The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer
The Games Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Transformers-Fall Of Cybertron Review

+2
TreeMunky
KENT HAMMER
6 posters

Go down

Transformers-Fall Of Cybertron Review Empty Transformers-Fall Of Cybertron Review

Post  KENT HAMMER Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:02 pm

Transformers-Fall Of Cybertron Review Tr_foc10

After 2010's stellar Transformers release, High Moon Studios knew they needed to step up their game for this one. They certainly do not disappoint, as Fall Of Cybertron is the best Transformers game ever made, and is one of the best 3PS games in recent memory.

Single-Player: Rather than letting players choose which faction to start with, and which iconic character to play as, HMS made this one more linear. Now before you start ranting of how bad this decision is, let me say that it actually helps the gameplay to feel more varied and unique. In War for Cybertron, after playing half the game, we had really played all of it. The game had two first levels, two second levels and so on. Additionally, this game does not waste "chapters" for boss fights, so the game is longer. The story spans 13 different chapters, and lets us play as at least 10 different transformers. Optimus Prime and Megatron each have two levels, but some fan favourites are also present too. Finally we get to play as Transformers such as Cliffjumper, Vortex, Swindle, and Jazz. We also get to play as Bruticus, and Grimlock.....yes, Grimlock. He has one of the best sequences in the game, and chapter 12 is all about the Dinobots and their origins. It is worked perfectly into the storyline, and the impact is certainly felt. 

Variety is the name of the game here, and the transitions between characters and levels are perfect. One level we are Optimus Prime, using Metroplex to call in air strikes on the Decepticons, but then the next level we play a stealth oriented level as Cliffjumper. Following that is a Sniper-themed platforming level as Jazz, and so on. What really amazes is the quality of each type of level. The platforming is solid, the stealth mechanic actually works, and the action me-lee level is handled with excitement. In fact, the linearity gives the game a characterized focus, which leads to some of the best scripted set pieces in gaming's recent memory. Lastly, Chapter 13, (The final level) has you switching factions after each character built set piece. Talking about it spoils the excitement, but it is pulse-pounding. In short, the campaign is COMPLETELY on a higher level that the original.

Multi-player: Very similar in style to the original, FoC does improve upon the formula quite a bit. We are now able to truly build our very own Transformer, with hundred of parts available. Unlock-able guns, new perks and upgrades, and multiple class builds are all staples and are here. Balance is very solid, with no one class being FAR superior to others. The stealthy Infiltrator is a little over-powered, but is easily countered with splash damage weapons. The Destroyer (Formerly the Leader) has been toned down a bit, while the Scientist class has been powered up. All in all, the multi-player is just as fun as ever competitively, and will certainly be played for a long time. Conquest and TDM make returns, but new to the series is a Capture the Flag mode, and addicting (Yet entirely frustrating) Head-hunter Everything is polished, but still, winning is reliant on what team you are on, so be prepared to be frustrated.

Also returning is Escalation. This time the Max wave is 15, but with difficulty levels. Choose one of your favourite Autobots or Decepticons and play with three of your friends to the end. This is also addictive, and has had me playing for a while.

Presentation: Running on the unreal engine, the game looks superb. Visual variety stretches from metal corridors to bleak sandstorms, snow-capped factories and slimy sewers. Additionally, the love and care provided to each character is evident, as each one looks and feels unique. Everything on cybertron is constantly shifting and changing, and it really sells the feel. Expect some mild texture pop-in, but it is nothing that breaks the immersion. On the audio standpoint, the rousing orchestral score kicks in at all the right moments, making tense moments even better. Some electric guitar work also compliments the high octane action on some of the more action oriented levels, and there is even a surprise song for old fans during the credits. Voice acting is great, with voices from the one and only Peter Cullen and Nolan North, the others also provide solid performances. Presentation gets an A+. 

Conclusion: Exceptional in every possible way, Transformers: Fall Of Cybertron sets the bar even higher than the original. Every single level feels unique, and the multi-player offers variety. They compliment each other perfectly. HMS has certainly outdone their previous effort, and I can't wait to see where the take the franchise in the future. Thank you guys for the love and care with such a beloved franchise. Any fan of Transformers needs this game, and any fan of 3PS games owes it to themselves to check it out, it is well worth your time.

This game gives you big blast of happy right in your face, scoring a corking 9 out of 10

thanks to my mate Dillon for his help with this review.
KENT HAMMER
KENT HAMMER
Site Owner & Admin
Site Owner & Admin

XBOX Gamertag : KENT HAMMER
Number of posts : 13825
Registration date : 2009-01-05
TGD Reputation : 578
TGD Elite Member Points : 25617

https://www.youtube.com/TheGamesDenTV

Back to top Go down

Transformers-Fall Of Cybertron Review Empty Re: Transformers-Fall Of Cybertron Review

Post  TreeMunky Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:40 pm

Nice review fella. I haven't played a Transformers game since Revenge of the Fallen and that wasn't the best of games. I will be looking out for a copy of this one.
TreeMunky
TreeMunky
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : TreeMunky
Number of posts : 1773
Registration date : 2012-01-30
TGD Reputation : 28
TGD Elite Member Points : 6686

Back to top Go down

Transformers-Fall Of Cybertron Review Empty Re: Transformers-Fall Of Cybertron Review

Post  Tenlo Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:40 pm

Great review as ever kent, I'll be honest I always look forward to reading your unique review style. I always want to play the Transformers games but just never get round to it but I am certainly missing out.
Tenlo
Tenlo
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : Tenlo
Number of posts : 4825
Registration date : 2011-02-03
TGD Reputation : 187
TGD Elite Member Points : 11929

Back to top Go down

Post  KENT HAMMER Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:02 am

Thanks guys glad you enjoyed the review.

It really is a great game and I am surprised more people have not picked it up.
KENT HAMMER
KENT HAMMER
Site Owner & Admin
Site Owner & Admin

XBOX Gamertag : KENT HAMMER
Number of posts : 13825
Registration date : 2009-01-05
TGD Reputation : 578
TGD Elite Member Points : 25617

https://www.youtube.com/TheGamesDenTV

Back to top Go down

Post  Ba5sett Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:28 pm

Nice review mate sounds like a good game
Ba5sett
Ba5sett
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : Ba5sett
Number of posts : 3288
Registration date : 2009-09-18
TGD Reputation : 58
TGD Elite Member Points : 9062

Back to top Go down

Post  Slayer1189 Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:43 pm

Nice review, only played the first 3 Transformers games on 360 but they get better as they go on IMO.. So since Dark of the Moon I just might move on to WfC then eventually this one.

So many games, so little time Razz

Slayer1189
unaddicted
unaddicted

XBOX Gamertag : Slayer1189
Number of posts : 295
Registration date : 2012-01-19
TGD Reputation : 0
TGD Elite Member Points : 4894

Back to top Go down

Post  Tricky34 Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:41 pm

Nice review Boss man. I've not played any of Transformers games, sounds like it might be worth checking out. When my gaming mojo returns for the winter.
Tricky34
Tricky34
Games Den Moderator
Games Den Moderator

XBOX Gamertag : Tricky34
Number of posts : 7255
Registration date : 2009-05-31
TGD Reputation : 152
TGD Elite Member Points : 13287

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down