The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer
The Games Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

XONE & PS4 4K Hardware Revision Coming This Year

3 posters

Go down

XONE & PS4 4K Hardware Revision Coming This Year Empty XONE & PS4 4K Hardware Revision Coming This Year

Post  KENT HAMMER Tue Feb 03, 2015 1:33 pm

We could see brand new hardware revisions of the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One this year, complete with support for 4K resolution video output.

According to the Huffington Post, Netflix’s Chief Product Officer Neil Hunt said during the Consumer Electronics Show last month that Sony had "promised" a PS4 hardware revision with 4K video capabities before the end of the year. This would be a big deal for Netflix, as the video service is one of the most significant providers of ultra high definition 4K content.

When Forbes followed up Neil Hunt's statement, Netflix declined to comment, saying that it wasn't in a position to speak definitively on Sony's plans. What Netflix did do was elaborate on Hunt's belief that both PS4 and Xbox One would both "do their traditional two-year hardware refresh" in 2015 and 4K video support would be added. There's a logic there that's hard to dispute, but both Microsoft and Sony have declined to comment.

It's also worth stressing that we're talking about video output here, not 4K gaming. Forbes says that "the upgrade will almost certainly only affect video streaming; 4K gaming looks set to remain exclusively the domain of high-end PC owners." The report adds that, "Sony pointedly added at the end of its response to my query about 4K that 'The PS4 does not currently support 4K output for gaming'. Though even here Sony couldn’t resist using the word ‘currently’…"

Interesting stuff. Would you upgrade? And just as importantly, do you have the a telly capable of showing 4K video?
KENT HAMMER
KENT HAMMER
Site Owner & Admin
Site Owner & Admin

XBOX Gamertag : KENT HAMMER
Number of posts : 13825
Registration date : 2009-01-05
TGD Reputation : 578
TGD Elite Member Points : 25635

https://www.youtube.com/TheGamesDenTV

Back to top Go down

XONE & PS4 4K Hardware Revision Coming This Year Empty Re: XONE & PS4 4K Hardware Revision Coming This Year

Post  Guest Tue Feb 03, 2015 1:49 pm

was looking at 4k before crippy, but just like mounting jabba I pulled out at the last moment

The lack of content and the apparently poor qc of the panels combined with the majority of 4k sets having high input lag persuaded me to hold fire for a couple of years

Once there are more than 5 movies and Kevin Spacey on 4k it might be worth upgrading especially if we end up with the holy grail of 4k gaming

the demos I have seen are spectacular, but for non 4k stuff the set needs to process and guess the missing pixels so non hd stuff can be very very ropey

even hd such as blurry can look a bit worse than on a normal 1080p set especially if you have a good one

Unlike the fad of 3d this will eventually be the next proper step up but the content will drive the technology and until they start producing much much more of it the set you have at the moment is the one to keep

Last edited by Everton on Tue Feb 03, 2015 1:55 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spellunk mushtakees)

Back to top Go down

XONE & PS4 4K Hardware Revision Coming This Year Empty Re: XONE & PS4 4K Hardware Revision Coming This Year

Post  Sedgendary Tue Feb 03, 2015 1:53 pm

I thought both the Xbox One and PlayStation 4 already supported 4k video output?
Sedgendary
Sedgendary
TGD News Hound
TGD News Hound

XBOX Gamertag : Sedgendary
Number of posts : 1254
Registration date : 2014-10-01
TGD Reputation : 96
TGD Elite Member Points : 5252

Back to top Go down

Post  dazzamann Tue Feb 03, 2015 2:02 pm

Ive got a 4K TV now, but not sure I can justify more expense for new consoles
dazzamann
dazzamann
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : dazzamann
Number of posts : 1490
Registration date : 2009-02-22
TGD Reputation : 13
TGD Elite Member Points : 7177

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum