The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer
The Games Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game Of Thrones - Mini Review

Go down

Game Of Thrones - Mini Review Empty Game Of Thrones - Mini Review

Post  Sh00t3rmcgavin2 Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:45 pm

Game of Thrones
Game Of Thrones - Mini Review Got10Game Of Thrones - Mini Review Got111

Firstly I am not a fan of the Game Of Thrones T.V show or the books, infact I honestly had never heard of it.
Had I been a fan I think I would probably got much more from this game.

There is no open world freedom of a bigger RPG, and is infact quite linear, but having said that, this allowed for a fast moving story
which isn't actually too bad, the normal story line of greed, murder, medieval brothels and family's at war, is enough to keep you interested.

If you can get past the dull beginning, poor visuals, lenghty dialogue sequences and bloody awful voice acting, you may have a chance of progressing with this game.

The game forces you to make choices during dialogue, these choices will change the direction of the game and the level endings, choices are very simple, normally between strong and weak, good and evil and compassion or ruthlessness!(zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz)

The worst part of this game though is its combat system, battles consist of repetitive turn based auto attacks, no tactics or skill is required, although I'm pretty sure that is what was intended. You choose between Swordplay, axe's, archery and special moves, one of which morphs you into your dog's body for stealthy kills! The combat system is very complicated, very clunky and if I'm honest I didn't really understand what half the abilities, moves or potions where intended for, infact for a game that forces skill and stat development, I used very very little of what was on offer. (I played on lowest difficulty, so I may have used more on hard)

Achievement wise, it's very tricky, there are at least 10 super easy missable achievements, I am confident in saying you would get nowhere near completed gamerscore on one playthrough, without a very good, detailed guide. It is possible to carry on your playthrough without knowing you have left hundreds of gamerscore behind, such as achievements for saying the correct things in dialogue, and picking up well hidden side quests, this for a gamerscore addict is frustrating, because if you miss something, there is no level select or numerous game saves, infact there is no going back, unless you are 'very' clever with your game saves!!

All in all, I have nearly completed, and it has grown on me, but this is a very poor effort in truth, it could have been brilliant!!

OVERALL SCORE 5/10
Sh00t3rmcgavin2
Sh00t3rmcgavin2
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : Sh00t3rmcgavin2
Number of posts : 1513
Registration date : 2011-12-21
TGD Reputation : 0
TGD Elite Member Points : 6175

Back to top Go down

Game Of Thrones - Mini Review Empty Re: Game Of Thrones - Mini Review

Post  Sh00t3rmcgavin2 Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:27 pm

Just Finished, took me 24 hours, so not a bad time for a max!!
Sh00t3rmcgavin2
Sh00t3rmcgavin2
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : Sh00t3rmcgavin2
Number of posts : 1513
Registration date : 2011-12-21
TGD Reputation : 0
TGD Elite Member Points : 6175

Back to top Go down