The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer
The Games Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Saints Row 3

+4
minkey_monkey
GrahamOfTheDead
stubbymite
Tricky34
8 posters

Go down

Saints Row 3 Empty Saints Row 3

Post  Guest Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:58 am

Saints Row 3

A sandbox mayhemic experience that's a little bit different to SR and SR2

Its still the same GTA style but larger than life game, but this time its so much more over the top

Instead of it being a true sequel like SR2 was, it takes the main characters and concocts a storyline that changes the landscape. In fact it seems very much to be like they took the whole bunch of SR and GTA and popped it in a bag, added a touch of insanity, two scoops of excess and just a hint of fuck yeah, then shook it violently and ripped it to a game disc.

The controls are familiar and the action is too, but its broken down into small cameo style missions which makes it play like a collection of mini games rather than as a whole flowing title. This is great as you can just open your phone and select a mission and you are away enjoying yourself rather that twatting about driving to a bowling alley for no apparent reason. The Devs have removed all the in between bits that dulls GTA and just gone for action action action.

Its sweary nasty and killy and funny. Hard not to love a lead character who is so indiscriminate when it comes to topping anyone.

The gameplay can get a little glitchy when you are been bombarded and cant get up and once you finish the storyline you will need to do quite a bit of mopping up to max it, but all of that cannot detract from one of the brightest games the 360 has had.

The graphics are cartoony and wonderful and as always these types of games have soundbytes till the cows come home (to find the horses have taken their place).

Its not a difficult title and the GOTY edition gives you access to the three sets of DLC which are also excellent. You might want to remember to save your game before certain missions and certainly before starting the DLC ones as there are a few missable achs.

As for the achs, well they come like an ugly inexperienced teenager's first time (thick and fast)

I will be playing this for some time as I enjoy this series more than most on the 360. The first one was a stand out title for me and this latest version is just as good.

Big thanks to Monkey who sent me a replacement copy of the actual game as mine was in my 360 when it was nicked.

9/10
a must buy and certainly worthy of the SR series.

Over to you GTA V

Back to top Go down

Saints Row 3 Empty Re: Saints Row 3

Post  Tricky34 Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:21 am

Sounds like a fun game, not played the previous 2 games though. But then I have recently finished Just Cause 2 without playing the first one.
Tricky34
Tricky34
Games Den Moderator
Games Den Moderator

XBOX Gamertag : Tricky34
Number of posts : 7254
Registration date : 2009-05-31
TGD Reputation : 152
TGD Elite Member Points : 13280

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbymite Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:31 am

awesome game this finished the 1k on the 360 but never got the DLC. But liking the game that much I am playing through again on the pissy 3 at the moment. Smile
stubbymite
stubbymite
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : StubbyMite
Number of posts : 4312
Registration date : 2010-05-21
TGD Reputation : 90
TGD Elite Member Points : 10047

Back to top Go down

Post  GrahamOfTheDead Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:35 am

Tricky34 wrote:Sounds like a fun game, not played the previous 2 games though. But then I have recently finished Just Cause 2 without playing the first one.

I only played about 5 minutes of the first Saints Row before playing this one. There's no real need to play the others first. The story stands on it's own.
GrahamOfTheDead
GrahamOfTheDead
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : GrahamOfTheDead
Number of posts : 4572
Registration date : 2009-10-30
TGD Reputation : 109
TGD Elite Member Points : 11074

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:26 am

stubbymite wrote:awesome game this finished the 1k on the 360 but never got the DLC. But liking the game that much I am playing through again on the pissy 3 at the moment. Smile

heh

If I like a game and I get the pissy one for free on psplus I do exactly the same thing

sign of a great game is that you play it again because you want to not because lazy devs made it an ach requirement

Back to top Go down

Post  minkey_monkey Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:39 am

Love this game, especially riding around on the broomstick Very Happy glad your enjoying it agin fella Smile

I might give this a crack again later, Im taking it slow to prolong the enjoyment Very Happy

I usually dislike collectibles but I like that they tell you where they are in this one so you still have to find them but its not as much of a ball ache and it marks them off as you go along Very Happy
minkey_monkey
minkey_monkey
Games Den Moderator
Games Den Moderator

XBOX Gamertag : Minkey M0nkey
Number of posts : 8099
Registration date : 2009-05-12
TGD Reputation : 204
TGD Elite Member Points : 14188

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbymite Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:46 pm

minkey_monkey wrote:I usually dislike collectibles but I like that they tell you where they are in this one so you still have to find them but its not as much of a ball ache and it marks them off as you go along Very Happy

also good that you can get a map to find them and they aint to hard to find with the big flashing marker above them Laughing
stubbymite
stubbymite
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : StubbyMite
Number of posts : 4312
Registration date : 2010-05-21
TGD Reputation : 90
TGD Elite Member Points : 10047

Back to top Go down

Post  Waggly Bean Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:49 pm

Tricky34 wrote:Sounds like a fun game, not played the previous 2 games though. But then I have recently finished Just Cause 2 without playing the first one.

I can't speak for SR3 as I haven't played it yet, but the first two games are definitely worth a go, especially as you can get them really cheap now. The first one has kind of cack-handed controls, and the second is a better game, but as it directly leads on from the first it is worth playing them both, and in order.

Of course if you're a completionist I wouldn't bother unless you're really committed as both games will take you a fairly long time to do.
Waggly Bean
Waggly Bean
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : Waggly Bean
Number of posts : 3382
Registration date : 2011-04-21
TGD Reputation : 22
TGD Elite Member Points : 8534

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:01 am

Started doing some mop up stuff yesterday and its pure Saints Row classic stuff. All the mission minis that you know and love are there, from collecting the brasses to protecting the dealer.

This game is undoubtedly the best of the three as it combines all the best bits of the first two and then makes the action instantaneous wherever you are.

Getting in my supertank and going round destroying everything was absolutely brilliant

The removal of the achs for the mp which was the poorest part of the SR titles was also a great move

Single player mayhem at its very very best this.

Buy the GOTY edition now folks and enjoy 360 gaming at its peak

Back to top Go down

Post  TreeMunky Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:24 am

Awesome review Everton. I played this during a dip in gaming mojo and it was the perfect choice. Like GOTD I briefly played the first but not the second, sandbox gaming at its best. Didn't get the GOTY edition but will pick up the DLC at some point Smile
TreeMunky
TreeMunky
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : TreeMunky
Number of posts : 1773
Registration date : 2012-01-30
TGD Reputation : 28
TGD Elite Member Points : 6680

Back to top Go down

Post  Colne Crusader Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:56 pm

minkey_monkey wrote: Im taking it slow to prolong the enjoyment Very Happy

Giggidy!!!!!
Colne Crusader
Colne Crusader
Games Den Moderator
Games Den Moderator

XBOX Gamertag : Colne Crusader
Number of posts : 6893
Registration date : 2010-04-21
TGD Reputation : 158
TGD Elite Member Points : 13363

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:06 pm

finished the storyline and am just a few ach from the full 1000 then its dlc time

beware if you start this game to keep a clock nearby as the hours just fly by

its fucking brilliant

Back to top Go down

Post  Colne Crusader Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:34 pm

Another entertaining mini Everton! I wanna buy the whole series now! Not played any of them yet, apart from a quick do at Gamefest on number 3.
Colne Crusader
Colne Crusader
Games Den Moderator
Games Den Moderator

XBOX Gamertag : Colne Crusader
Number of posts : 6893
Registration date : 2010-04-21
TGD Reputation : 158
TGD Elite Member Points : 13363

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:14 am

so close to finishing the dlc now with just one ach left

I shall be sad to be ending my time with the saints

just an fyi for anyone playing the dlc and finding they have missed an ach. If you complete the mini storyline and then save and then reload the game you will find that the whole of that dlc game reappears in your mission list. You do not have to reload an old game state or start a new game anymore which is handy as 2 of the three dlc packages have a few missable achs

chin chin

Back to top Go down

Post  TreeMunky Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:40 am

Everton wrote:so close to finishing the dlc now with just one ach left

I shall be sad to be ending my time with the saints

just an fyi for anyone playing the dlc and finding they have missed an ach. If you complete the mini storyline and then save and then reload the game you will find that the whole of that dlc game reappears in your mission list. You do not have to reload an old game state or start a new game anymore which is handy as 2 of the three dlc packages have a few missable achs

chin chin

Been thoroughly enoying the DLC fella (thanks) I missed one of the clones cheevo but the story is so funny I'm looking forward to running through it again Smile I did think the Clones dlc was better than the Space dlc, I'm looking forward to getting into the Genkibowl dlc Smile
TreeMunky
TreeMunky
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : TreeMunky
Number of posts : 1773
Registration date : 2012-01-30
TGD Reputation : 28
TGD Elite Member Points : 6680

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:47 am

the genkibowl is the one with the hardest ach (just 1 of them and the 1 I am missing), but its got a couple of novel game modes

the clone dlc is certainly the funniest and I love the batman style cartoon graphics in the last part

I agree the space dlc is probably the weakest as it offered nothing really new and the storyline was a bit meh

Back to top Go down

Post  Tenlo Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:36 am

I've been tempted by this series for ages so I've picked up the first one and going to work through the series, though not after completions as I've heard the first two are a nightmare for that!
Tenlo
Tenlo
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : Tenlo
Number of posts : 4825
Registration date : 2011-02-03
TGD Reputation : 187
TGD Elite Member Points : 11923

Back to top Go down

Post  Waggly Bean Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:15 pm

Tenlo wrote:I've been tempted by this series for ages so I've picked up the first one and going to work through the series, though not after completions as I've heard the first two are a nightmare for that!

Hope you enjoy it! It is a good game, although the controls are really cack-handed for driving and shooting at the same time. Think it also defaults to accelerating and braking with A and B buttons (you can tell it was an early game!) so first thing I would do is change that round! Wink
Waggly Bean
Waggly Bean
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : Waggly Bean
Number of posts : 3382
Registration date : 2011-04-21
TGD Reputation : 22
TGD Elite Member Points : 8534

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:52 am

yay

1300/1300 for me

40 hours of brilliant fun

They took all the best bits of sr and sr2 and bigged them up, removed the poor mp ach and left a game that will leave a smile on my face for a long time

other devs please take note!
fuck difficulty playthru 6 times shitty ach
fuck mp ach
fuck yeah!

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:03 am

Maybe I should get this over the summer games drought

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:12 am

pm me your address and you can have my copy matey

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:14 am

Thanks buddy!

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:16 pm

Played a couple of hours on this and loving it, great fun. I plan on a few late night's on this in August when off work.
Everyone should play this before next gen.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:52 pm

am just about to play it to max again on pissy

a really top game

glad you are liking it fella

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down