The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer
The Games Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Which publisher could you game without?

5 posters

Go down

Which of these publisher could you happily game without?

Which publisher could you game without? I_vote_lcap18%Which publisher could you game without? I_vote_rcap 18% 
[ 3 ]
Which publisher could you game without? I_vote_lcap12%Which publisher could you game without? I_vote_rcap 12% 
[ 2 ]
Which publisher could you game without? I_vote_lcap0%Which publisher could you game without? I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Which publisher could you game without? I_vote_lcap0%Which publisher could you game without? I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Which publisher could you game without? I_vote_lcap24%Which publisher could you game without? I_vote_rcap 24% 
[ 4 ]
[ 0 ]
Which publisher could you game without? I_vote_lcap12%Which publisher could you game without? I_vote_rcap 12% 
[ 2 ]
Which publisher could you game without? I_vote_lcap34%Which publisher could you game without? I_vote_rcap 34% 
[ 6 ]

Total Votes : 17

Which publisher could you game without? Empty Which publisher could you game without?

Post  palindromic BOB Mon Apr 05, 2010 1:25 am

Just wondering which of the following publishers you could happily game without.
palindromic BOB
palindromic BOB
Mildly Addicted
Mildly Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : Palindromic Bob
Number of posts : 996
Registration date : 2009-01-27
TGD Reputation : 63
TGD Elite Member Points : 6794

Back to top Go down

Which publisher could you game without? Empty Re: Which publisher could you game without?

Post  Gabhlan Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:50 am

Had to look at my games, as i never really pay atention to who published what. So after that and a bit of Wikki on the others I'd have to say Square Enix.
Gabhlan
Gabhlan
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : Gabhlan
Number of posts : 2395
Registration date : 2009-03-24
TGD Reputation : 31
TGD Elite Member Points : 8152

Back to top Go down

Which publisher could you game without? Empty Re: Which publisher could you game without?

Post  Guest Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:08 am

I think the gaming world would be a poorer place without any one of these not being there anymore. You have missed off the list South Peak who have been consistently responsible for poor / less than average games Shocked

Back to top Go down

Post  GrahamOfTheDead Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:55 am

Went for Square Enix......I think the only game I've played and enjoyed of theirs is Yosumin.......
GrahamOfTheDead
GrahamOfTheDead
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : GrahamOfTheDead
Number of posts : 4572
Registration date : 2009-10-30
TGD Reputation : 109
TGD Elite Member Points : 11098

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:06 am

Gabhlan wrote:Had to look at my games, as i never really pay atention to who published what. So after that and a bit of Wikki on the others I'd have to say Square Enix.

GrahamOfTheDead wrote:Went for Square Enix......I think the only game I've played and enjoyed of theirs is Yosumin.......
A publisher that has probably just had one of its best months ever with FF XIII, Just Cause 2 and Supreme Commander 2 Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:11 am

I went Sega just because I dont arcade anymore and probably still bare a grudge about the mega cd. Shocked

Back to top Go down

Post  KENT HAMMER Mon Apr 05, 2010 1:02 pm

Yes I have to agree with Square, final fantasy games are just snoring cut scenes and boring turn based combat for me.

South peak are not one of the big hitters, but are a well run up and coming publisher who support what we are trying to achieve here at GSA.

Sega and Square don't give a crap about us and think we are amoeba
KENT HAMMER
KENT HAMMER
Site Owner & Admin
Site Owner & Admin

XBOX Gamertag : KENT HAMMER
Number of posts : 13825
Registration date : 2009-01-05
TGD Reputation : 578
TGD Elite Member Points : 25635

https://www.youtube.com/TheGamesDenTV

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Apr 05, 2010 1:27 pm

Kent Hammer wrote:
South peak are not one of the big hitters, but are a well run up and coming publisher who support what we are trying to achieve here at GSA.
Hopefully Two Worlds 2 will be a good RPG this year. I think that might be one of the few chances they have left to really get a game out there doing well and being well received Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  palindromic BOB Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:44 am

I have gone Activision but I think we all know I have a major gripe with them by now. Everything they have released and I want to play I can find an alternative to ironically from EA (the only company with a love/hate relationship to rival Microsoft).

Rockband > Guitar Hero
Battlefield > (or =) COD and hopefully the new Medal of Honour will seal the casket

As I didn't give up anything for lent I have decided to give up Activision for a trail period with the exception of COD Classic as I really want to complete that and can't trade it or sell it anyway. Let's see how long I can go.

Kent do you fancy Kung Fu Panda/Lego Indie for the prize cupboard? (still can't quiet bring myself to get rid of MW2 yet though Sad )

With nothing of interest on the horizon it might not be to hard.

Oh and if anyone from EA is reading this (which I doubt and even if you were they wouldn't listen) a new game in the *insert environment/war threat here* Strike series has got to be due soon.
palindromic BOB
palindromic BOB
Mildly Addicted
Mildly Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : Palindromic Bob
Number of posts : 996
Registration date : 2009-01-27
TGD Reputation : 63
TGD Elite Member Points : 6794

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:56 am

EA for me

It would not be hard to leave your online ach trundling away even if just on a peer to peer basis

Turning off connections to servers during the lifetime of a console is the behaviour of scum and deserves nothing but contempt

Just because only a few folks are playing online does not give you the right to switch us off.

I would also have voted for Ubisoft as that new DRM shite they are pulling on the PC is also scum cretin like behaviour

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:00 am

My choice is definitely SEGA. i don't own a game by them, and the only one I actually wanted to play was Viking: Battle for Asgard.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:30 pm

I voted EA.
Although all publishers are by nature "dollar" focused (and I don't really have a problem with that) I feel that EA somehow are a little more focused than the others. This is a totally arbitrary opinion based on rumour and here-say and what ever the great oracle Internet is showing me today...

Plus they do all those FRAKKING sports games, Tiger Woods 2008, 2009, 2010 ad infinitum, NHL 2008, 2009, 2010 ad infinitum, NFL 2008, 2009, 2010 ad infinitum, NBA 2008, 2009, 2010 ad infinitum...

Back to top Go down

Post  Ba5sett Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:36 am

Looking at the games I play most I am probably going to have to go with THQ which is a shame as I love the UFC game, I currently play no sega games but they have provided me with so many good gaming memories over the years and I'm really looking forward to Sonic 4
Ba5sett
Ba5sett
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : Ba5sett
Number of posts : 3288
Registration date : 2009-09-18
TGD Reputation : 58
TGD Elite Member Points : 9080

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum