The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer
The Games Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

so it's official...

+4
garymason72
ITManCometh
RabidHellBunny
monders
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

so it's official... - Page 2 Empty so it's official...

Post  monders Mon May 11, 2009 8:42 am

First topic message reminder :

...I suck at shooters! Went online with Bad Company last night, and got well and truly pwnd. It was bordering ridiculous. Instant death, with no enemies even near by, WTF?!

I'd like to blame the afternoon I'd spent in the George and Dragon, but that would be a cop-out.

I did kill a few folk and amassed 16 points, then shortly after that I was on -15... siiiigh, oh well. The single player is a gasser so I'll just jib about on that.
monders
monders
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

Number of posts : 1460
Registration date : 2009-03-30
TGD Reputation : 46
TGD Elite Member Points : 7140

http://www.flickr.com/photos/thatnicelee/

Back to top Go down

so it's official... - Page 2 Empty Re: so it's official...

Post  NBZ Hikaru Wed May 13, 2009 10:34 am

I have the Rock Band one in here as well, but it's not as problematic.

I'm always walking into my real kit. It blocks access to my window,so opening the curtains is a pain in the posterior, and the worst of it is when you come home from a night out at 4am or something, it's deathly quiet and you knock something which hits one of the cymbals *CRAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSHHHHHH* and wakes up the whole house.

Still I wouldn't get rid of it though... It's kinda like my COD relationship... It's annoying, it's a pain, but it's also pretty good fun.

NBZ Hikaru
unaddicted
unaddicted

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2009-04-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed May 13, 2009 10:37 am

Mine's in my friend's practice room at the mo. Means that all I have left in my bedroom is a few guitars/basses, a PA, a few amps hehe. Music's a pain on space ><

Back to top Go down

Post  NBZ Hikaru Wed May 13, 2009 10:40 am

I did have mine in my mates warehouse for a bit. It was safe and I could practise any time without disturbing anyone... He retired recently and moved to Cyprus (lucky bugger) so the kits back in my room again.

I don't have any other instruments, thankfully.

NBZ Hikaru
unaddicted
unaddicted

XBOX Gamertag : NBZ Hikaru
TGD Reputation : 0
TGD Elite Member Points : 5532

Back to top Go down

Post  ITManCometh Wed May 13, 2009 8:41 pm

NBZ Hikaru wrote:
Me on COD with a shotgun, another guy with a knife at point blank. I fire and hit him, he stabs and hits me... I die! Neutral

I dunno if it's any different on Battlefield:BC as I've not played it for months.

That would be the lag, another possibility is the lag, I've heard on these games there may be some lag - did I mention the lag Razz Razz
ITManCometh
ITManCometh
unaddicted
unaddicted

XBOX Gamertag : IT Man Cometh
Number of posts : 234
Registration date : 2009-01-26
TGD Reputation : 14
TGD Elite Member Points : 5831

Back to top Go down

Post  NBZ Hikaru Thu May 14, 2009 9:52 am

I have been wondering about lag after last nights play.

Last night I was on Overgrown on COD, entering a small building and some guy from quite a way off shot me from the side. From my screen I never died til I was through the door and in the corridor of the building. From the replay camera he'd shot me before I'd entered the building and I died just before I got through the doorway. If it was real life it'd only be a matter of 2 or 3 feet, but obviously it'd make a difference in a game if the things I'm shooting at are actually 3 feet from where they were when I fired.

I did pick up a few pointers from a friend of mine last night and they seem to be helping. Last couple of games I'd managed to equalise my deaths to kills ratio. Instead of 2 kills to 2,300,000 deaths (ok I exagerated there it was actually 1 kill), I was getting something like 8 kills to 9 deaths towards close of play.

NBZ Hikaru
unaddicted
unaddicted

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu May 14, 2009 10:30 am

NBZ Hikaru wrote:I have been wondering about lag after last nights play.

Last night I was on Overgrown on COD, entering a small building and some guy from quite a way off shot me from the side. From my screen I never died til I was through the door and in the corridor of the building. From the replay camera he'd shot me before I'd entered the building and I died just before I got through the doorway. If it was real life it'd only be a matter of 2 or 3 feet, but obviously it'd make a difference in a game if the things I'm shooting at are actually 3 feet from where they were when I fired.

I did pick up a few pointers from a friend of mine last night and they seem to be helping. Last couple of games I'd managed to equalise my deaths to kills ratio. Instead of 2 kills to 2,300,000 deaths (ok I exagerated there it was actually 1 kill), I was getting something like 8 kills to 9 deaths towards close of play.

Yeah, that is a typical example of lag.

The key to all FPS games is simple: Keep down. People can't shoot what they can't see. Try and hide behind stuff and shoot people in the back as they blunder aimlessly past etc. Wink

Back to top Go down

Post  NBZ Hikaru Thu May 14, 2009 11:19 am

Aye that's pretty much what my mate said. He also said aim while turning corners because you catch a lot of people who just blindly run round them and right into your line of sight. Seemed to work quite well for me last night.

I'm not looking to be great at it. I'll be content if I can keep my deaths to kils ration pretty even most of the time. Razz

NBZ Hikaru
unaddicted
unaddicted

Back to top Go down

Post  ITManCometh Fri May 15, 2009 11:07 am

NBZ Hikaru wrote:I have been wondering about lag after last nights play.

I've had to alter my game play quite dramitcally due to the lag, still gets very frustating tho when I get stabbed from across the street or get shot by the magical bullet thats gone round the corner and managed to follow me behind a wall, only on certain maps will you find me doing CQC.

Role on 21CN when there may actually be a level playing field.
ITManCometh
ITManCometh
unaddicted
unaddicted

XBOX Gamertag : IT Man Cometh
Number of posts : 234
Registration date : 2009-01-26
TGD Reputation : 14
TGD Elite Member Points : 5831

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum