The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer
The Games Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Latest Suda 51 title 'Killer is Dead' finds publisher

+2
Waggly Bean
Tenlo
6 posters

Go down

Latest Suda 51 title 'Killer is Dead'  finds publisher Empty Latest Suda 51 title 'Killer is Dead' finds publisher

Post  Tenlo Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:34 pm

Rolling on from the release of Lollipop Chainsaw, the duo of Kudokawa games and Suda 51's Grasshopper Manufacture Inc. have announced today that Deep Silver will be publishing their latest title Killer is Dead in Europe (XSEED are handling US publishing).

For those who are not aware of Suda 51's reputation, he's the guy behind Shadows of the Damned, No More heroes and Killer7 and brings a Punk attitude combined with balls to the wall craziness to the games he develops. Killer is Dead seems no exception showing a unique artstyle combined with some weird looking enemies.

The story follows an executioner called Mondo Zappa (a reference to Frank Zappa I'd assume) who fights with a Japanese sword in his right hand and various different weapons on his artificial left hand. His one goal is to wipe out criminals in this world and beyond in a more than likely over the top graphic style.

Little else has been announced yet except for a vague summer 2013 release and the below trailer which can be found on the official site [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] However the trailer looks like its going to be the usual bat shit crazy story with over-the-top action we'd expect from Suda 51 and Kudokawa games.

Tenlo
Tenlo
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : Tenlo
Number of posts : 4825
Registration date : 2011-02-03
TGD Reputation : 187
TGD Elite Member Points : 11936

Back to top Go down

Latest Suda 51 title 'Killer is Dead'  finds publisher Empty Re: Latest Suda 51 title 'Killer is Dead' finds publisher

Post  Waggly Bean Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:53 pm

Cool, be keeping an eye on this.

I could be wrong, but wasn't Suda 51 also responsible for Diabolical Pitch on XBLA?
Waggly Bean
Waggly Bean
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : Waggly Bean
Number of posts : 3382
Registration date : 2011-04-21
TGD Reputation : 22
TGD Elite Member Points : 8547

Back to top Go down

Latest Suda 51 title 'Killer is Dead'  finds publisher Empty Re: Latest Suda 51 title 'Killer is Dead' finds publisher

Post  TreeMunky Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:57 pm

Sweet Jesus I can't wait for this game.

Waggly Bean wrote:I could be wrong, but wasn't Suda 51 also responsible for Diabolical Pitch on XBLA?

Yes also Sine Mora and Black Knight Sword Smile
TreeMunky
TreeMunky
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : TreeMunky
Number of posts : 1773
Registration date : 2012-01-30
TGD Reputation : 28
TGD Elite Member Points : 6693

Back to top Go down

Post  GrahamOfTheDead Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:59 pm

Looks pretty interesting. First I've heard of it!

Deep Silver are fast becoming a major force. Hopefully there'll be news on their Saints Row plans in due course.
GrahamOfTheDead
GrahamOfTheDead
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : GrahamOfTheDead
Number of posts : 4572
Registration date : 2009-10-30
TGD Reputation : 109
TGD Elite Member Points : 11087

Back to top Go down

Post  TreeMunky Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:09 pm

GrahamOfTheDead wrote:Looks pretty interesting. First I've heard of it!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] of last year... Sad
TreeMunky
TreeMunky
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTCD Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:18 am

I just want No More Heroes first. I had a blast with what little I played of the Wii version, but the gimmicky controls ruined it for me. It was originally intended for the 360, so I want to play it with the 360 controller. It's a shame that nobody wanted to release it over here. I quite enjoyed Shadows of the Damned, and am currently digging Lollipop Chainsaw, would love the trifecta of retail release.

Suda51's games evoke old school sensibilities, like a stiff challenge and actually having to practice rather than being coddled all the way through, so I will definitely try anything he brings out. His style may not be to everyone's tastes, and his budgets moreso, but the man has talent in my eyes.
TheTCD
TheTCD
unaddicted
unaddicted

XBOX Gamertag : TheTCD
Number of posts : 404
Registration date : 2012-05-10
TGD Reputation : 0
TGD Elite Member Points : 4833

Back to top Go down

Post  TreeMunky Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:40 am

TheTCD wrote:I just want No More Heroes first. I had a blast with what little I played of the Wii version, but the gimmicky controls ruined it for me. It was originally intended for the 360, so I want to play it with the 360 controller. It's a shame that nobody wanted to release it over here. I quite enjoyed Shadows of the Damned, and am currently digging Lollipop Chainsaw, would love the trifecta of retail release.

Suda51's games evoke old school sensibilities, like a stiff challenge and actually having to practice rather than being coddled all the way through, so I will definitely try anything he brings out. His style may not be to everyone's tastes, and his budgets moreso, but the man has talent in my eyes.

Agreed mate!
TreeMunky
TreeMunky
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

Back to top Go down

Post  Ba5sett Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:23 am

This looks really good loving the graphical style
Ba5sett
Ba5sett
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : Ba5sett
Number of posts : 3288
Registration date : 2009-09-18
TGD Reputation : 58
TGD Elite Member Points : 9069

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down