The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer
The Games Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GTA VI: The Ballad of Gay Tony Official Review

3 posters

Go down

GTA VI: The Ballad of Gay Tony Official Review Empty GTA VI: The Ballad of Gay Tony Official Review

Post  garymason72 Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:29 pm

GTA VI: The Ballad of Gay Tony Official Review Ballad10

GTA VI: The Ballad of Gay Tony

A Rockstar North Game/DLC

In April 2008 shortly before the release of GTA VI Microsoft announced they had paid a reported $50 million for two exclusive pieces of DLC. The first of these was released in Feb. 2009. And proved very popular from release. The lead character is Johnny Klebbitz a member of The Lost and Damned biker group; we followed him into dodgy diamond deals, gang warfare and some less than reputable dealing with the mafia. It was exactly what Liberty City is all about. Following the success of The Lost and Damned Rockstar have released the second DLC called The Ballad of Gay Tony.

The Ballad of Gay Tony sees us returning to Liberty City for another outing, this time we play as Luis Lopez assistant and Business partner to Tony Prince aka Gay Tony, A nightclub owner whose excessive lifestyle has lead him to be massively in debt with loan sharks and being chased by the mafia.

As in the full game and the previous DLC, the game is mission based ranging from simple driving missions to full all out attack, one man army affairs. Unlike the previous games you are straight into the action so make sure you get re-acquainted with the controls before attempting them. The good thing about the GTA DLC packages are because they aren’t full length the missions don’t repeat so there is a really good mixture of missions, including Stealing a Helicopter, a Subway Train and Police Tank. They have also included parachute missions.

GTA VI: The Ballad of Gay Tony Official Review Rsg_tb10

As always the voice acting and animation is second to none. There isn’t a great cast list but the acting is brilliant with each of the voice really suiting the character. I have to give a special mention to the Arab billionaire's son Yusyf Amir Voice by Omid Djalili, he is by far the best and funniest character also the missions you do for him are the most entertaining.

Rockstar have also included some new side missions in TBoGT, there is Cage fighting, dancing in the clubs dotted around the city and also parachute missions. It’s not just side mission that have been added here there is also new songs on the radio and a number of new vehicles. The Bullet GT makes a return from San Andreas and there is a new attack helicopter called the Buzzard equipped with miniguns and a rocket launcher. The Disc version of the game comes with a new radio station featuring the music from the 80's similar to that in GTA Vice City. And they have added a new mission scoring system, giving you a percentage rating based on player damage, number of headshots, time taken and vehicle damage for each complete mission. Using Luis's mobile phone you can retry any mission at anytime to increase your score.

Overall TBoGT is a great addition to a great game. With a good story and plenty of missions to keep you playing for hours. Also keep an eye out for some familiar faces as you shot and race your way across the city. The Star of this game really is the city it’s self though, it’s still as alive as ever with the new additions just building on an already brilliant city.

I give The Ballad of Gay Tony an awesome 9/10, when combined with The Lost and Damned on the disc version it’s a hard deal to turn down.

garymason72
garymason72
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : Garymason72
Number of posts : 2506
Registration date : 2009-02-16
TGD Reputation : 171
TGD Elite Member Points : 8359

Back to top Go down

GTA VI: The Ballad of Gay Tony Official Review Empty Re: GTA VI: The Ballad of Gay Tony Official Review

Post  Guest Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:54 pm

Nice review Gary, I know what you mean about Yusuf he's bloody hilarious!! Laughing

Back to top Go down

GTA VI: The Ballad of Gay Tony Official Review Empty Re: GTA VI: The Ballad of Gay Tony Official Review

Post  Guest Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:26 pm

Nice review, will have to pick this up when I have a few pennies to spare as I really enjoyed GTA4 and TLatD, good to hear it's more of the same!

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:29 pm

Good work Gary as always mate

Back to top Go down

Post  Ba5sett Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:10 pm

A great review mate, I'm looking forward to picking up the disc with this and Lost & the Damned but I only recently finished the original so I'm having a bit of a break before I delve into Liberty City again
Ba5sett
Ba5sett
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : Ba5sett
Number of posts : 3288
Registration date : 2009-09-18
TGD Reputation : 58
TGD Elite Member Points : 9077

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:27 pm

Having started eGay Tony I can say that it spanks the botty of TLAD

The graphics are much better (its not all orange or grey roads) and the missions seem to have more depth

The achs though look a real pig and I am not sure I want to be having to replay each mission until I perfect it. But its like a mini GTA4 and so all the plus points the actual full game are there (along with the bad ones) but if you hated TLAD (ie if you played it lol) then you should not skip over this as its far superior

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:30 am

Finish the BGOT story last night and its not a bad tale

Sadly by the end I felt that GTA4 was really past it as a game. The missions are all realistically the same with a collection of 3 or 4 ideas being rehashed time after time.

BGOT is bright and so much better that TLAD but quite honestly I wish I had left both addons well alone. Rockstar seem reluctant to fix simple things that would enhance the enjoyment factor such as a far better camera view set for when you are driving and a sensible fly/fire setup for being in a chopper.
Not being able to see directly in front of you when you are driving as the view levels are all too low (apart from the badly implements front wing camera) and having to point your whole helicopter forward to fire downwards are two issues that really detract from the 4 series. Such as shame as fixing those 2 points would raise the level of fun by a large factor.

I cannot see myself trawling through all of the missions again to get 100% perfect on them for the ach as thats just pointless torture. Why you cant keep your % if you replayed a mission in the real game is madness and not knowing what was expected of you to get 100% until the mission was over is also pathetic.

For a multi million dorra franchise the seem to have gameplay testers that have no clue as to what real gamers like.

I hope that the leap we have seen in other games happens to GTA5 if it ever surfaces, but for the first time since the original GTA which I loved, I will not be parting with any more cash without a thorough playing of a demo.

Back to top Go down

Post  fitzybear Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:00 pm

great review dude. as im new 2 xbox i dont have this game yet, but its my next buy. thx Very Happy
fitzybear
fitzybear
unaddicted
unaddicted

XBOX Gamertag : fitzybear
Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2010-01-07
TGD Reputation : 1
TGD Elite Member Points : 5314

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:30 pm

matey I would check out Saints Row 2 first

Its on sale for a fiver at Sainsburies and is by far the better game.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:05 pm

GTA 6? Someone doesn't know their roman numerals!

Back to top Go down

Post  garymason72 Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:26 pm

Fair play mambo, you are the first person to notice my error. Kudos.
garymason72
garymason72
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : Garymason72
Number of posts : 2506
Registration date : 2009-02-16
TGD Reputation : 171
TGD Elite Member Points : 8359

Back to top Go down

Post  fitzybear Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:34 pm

Everton wrote:matey I would check out Saints Row 2 first

Its on sale for a fiver at Sainsburies and is by far the better game.

I have it on ps3 but if its that cheap then ill get it chears dude. Very Happy
fitzybear
fitzybear
unaddicted
unaddicted

XBOX Gamertag : fitzybear
Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2010-01-07
TGD Reputation : 1
TGD Elite Member Points : 5314

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down