The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer
The Games Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Warfare 2 Rip Off

+10
msross
garymason72
Lt T Peck
Kev Lar 1
PJ RISING
RabidHellBunny
monders
Mister Blade
Thommo
KENT HAMMER
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Modern Warfare 2 Rip Off - Page 2 Empty Modern Warfare 2 Rip Off

Post  KENT HAMMER Wed Aug 12, 2009 5:22 pm

First topic message reminder :

I have been meaning to post this for a few days now.
COD Modern warfare 2 will retail for £54.99 this Nov when released.

This to me is taking the piss!
They know its the most popular franchise and they are milking us for cash because of it!

I will 100% be boycotting this title for other great titles that retail for £39.99 rrp

Why on earth is this game worth £15 more???

Its reallly important in my view that we all boycott this game on release as it will only send the message that this is ok and mark my words £54.99 will soon become the new standard price point.
KENT HAMMER
KENT HAMMER
Site Owner & Admin
Site Owner & Admin

XBOX Gamertag : KENT HAMMER
Number of posts : 13825
Registration date : 2009-01-05
TGD Reputation : 578
TGD Elite Member Points : 25635

https://www.youtube.com/TheGamesDenTV

Back to top Go down

Modern Warfare 2 Rip Off - Page 2 Empty Re: Modern Warfare 2 Rip Off

Post  Guest Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:39 pm

MW2 is only £44.99 at Zavvi cyclops

Back to top Go down

Post  msross Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:47 pm

SimonB Demented wrote:Article from yesterdays Guardian

The problem with that article, is that he brings in the solution as ad-sponsored games.. such as Massive, which MS now own & posted a loss from recently due to receeding advertising budgets from companies..

Wipeout HD on the Puss3 recently picked up some slack as Sony updated the game to include adverts before races.. - I think they have now reverted these..

Ad's I don't mind.. cant remember which game I was playing recently, having not played it for a while and come back to it but they where showing in-game adverts for Watchmen.. and they did fit in with the game world.. but if your playing say oblivion, & there's an advert for a new car.. then its kinda jarring to have that effect..

tbh, its hardly surprising companies are looking to raise prices, watching the games markets these past months have seen more & more studios being closed, and consolidation between companies occuring.. - likely leaving Actilizzard, EA as the two sole BIG title releases, and a couple of smaller more agile dev houses releasing smaller & more frequent offerings.

Pulled into this, is the Winter 09 release calender, which was up until a month or so ago looking rather full.. now its looking like an anaemic cat, having had a lot of companies pull releases until the spring of '10..
Whether this is to avoid going head to head against MW2, but it seems they're now all going h2h with each other & the other titles that where planned for then.. All the while, consumers still have the same amount of cash to spend (or less) across the titles, so come sping, expect to see more studios complaining that their titles just don't sell to the numbers they had planned for.
msross
msross
unaddicted
unaddicted

XBOX Gamertag : msross
Number of posts : 362
Registration date : 2009-07-16
TGD Reputation : 20
TGD Elite Member Points : 5832

Back to top Go down

Post  Cyber_zombi Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:48 pm

£55!? Sod that. I'm interested in getting the game, but I can damn well wait till I see it cheaper. The only game I've got on pre-order is dead rising 2, for obvious reasons... Smile (and even still that's only like 30-40 squid)
Cyber_zombi
Cyber_zombi
unaddicted
unaddicted

XBOX Gamertag : CyBeRZoMBi UK
Number of posts : 477
Registration date : 2009-03-10
TGD Reputation : 14
TGD Elite Member Points : 6064

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mr_meta_zombi/sets

Back to top Go down

Post  msross Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:52 pm

Cyber_zombi wrote:£55!? Sod that. I'm interested in getting the game, but I can damn well wait till I see it cheaper. The only game I've got on pre-order is dead rising 2, for obvious reasons... Smile (and even still that's only like 30-40 squid)

If its ouwt like COD4.. don't expect it to drop all that quickly.. I don't think its even come out on a budget label yet, & last I saw it was still selling for close-ish to the original price from release.
msross
msross
unaddicted
unaddicted

XBOX Gamertag : msross
Number of posts : 362
Registration date : 2009-07-16
TGD Reputation : 20
TGD Elite Member Points : 5832

Back to top Go down

Post  monders Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:53 pm

Hopefully DR2 won't be utter fucking wank!
monders
monders
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

Number of posts : 1460
Registration date : 2009-03-30
TGD Reputation : 46
TGD Elite Member Points : 7140

http://www.flickr.com/photos/thatnicelee/

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:09 pm

msross wrote:
Cyber_zombi wrote:£55!? Sod that. I'm interested in getting the game, but I can damn well wait till I see it cheaper. The only game I've got on pre-order is dead rising 2, for obvious reasons... Smile (and even still that's only like 30-40 squid)

If its ouwt like COD4.. don't expect it to drop all that quickly.. I don't think its even come out on a budget label yet, & last I saw it was still selling for close-ish to the original price from release.

CoD4 "classics" is coming out at the same time as MW2 Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Cyber_zombi Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:21 pm

msross wrote:

Thankfully as far as I'm aware there are no zombies in it, so I'll be able to wait out till I can find it somewhere cheaper.. at the moment I'm more concerned about clearing out my backlog of unplayed games than getting more new ones..

I've got condemned 2, lost planet, gears of war 2, marvel ulltimate alliance, tomb raider, banjo kazoee nuts and bolts, and mass effect which I've not even touched yet. so unless its an absoulte must have games (which features zombies) I'm sure I can wait a while lol.

BTW I thought you'd made some very good comments about the film VS game industry earlier.
Cyber_zombi
Cyber_zombi
unaddicted
unaddicted

XBOX Gamertag : CyBeRZoMBi UK
Number of posts : 477
Registration date : 2009-03-10
TGD Reputation : 14
TGD Elite Member Points : 6064

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mr_meta_zombi/sets

Back to top Go down

Post  Artois Sat Aug 15, 2009 1:59 pm

I can see both sides of this discussion and they both have valid points, yes mw2 is only a fiver more but if this games sells as well as predicted all those extra fivers will add up.

Activision realise that this game is one of the most played games on every major platform so they have basically got the gamer over a barrel and can do anything they want to them.

Now if activision promised that its map packs will be free of charge maybe that will add more justification for it, but you know that’s just a fantasy.

A lot of companies will be watching the figures when this get released and don’t be surprised that they will follow suit, you could soon see all your favourite games franchises costing more.

So all we, the poor downtrodden, loyal gamer has to look for in redemption that rest assured, supermarkets will inevitably have a price war and the price will come down to a more respectable, less open wallet surgery price, check the link below for the cheapest price I found on the normal edition.

Clicklty, click, click
Artois
Artois
Mildly Addicted
Mildly Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : SmoknArtois
Number of posts : 583
Registration date : 2009-01-15
TGD Reputation : 40
TGD Elite Member Points : 6220

Back to top Go down

Post  Shammy Sun Aug 16, 2009 2:04 pm

there are 2 sides , simply the people that like cod 4 series and those that dont .
If a game like gta 4 came out for that price i wouldnt pay it because i dont have any interest in it.
i have no problems paying the amount for it simply because i know i will get great value from it. The only thing that bugs me is 800pts for 4 poopy maps, but anyway thats life.
Shammy
Shammy
unaddicted
unaddicted

XBOX Gamertag : iSHAMMY
Number of posts : 107
Registration date : 2009-06-22
TGD Reputation : 1
TGD Elite Member Points : 5561

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content