicted
unaddicted

XBOX Gamertag : dj illadel
Number of posts : 412
Registration date : 2010-01-02
TGD Reputation : 26
TGD Elite Member Points : 5765

Back to top Go down

Lost Planet 2 too much for the 360? Empty Re: Lost Planet 2 too much for the 360?

Post  XkurosakiX Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:30 pm

Don't understand why they don't just follow in the footsteps of most big games and add an extra disk.
XkurosakiX
XkurosakiX
unaddicted
unaddicted

XBOX Gamertag : XkurosakiX
Number of posts : 210
Registration date : 2009-10-24
TGD Reputation : 8
TGD Elite Member Points : 5542

Back to top Go down

Post  sophosuni Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:46 pm

They can cut a load of content to fit it to disc but still keep the models and textures for the extra multiplayer characters from Gears and Resident Evil?

Sounds like quite a boring game if they can cut stuff out but have to keep the marketing gimmicks in.
sophosuni
sophosuni
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : sophosuni
Number of posts : 1071
Registration date : 2009-09-20
TGD Reputation : 40
TGD Elite Member Points : 6598

Back to top Go down

Post  Dimlo121 Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:36 pm

they just want to milk it for as much as they can. mooooooooooooo!

Dimlo121
unaddicted
unaddicted

XBOX Gamertag : Dimlo121
Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2009-11-25
TGD Reputation : 1
TGD Elite Member Points : 5307

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Feb 19, 2010 7:09 pm

XkurosakiX wrote:Don't understand why they don't just follow in the footsteps of most big games and add an extra disk.

Dimlo121 wrote:they just want to milk it for as much as they can. mooooooooooooo!

I think quote number one was answered very aptly by quote number two!

Definitely a serious case of cash cow milkage... make the game shorter, then sell on episodic bites of DLC for £5 a pop at a later date and suddenly the game that could have been a complete package at £40 will now rake in about £60 or more depending on how big an arse the company is feeling... god bless M$ and their DLC charging ways.

Back to top Go down

Post  Dimlo121 Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:52 pm

Forza 3 came with 2 discs. Lost odyssey was 4 and there was no extra charge for that. They can just make more money through the download route. In a really synical way I bet the debs are cursing Sony for putting a blue ray drive in the ps3.

I'm not against added content if it's worth it I'll buy it. But to pay usually 800 points or a whole DVD of content, then I know what I'd rather choose.

Dimlo121
unaddicted
unaddicted

XBOX Gamertag : Dimlo121
Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2009-11-25
TGD Reputation : 1
TGD Elite Member Points : 5307

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down