The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer
The Games Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Huge update coming to WP7 later this year

Go down

Huge update coming to WP7 later this year Empty Huge update coming to WP7 later this year

Post  Tenlo Tue May 17, 2011 12:06 am

A new update has been leaked reportedly making WP7.5. Code named 'Mango' it contains the following

Windows Live Messenger, Facebook chat and AOL Instant Messenger all integrated under Messaging -This is rumored to be a dual data/SMS system, making it really reliable even when your connection is not. Your presence as well as your friends are displayed in the People Hub dynamically.

Office 365 and Skydrive built into Office hub

Group Messaging - Currently there are some nice 3rd party apps that do this, but the ability to have pre-defined groups to message to will be now native, allowing to create quick groups for Family, Work, Friends, etc. This will work for Email and SMS.

Artist art on Lockscreen - This is very cool, especially those with Zune HD players. What this does is pull down the Zune/Artist artwork of your current selection and plays it in a marquee/banner fashion on the screen. It currently does this on your Zune desktop/Xbox (play some music and wiat a few mins, you'll see). Evidently, in WP7.5, you can do this on your phone, making the Zune HD/Windows Phone distinction even less. This was always an awesome thing on the Zune HD, so we're glad it's being brought over.
Games Hub gets a facelift, including 'sync' option (potentially for online-game play).

Native Checkins are coming e.g. Facebook Places

Visual Voicemail will use Open Mobile Terminal Platform (OMTP)

Battery saving features/options (under Settings)

WiFi Hotspot support, uses Network Communication and Information Systems (NCIS) technology

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Be aware this is just a leaked report and nothing is confirmed. Also not confirmed is that fact that the 'Mango' Update will allow you to digitally upload fruit into your phone and then by pressing the on/off button and back button you can then see the celebrity of your choice eating said piece of fruit.

Source: WPCentral
Tenlo
Tenlo
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : Tenlo
Number of posts : 4825
Registration date : 2011-02-03
TGD Reputation : 187
TGD Elite Member Points : 11944

Back to top Go down

Huge update coming to WP7 later this year Empty Re: Huge update coming to WP7 later this year

Post  Guest Tue May 17, 2011 9:43 am

I don't want to feed celebs with my phone!!
I want to be able to spend my microsoft points on the mirsoft Arcade games!! or at least the ever mounting credit to pay for said games... it's a fooking joke

Back to top Go down

Huge update coming to WP7 later this year Empty Re: Huge update coming to WP7 later this year

Post  Tenlo Tue May 17, 2011 10:20 am

I think the reason you have to pay by card is that not all paid games available for WP7 are Xbox games, and many are not even owned by Microsoft. Therefore it'd be weird to be paying Microsoft for games they don't own. I wonder if they could allow you to buy MS games with MS points but I'm wondering if the process would be quite complicated.

The other option would be to have only micrsoft apps available but then you wouldn't be able to use Youtube, or any other app not owned by micrsoft
Tenlo
Tenlo
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : Tenlo
Number of posts : 4825
Registration date : 2011-02-03
TGD Reputation : 187
TGD Elite Member Points : 11944

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue May 17, 2011 12:07 pm

I'm a gamer, i use the games and thats it lol if i want youtube i go on the laptop for a bigger screen
Hope they can do something tho... getting to be a pain in the arse having to ask the missus if i can spend her money lol

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down