The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer
The Games Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UK Digital games make twice as much revenue as physical

3 posters

Go down

UK Digital games make twice as much revenue as physical Empty UK Digital games make twice as much revenue as physical

Post  Becky Fri Jan 08, 2016 8:29 pm

It has been reported that last year digital gaming made twice as much as physical gaming did. Whilst physical games sales were down 2.2% to £928 million, digital was up 17.1% to £1.9 billion. Good news for the game industry. Or is it?

The problem here is including in with digital gaming are mobile and tablet games so it combines all consoles games with the dreaded microtranasaction infested mobile gaming. For the sake of the console gaming industry it would be nice to know how it compares when mobile and tablets are excluded. If that happened would we face the shocking probable truth that mobile gaming racks in more revenue than console gaming?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Personally I buy a lot more digital than I do physical now but that is due to amazing sale prices, I probably still spent more on physical games last year despite only buying a handful of physical copies.

Do you buy more physical or digital?

[Source]
Becky
Becky
TGD News Hound
TGD News Hound

Number of posts : 338
Registration date : 2015-12-04
TGD Reputation : 4
TGD Elite Member Points : 3921

Back to top Go down

UK Digital games make twice as much revenue as physical Empty Re: UK Digital games make twice as much revenue as physical

Post  Colne Crusader Fri Jan 08, 2016 10:12 pm

Interesting.

It's a shame that mobile gaming figures are included here as I would like to see how physical and digital console sales compare.

Mobile and web gaming has been making more money than traditional console games for a while and it seems that us proper gamers are now in the minority in comparison to the casual gamer.

As for digital downloads, I'm sure it will eventually take over from physical sales but while the prices are still so ridiculous, I will resist all I can. I fear though that this will be the last console gen where physical products are prevalent.
Colne Crusader
Colne Crusader
Games Den Moderator
Games Den Moderator

XBOX Gamertag : Colne Crusader
Number of posts : 6893
Registration date : 2010-04-21
TGD Reputation : 158
TGD Elite Member Points : 13363

Back to top Go down

UK Digital games make twice as much revenue as physical Empty Re: UK Digital games make twice as much revenue as physical

Post  FoxyBoy89 Fri Jan 08, 2016 10:34 pm

I like buying physical copies, I just like having the disc and box, makes it look like I have a collection.
FoxyBoy89
FoxyBoy89
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : FoxyBoy89
Number of posts : 1153
Registration date : 2012-05-28
TGD Reputation : 0
TGD Elite Member Points : 5754

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down