The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer
The Games Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sega partners with Sony for a 2018 Sonic... Live... Action movie... Oh god no. NO.

2 posters

Go down

Sega partners with Sony for a 2018 Sonic... Live... Action movie... Oh god no. NO. Empty Sega partners with Sony for a 2018 Sonic... Live... Action movie... Oh god no. NO.

Post  Linkx111 Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:24 pm

* When sonic 06 OBVIOUSLY taught you nothing, Sega... *

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I know I know... It was CGI at the time but come on... A LIVE ACTION MOVIE?!

Sorry.. Let me get my composure back.

It's this morning news the announcement of Sega and Sony partnership to work on a Live Action and Animation hybrid based on our Blue Hedgehog stories.
Out in 2018. That's all we know. Nothing more.

This the result of an interview between Sega's head Hajime Satomi and the website The World Folio.
Here's an extract of the best bits:

Satomi said:

"Like with this CG animation production, we would like to expand our business into other entertainment areas beyond what we are currently involved."

When faced with questions about the future of the company, the answers are all but encouraging:

"We are strong in the smartphone and online gaming industry. Therefore, for our company to grow bigger, we must focus on expanding into markets other than smartphones and online gaming - such as indoor theme parks in Asia or animations.

The hardware base is changing and we have transitioned towards smartphone games, especially in Japan. In the United States or Europe the home game consoles are still popular and large; however, in Japan the home game console market is shrinking and the smartphone game market is increasing. Therefore, we think that going forward the smartphone industry will also keep growing in the United States and Europe.
"

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Yep, you read... It seems like Sega is definitely joining the smartphone wagon more and more, which we knew already of course... It's just very sad to see it confirmed once more.

Which is a bit confusing, seeing as Sega has been doing very very well recently, video games speaking. The quite recent Alien: Isolation is a very good example of it, not to forget the Yakuza series.

Not to fret anyway. I believe Sega is here to stay and stay it will. But...
But this Sonic movie... Please Sega, prove me wrong. Prove me it will be an amazing piece of cinematography!

Here's an idea of how it might look like. Please note this is a beta intro of Sonic 06. Couldn't find the original anywhere.

What's your opinion about this Live action/ Animation Sonic hybrid? Excited or terrified?
Linkx111
Linkx111
unaddicted
unaddicted

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2015-12-10
TGD Reputation : 1
TGD Elite Member Points : 3195

Back to top Go down

Sega partners with Sony for a 2018 Sonic... Live... Action movie... Oh god no. NO. Empty Re: Sega partners with Sony for a 2018 Sonic... Live... Action movie... Oh god no. NO.

Post  ScotsGamerGeek Wed Mar 30, 2016 1:47 am

I hope those kind people in charge of Sonic DON"T make a movie based on a popular character. Look what happened with Super Mario.

We all know how that worked out.
ScotsGamerGeek
ScotsGamerGeek
unaddicted
unaddicted

XBOX Gamertag : ScotsGamerGeek
Number of posts : 287
Registration date : 2016-01-05
TGD Reputation : 9
TGD Elite Member Points : 3491

https://scotsgamergeek.com/

Back to top Go down

Sega partners with Sony for a 2018 Sonic... Live... Action movie... Oh god no. NO. Empty Re: Sega partners with Sony for a 2018 Sonic... Live... Action movie... Oh god no. NO.

Post  Linkx111 Wed Mar 30, 2016 1:52 am

But.. But I loved it 8(
Linkx111
Linkx111
unaddicted
unaddicted

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2015-12-10
TGD Reputation : 1
TGD Elite Member Points : 3195

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down